Unzipping files

Pro Member Trainee
bouncy Trainee

Hi

I don't seem to be able to extract files from a Zip file. I am download a model and saving it another folder, but when I click on the zipfile I never get the extract option.

Can anyone help? I am sure this is a very basic question!

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Use the evaluation version model of WinZip , just double click it and it will open.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

bouncy wrote:

Hi

I don't seem to be able to extract files from a Zip file. I am download a model and saving it another folder, but when I click on the zipfile I never get the extract option.

Can anyone help? I am sure this is a very basic question!

There is absolutely no need for a 3rd party extraction tool. Instead of clicking on a .zip file, right-click on the file and select Extract All... from the drop-down menu, then follow the prompts.
Why clutter your hard drive with yet another program which at best contributes to slowing down your system?
If you must have a 3rd party compression / extraction tool, use IZArc - no trial period, it is free forever so you won't do anything illegal and is faster and takes up much less space on your hard drive than WinZip. Further, WinZip can on occasions clash with Windows explorer.
My advice: Stay away from WinZip!!

IZArc: ➡ http://www.izarc.org/download.html

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

I would agree with Tailhook. No need for another program to extract files from archives.

but if you want one IZarc is good as well as the open source 7Zip small and fast.
anything but WinZip.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...