at the gate

Pro Member Trainee
whittke1 Trainee

Can anyone tell me how to start flight sim x on pause so that my plane doesn't automatically start to move as soon as the game starts?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

The plane shouldn't start moving when the game starts, even if the engines are running...

Whatever the default flight's plane is doing when you load a custom flight, your plane will be doing. So If the default flight is a cold and dark plane, every custom flight will start out cold and dark. If the default flight is with the engines running at high speed, then when you load up your engines will be running.

Try saving a new default flight.

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

Be sure you R nor in autopilot mode and and your speed not engaged

Pro Member Trainee
jespere Trainee

You are not alone, this happends to me to... dont know how to fix it though 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Traches already pointed out how to fix this. Here it is in more detail:

In Free Flight select the Cessna 172 SP

Location select KSEA

Time and season select Spring, Day

Fly now

Once the flight has loaded, press Ctrl+. (this will put on the brakes).
Make sure your throttle is at idle.
Next, press ;
The dialogue box to save a flight will pop up. Give it a name such as "New default flight". Now the most important part: Check the little box in front of Make this the default flight.
Exit the sim. Load the sim again, now you have a new default flight. If you select Fly Now you will see that the brakes are on.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...