Cannot open default FS2004 BMP Files

KMeyers Guest

I want to make a repaint for the default FS2004 Baron 58. However, when I go into ...aircraft/beech_baron_58/Texture, the only BMP that I can open/view is prop_Baron which doesn't do me much good. The other 4 BMP's won't open. I've tried them on other computers, I've tried to have someone else send me their texture file, but still nothing. It seems as though every default aircraft's BMP won't open for me, however my payware BMPs do open.

Any thoughts?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest

It sounds like the default texture are DXT3 and the payware 32bit 888-8

Download a programme called dxtbmp by martin wright

Load the texture and resave as a extended 32 bit 888-8

I think you'll find the default texture have no thumbnail and the payware ones you reffer to have a thumbnail

You cannot open a DXT 3 file without converting it first

You will need to resave it again as a 32 888-8 or DXT 3 when you finish to be able to see it in Flight sim

That worked! Thank you!

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...