Acceleration Error Code 1-80004005

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Hello folks

I've been away from the forum for a few years. I want to say hi to all; and especially Radarman. 🙂 Recently I built my first computer. It's a high end rig and I'm thinking it is a good time to get back into flight simulation. I purchased FSX Gold Edition. Cheap enough today... but I discovered, not worth the aggravation of not being able to install and activate the $*#!%@ Accelerator expansion pack.

I installed FSX without SP1 & SP2 and activated it without problems. I then installed the Acceleration Expansion Pack and the fun begins. Ive installed and uninstalled the entire sim several times now with no luck. 🙄

I am getting the error code 1-80004005. Unable to activate AEP. While there are some posts on this particular error around various sites I have yet to find an answer. Does anyone have any experience with this ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Hi!

Install FSX then Acceleration.
Acceleration contains SP1 and SP2.

Your best bet would be to uninstall and completely clean FSX and any component parts then reinstall them in order, don't install the SP packs.

Best way to uninstall (FSX same way).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888846

Also check this out and see if it helps before you uninstall.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960481

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Hello Radarman,

Thanks for your reply. How have you been? I've been looking for an answer and found none. I thought of asking the folks here, but still continued to look for a fix. I finally found a Registry fix and IT WORKS. All is good now! Here's what I found in case someone ever needs it:

1. In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then OK.
In Windows Vista, click Startthe Start button, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit.exe in the Programs list.
User Access Control permission If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
2. Expand the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.
4. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr, and then click OK. (mine said CLEANBOOT on one line and partmgr on the next, just remove one line leaving PartMgr as the value)
5. Close Registry Editor, and then try to use the activation wizard.

I had several other values in the "Upperfilters" multi-string. Following the instructions I deleted those leaving only PartMgr. I reinstalled FSX. Activated it. Then installed Acceleration and was able to get the activation screen to appear allowing me to enter my product key. 😀

Warm regards,
michlin 🙂

P.S. I am surprised I don't need the DVD in its drive to run up FSX.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Yes it has been a long time and yes I remember you.

Glad to see the fix, when you follow MS's detailed boring instructions they also want you to clean the registry.

Now that it's up and running have a good time and no crack necessary, just a laborious registration.

Enjoy!

Radar

TimGliddon Guest

I had the same problem with activating my FSX-A, I almost downloaded a cracked version but eventually found this link, posted here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960480

All I did was scroll halfway down the page, RUN Microsoft Fix It, and Voila! up popped my activation screen for FSX-A.

Thanks so so so much!!

fsxfreakbboy Guest

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THAT FIX IT PROGRAM.
i downloaded it and i had the same problem as you
and i activated fsx and there was my activation screen!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀

ARFF1Tampa Guest

Thank you too. 6+ calls with microsoft games support and none helped at all. The microsoft fix you posted worked. Thanks again.

D.Wilson Guest

Thanks for the post...Very helpful in resolving this issue

RSABORIO Guest

Solved, thank you

John N Guest

Hi Suffered the same registration problem

PartMgr is case sensitive.

My registry had partmgr, changed it to PartMgr, worked a treat.

Cheers

GroundServices Guest

I was looking for upperfilters in the left, instead of the right. That's why I could never find it.

This post should be stickied.

GroundServices Guest

Now begins the process of reinstalling all my addons, 😕

I have been having trouble with the activation of my MS Flight SIm X Gold Edition.

I am installing on MS 2010.

I install the 2 x Discs for X and then activate. All is OK, then I install the Acceleration disc.

Once installed I run the programme and I get an error message saying there is an activation problem... The app then takes a time, but opens (can't tell if it is the full thing or not as I don't know what that should look like), but then after some time a message comes up saying the trial period is up, and shuts the programme. Frustrating when flying an F18 on an intercept mission!

I can't fins anything that seems to address this issue.

Any help please.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I have been having trouble with the activation of my MS Flight SIm X Gold Edition.

I am installing on MS 2010.

I install the 2 x Discs for X and then activate. All is OK, then I install the Acceleration disc.

Once installed I run the programme and I get an error message saying there is an activation problem... The app then takes a time, but opens (can't tell if it is the full thing or not as I don't know what that should look like), but then after some time a message comes up saying the trial period is up, and shuts the programme. Frustrating when flying an F18 on an intercept mission!

I can't fins anything that seems to address this issue.

Any help please.

Drop the Acceleration disks back in and see if that helps.
If it doesn't call Microsoft.

Radar

Thank you Radarman... I'll give it a try

PascalFSX Guest

I had this horrible error code running FSX.
I have replaced the key UpperFilters HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} containing "partmgr" by "PartMgr" (case sensitive) and run again FSX. It has asked me the registration key, I have filled it and it works fine now !
Thank you very much !!!

Fastcat71 Guest

Thank you!

I followed the instructions above, edited the Windows 10 registry as described, then launched FSX and the activation box for Acceleration came up!

Now I can go flying 🙂

The69Rider Guest

Changing partmgr to PartMgr in the registry key mentioned above fix the problem...

ljpung Guest

Hi Suffered the same registration problem

PartMgr is case sensitive.

My registry had partmgr, changed it to PartMgr, worked a treat.

Cheers

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...