FSX Sys Built - Working GOOD! - Thought this might Help You!

Pro Member Trainee
shaun6811 Trainee

Hi - Just thought I would share my experiences with you

Look at this link below - No longer available - Im sure something better will come along soon - but Overclockers Offers seem to change by the day! - Excellent Bundles - I have NOTHING to do with Overclockers by the way - Got this system built for my severely disabled Father - all he can do now is "Fly" from his Wheelchair!!! - It's Awesome!!!

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-031-OE&groupid=43&catid=339&subcat=&utm_source=newsletter20090902&utm_medium=email

New Hard drive - New Fast DVD Drive - Running GTX 260 Graphics & 850 Watt Power Supply - Case was £110 with Major cooling from Antec

I Know I struggled like hell to find Info on a PC setup that would run FSX when researching a build for my Dad - this does it!!!

Seems that CPU Power (By a LONG WAY) is more important than Graphics Card with FSX - That is why this bundle came Factory Overclocked with suitable Motherboard and Liquid Cooling System - Quad Obviously i7 Processor Overclocked to an Incredible 4Ghz!!!! (Need Big Power Supply)

But PLEASE Look at Overclockers Bundles - Stumbled across these guys!!! & WOW!!! - FSX is STUNNING!!!!

Better Graphics card will be even more impressive - But myself and Dad spent lots of money over the Years trying to get 2004 looking good = Failed!!! - But Now Flight Sim 2004 - Maxed Everything (Eats it Easily for Breakfast) and Regarding FSX - a Good 75% up - All Sliders are Max!!! - the rest is Just tweaking!!

Traffic and Boats are approx 40% - running at 20fps (Smooth) - But FSX will always need tweaking - we have not tweaked it yet!!! - But Ive been playing PC Games for 10 Years myself now (and I have a Pretty good system myself) - And I Know how much of a system Demanding Bugger FSX is - On this Bundle - it Just looks SO MUCH BETTER - EVERYTHING JUST LOOKS BETTER - MORE DETAIL ETC - It Just Works!!

Which just Confirms!!! - BIG FACTORY OVERCLOCKED QUAD PROCESSOR IS THE WAY TO GO GUYS!!!!!!

You still need a FULL GOOD System and AVOIDING BOTTLENECKS! IN SYSTEM!!

Look at Bundles from link above - as I say - OFFERS seem to vary from day to day - But all compatible Kit - Ram, Processor,Cooling & Motherboard - and it does what it says on the Tin!!! - Just works & Damn Good WITH FSX!!

Oh - Plus Decent Monitor - Dad is running 20" HP Monitor running at 1600 x something - this seems to make a huge difference too

Don't know what else to say - apart from I hope this Helps You all

Shaun

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

it looks like a winner.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

yep 😀

Hardware and addons are finally catching up to the program.

Now lets see how FSX runs on windows 7, due out next month.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...