See Ground in overcast

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Hi,
Unless there is low visibility I can always see ground when flying above overcast? Reeal weather is great, but the ground always shows - bit hazy but shows. Is there any setting in the scenary or in weather I can do to achieve a genuine overcast? I recall that in some previous FS version you actually flew above clouds, dipped in while on ILS approach and emerged from it at the runway trashold?
Thanks

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
claytonlocher Trainee

I myself have always been disappointed when flying above overcast/foggy skies in FS. If there was a way to fix it, I'd sure be eager to have it changed. Anyone know anything more about this?

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Gents as far as i know, there's no way of getting that nice undercast in FS2004 like there was in FS2002 😞 and i've pretty much looked everywhere and asked everyone .

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

If you are looking for a layer of ground fog-set up stratus about 3000 feet thickand 8/8 from ground level up and reduce Visability to about 5 miles

if you want to not see the ground at all from say 10000'

Do the same-but make the stratus about 6000 thick and 8/8 add a second layer over that of 8/8 and set Vis to 5 mi--that should give you a zero zero approach

ifyou want to land thru a solid deck, but clear under at ground level

then lay in the clouds about 200 AGL--and set vis to 1/2 mile--that should give you a workout

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...