flight simulator X - 1628: Failed to complete installation

ney rodrigues Guest

Hey all,

I am having a horrible time trying to install Flight Simulator X on Windows 8.

Every time I try and run the setup.exe, I get the following error: "1628: Failed to complete installation."

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
ney rodrigues Guest

Hey all,

I am having a horrible time trying to install Flight Simulator X Deluxe on Windows 8.

Every time I try and run the setup.exe, I get the following error: "1628: Failed to complete installation."

I have tried the following remedies so far:

1. Run both as administrator, and not. with the following compatability settings:

a. No compatability settings.

b. Windows 7

c. Windows XP Service Pack 3
2. I have tried all suggested methods of fixing the error listed on the Mircosoft Support Page: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910816

3. I have contacted Windows support, and have had a Microsoft support rep use the remote assist tool, to basically do all the above actions before telling me that they couldn't figure out the problem, though they could see the error.

At this point, I'm REALLY hoping that there is someone out there who has fixed this issue and can help me fix it on my machine. There isn't very much information available for Windows 8 yet, and all the support information I can find from MS is in regards to Windows 7, which doesn't help me.

Any thoughts on how to fix the problem?

Thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...