FMC

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

If you were programming your FMC to go somewhere and you were setting up the RTE1 2/2 and there's slots to put the VIA and TO info, where can you find the information to enter those waypoints?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

TO is a waypoint, I.E. "TO CVG" (a VOR station not too far from my house😀 )

VIA is an airway I.E. "VIA J58" (a number I pulled out of... somewhere)

Basically it saves you from having to type in a bunch of waypoints, when you're programming your flight plan you can type in the last point on the airway you're following, and the airway, and the computer will fill the rest along the way. It's like navigating using roads rather than a list of intersections you want to drive through. When you're flying an IFR flight you should use the "airway to airway" option, and it should give you the name of the airways you'll be using.

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

Where would you find the airway and waypoint?. Like if I were to go from Miami intl to orlando intl. How the hell would I know what the airways and waypoints are? How could I find them?

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

You'd use a flight planner, most convenient one is the built in flight planner that comes with FSX. There are others out there as well that are better, google's your friend 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Derian First Officer

roger that. lol, thanks for the info dude. 😀 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...