HELP! Cannot make changes to aircraft.cfg file...

Pro Member Trainee
Robert (RS61565) Trainee

Hey all, I've set all my permissions to where they need to be for changing said files. Tried opening them with Adobe, and it tells me that it's either not a "supported file type" or that the file has been damaged. Tried again using MS Notepad, and when I try to save it, it tells me that path and/or file name are incorrect. Can't use any of the add-ons for FSX default A/C. Starting to get a little frustrated... Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

RS

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Roar54 Trainee

I had this problem for a while. It may or may not work.
Try saving it to the desktop once you have edited it in notepad. Then cutting or copying it over the old cfg file. As for adobe, I haven't got a clue. Have you updated it recently? I'd try doing that.

Bit of newbie help, but I hope it works for you, (presuming you haven't tried it already!).

Have a good flight! 🍻

Pro Member Trainee
Carlin Trainee

I had that problem And what I finally did was copy the Aircraft FOLDER in to one of my Folders (IE Downloads Documents Pictures etc.) and then I can change the Aircraft cfg. File. By the way I use notepad I don't know if you have tried that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Roar54 wrote:

I had this problem for a while. It may or may not work.
Try saving it to the desktop once you have edited it in notepad. Then cutting or copying it over the old cfg file. As for adobe, I haven't got a clue. Have you updated it recently? I'd try doing that.

Bit of newbie help, but I hope it works for you, (presuming you haven't tried it already!).

Have a good flight! 🍻

^

Definately the easiest way to do it, once you've finished editing, save to your desktop, and then drag it to the folder and overwrite! 😉

morgstaaaa Guest

wow! this thread was so helpfull!! never knew how to changes the CFGs till now! thanks all 😀 happy flights all!

before editing the cfg file be sure to right click it and go to properties and at the bottom un-check read-only box. this will allow you to edit the file and press save to overwrite it without any problems.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...