Taxi Light Question

Pro Member Trainee
hammerdag Trainee

Last night while flying home I had the window wing view for my seat--my favorite. My question is that as I looked out in aw at all the planes--including what I believe to be the new boeing 787--I noticed that everyone taxied without their taxi lights on??? I always turn mine on night or day when taxing---is there something I don't know here 😕

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Yup. It's a simulation.

In the real world you put on the landing lights on the ground and within the airspace for visability. Or really whenever you need to be seen.

In FS9 I'm sure it just wasn't with the programming time to put this on aircraft on the ground as it is mostly an air based sim.

Pro Member First Officer

Sorry in rereading your post, I realized you might be talking about actual aircraft? Landing lights are not required on the ground. You can if you choose, but likely the visabiity was good and if you can't see a 747 in broad daylight, then the lights will have little effect either. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

hammerdag is inquiring about taxi lights, not landing lights Idea

Pro Member First Officer

Yes ... and on some aircraft they are one and the same.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Not on the 787 (real life).

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...