Saitek Pro Flight

Pro Member Trainee
matt_flyaway Trainee

Anyone on here know anything about saitek pro flight components? I have purchased a few items and they are giving me trouble.

I have the yoke and throttle setup and just recently purchased the rudder pedals also. Before I got the rudder pedals I was just using auto rudder function. I loaded the new software and followed the online instructions for calibrating the pedals. Every time I plug the rudder pedals in, via USB, my plan just turns to the right or to the left. I cannot get the pedals to center on screen.

Any help would be appreciated!

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest

Hi there,

the problem is that the default key assignments for the saitek rudder in FSX are totaly messed up. The rudder is assigned to the ailerons and stuff like that. You have to edit yourself, which is easy. Go to settings in FSX and assign the correct axis to the rudder. Delete the wrong entries first.
HOWEVER after I got assigned the axis correctly I had the problem that the brake would be constantly applied and i could not take off because of that. To solve that you have to play with the settings in FSX (check the box next to brakes) and calibrate your rudder/brake in windows via the saitek driver.

Hope I could help.

Pro Member Trainee
matt_flyaway Trainee

I have gone through all those steps already. Now the problem I have is that the drivers fail every time I open the saitek software. I have escalated my problem to saitek tech support. so far they have been no help either. I am feeling very discouraged. I thought they were top of the line products.

Ah, that sucks. But what is happening exactly? The driver software crashes and therefore you are unable to calibrate the rudder? Are you or have you been able to actually fly using the rudder?

I assume you already tried downloading the latest driver right? Because the ones that come with the CD are outdatet and rubbish (at least that's what i've been told).

As for windows and driver problems there is always so many things that influence each other. Hard to tell what exactly causes the problem.
For me, i am using a Win 7 Ultimate PC just for FSX and i am not using any other hardware besides the monitor and saitek yoke and rudder, but still i had to install several times until everything worked as it should. But I've been happy ever since and it's pure joy to fly with those, so it's definitly worth the tweaking and fiddeling.

Pro Member Trainee
matt_flyaway Trainee

I downloaded all software off the CD that came with the rudder pedals. I will have to try and download current drivers from saitek’s website.

As of right now I have reconfigured all controls and button commands so they all work the right way. When i go into the airplane, the actual rudder is stuck in the full left position. If i even slightly tap the right rudder pedal it moves to the full right position. There is no in between. I am convinced this is a calibration issue. In FSX i calibrate the pedals and it shows to be working fine. YA not so much! HELP???

First you should really try to install current saitek drivers from their homepage. Uninstall the current drivers first and unplug the rudder and the yoke. Then install the latest drivers. This might/should enable you to callibrate the rudders properly. If not, then let's work out another solution. Hang in there, we're gonna nail this one 😉
What is your OS by the way?

Pro Member Trainee
matt_flyaway Trainee

I am going to try your suggestion right now. I'll let you know how that goes.

I am running windows 7 32 bit

Pro Member Trainee
matt_flyaway Trainee

yea that didnt work either. are you able to send me screenshots of your FSX settings so I can compare. All calibration is working fine.

ok, i will try to post some screenshots tomorrow. gn8 for now 🙂

Good Morning,

okay pics will follow up in a sec. First of all try to callibrate the rudder. There are two ways of doing that.
1. directly in FSX via settings-->calibrate tab-->calibrate button in upper right corner
2. in Windows--> System Control Panel--> Devices--> Saitek Rudder Pedals--> Right Click: Game Controler Settings
(names can vary because I am using german windows and fsx)

Try both methods, just in case. I remember now how I had to fiddle with those as well AND i encountered the same problem like you but I got rid of it just playing with the different settings and calibrating a few times until everything was fine. Working flawless ever since so I already had completly forgotten about that issue. Pics will follow.

Correction:
1. Settings--> CONTROLS--> calibrate tab--> calibrate button (in case you could not find it)

Pro Member Trainee
matt_flyaway Trainee

i have looked over all your settings and I am still stuck. It seems like there is a glitch somwhere with these pedals. Not sure what else to do.

Rupert and Scamp Guest

Hey,

I'm surprised you are having issues with your pedals! I've set up three different sets for myself and friends and it all worked very easily.

Are you using the Saitek Yoke as well? I've always just plugged the rudder port into the yoke housing. I've never tried doing it any other way. However, I also have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick which I use with these rudder pedals.

When I fly a chopper or fighter, I just tell FSX to use the joystick AND the rudder pedals and it works fine. Of course the rudders are still plugged into the yoke body.

I'm wondering if the problem is not the hardware of your pedals instead of an adaptation issue?[img][/img]

Pro Member Trainee
matt_flyaway Trainee

Thanks for all the help! I tried to start over this past weekend. I got my multi panel and radio panel for the holidays too so I reloaded all drivers and I am still having the same problem. It is so weird. I am going to call tech support and if that gets me no where I will be returning them. I just don't understand why when I do the calibrations in FSX and when using the device calibration, it looks to be working fine. HMMMMM

MrBeagle Guest

what did you ever find out regarding this problem? Im having the exact same problem! Even disconnected the rudders, and now its still stuck on left. Calibration seems fine. Went through all you suggested. Only difference with mine was it wasnt going right at all, just immediately and stuck at left, jerky and shaky. Couldnt ever correct it even a bit!

MrBeagle Guest

never mind! found the .xml file I needed to overwrite for the saitek yoke control that solved the problem! found it here...http://proflightsimulator.com/help-troubleshooting.htm#left_error

Pro Member Trainee
matt_flyaway Trainee

glad you figured it out. I ended up returning mine because saitek never got back to me. I purchased the switch panel instead. Had problem with that as well so I uninstalled FSX and started over. Everything works fine now!

Pro Member Trainee
flyenjewman Trainee

Hey guys,

I had a sim problem, I found that my rudder setting had very little null, which is the sesativity. when I adjusted that setting I was golden. enjoy my flight controls, there are so many little settings to make it my-own!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...