error 1722 and error 1603 on microsoft flght simulator X

Will.G Guest

Recently I uninstalled microsoft flight simulator X (because I got a third-party error message and air hauler addon wouldnt work)and reinstalled it but I got two error messages one was error 1722 and the other was error 1603 which said a fatal error had occured during installation. I bought a new copy of the simulator but the message still came up. I have tried a few solutions like the reset package but none have worked. Is there any solutions to these errors. Please help!!! Rolling Eyes

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Agent Orange Guest

I had the exact same problem recently and almost pulled my hair out trying to solve it Mad What I want to say is, RadarMan's advice is correct, but there's more to it than meets the eye: When running the reset tool, you must run it FROM THE COMMAND PROMPT and make sure you RUN IT AS ADMINISTRATOR (simply running it from the administrator account is NOT enough) -- so when selecting the Command Prompt, don't double-click it, but right-click it and select the "Run as Administrator" option from the menu that comes up. Also, you must make sure you enter the commands EXACTLY as given on the Microsoft website -- even one typo (such as a missing or extra space) will prevent the program from executing.

Beautiful! thankyou so very much!

"was not running command promt as adminstrator 🙄

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...