menu bar not showing

United airlines Guest

I'm running Windows 7 and FSX standard DVD and I tried alt and right click but none of them work.

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try pressing Alt + Enter.

Radar

united airline Guest

tried that and still doesn't show

whatelse can i do

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try Alt alone.

Radar

tried that to and it still doesn't show or its because my screen? i want to do the replay but i can't the menu bar up

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What do you mean "because of your screen" and did it ever show or has it always been this way.

Windows mode should have shown the entire Sim screen.

Radar

no its has never showed

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Drop in disk #1 for repair.
If that doesn't do it then uninstall and reinstall by this method only or a new install won't work.
Uninstalling FSX is the sames as 2004.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888846

Radar

thank you very much

well i tried and it didn't work

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

well i tried and it didn't work

I told you two things to do, what is "it"...what didn't work.

Radar

the repairng

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

First try pressing Alt again but hold it for a little longer it should reappear...to bad the right click on menu bar in the center of the screen doesn't work.

OK, then I guess the only thing left is a reinstall.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

Not trying to be a jerk here--I have FSX on my old system--IF i try to fly it into an area where the scenery is heavy and/or use a payware aircraft--my menu at the top goes into a blank mode--You didnt say what other specs are-but maybe it is scenery overload bogging down the display

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there,

It seems you're encountering an issue many of us have faced at one point or another: the mysteriously vanishing FSX menu bar. Let's dive in and see if we can get that sorted for you.

Potential Solutions:

Fullscreen Mode: At times, the menu bar won't display in fullscreen mode. To check, press ALT + ENTER. This will toggle between windowed and fullscreen mode. Once in windowed mode, try pressing ALT again to see if the menu bar appears.

Graphics Drivers: Ensure your graphics drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can lead to display glitches. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer (NVIDIA, AMD, etc.) to download the latest drivers.

Keyboard Configuration: Check your key assignments within FSX. It's possible that the default key for displaying the menu bar has been changed. Navigate to Options -> Settings -> Controls to review and reset if necessary.

Compatibility Mode: Given you're on Windows 7, try running FSX in compatibility mode. Right-click on the FSX shortcut, go to Properties -> Compatibility, and set it to run for an earlier version of Windows.

Administrator Rights: Ensure you're running FSX as an administrator. Sometimes, lacking the necessary permissions can interfere with certain in-game functionalities.

From my knowledge, the issue you're facing primarily pertains to FSX, but should any users of Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) or X-Plane 12 come across similar challenges, the aforementioned solutions (especially 2 and 3) could be relevant.

Lastly, if all else fails, consider backing up your add-ons and reinstalling FSX. Sometimes, a fresh start clears up lingering issues.

Hope this helps! Safe flying!

Remember, before making any significant changes or updates, always back up your essential data. You never know when you might need to revert to a previous state.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...