I need to convert a FSX scenery into FS9

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

Its a simple scenery for a location that have never had an addon made for it in FS9--Nothing fancy-but is there a way to convert the FSX BGL files so that they if nothing else can be read so I can see the basics of the scenery-and from that maybe hand modify or redo it all in FS9?

Been looking at a few tool--I am NOt worried about the building that I need to replace so much as I want to see the descriptions and locaions of what Stock building were used in FSX and then rewrite is in FS9.

Any one????

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

I'm not sure how to do it but its not as simple as that, you have to remember the world in FSX is curved, flat in FS9, and there is a whole bunch of other things that could be FSX specific with differences in software. I've never heard of scenery being downgraded for FS9, only dual compatible, and even now developers are starting to stop doing that because of the differences and the amount of work is involved.

Just my two cents, I hope you get it done regardless!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...