aicarriers 2 problem

Hi, I have recently downloaded the Nimitz and Ike ver2 and aicarriers 2. I believe I have un-zipped aicarriers 2 properly and installed it properly but when I went to run the program I came up with an error window that pointed to problems with Java or related to Java . The directions say to have Java version 1.5 or later which I do. Would anyone know if there is a work-a-round the error window and be able to run aicarriers 2 ? I really would like to experience the excellent carriers created by Javier Fernandez.

Answers 23 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Don't download Java, they load you up with junk along with the fix.

Try disabling your anti virus (never disable the firewall).
After you try to install them re-enable the anti virus.

You might try to install them in safe mode, I don't know if that will work.
Let us know how you do.

Radar

Hi, should I delete Java then try aicarriers to see if it works? Also, I could not find how I could disable my anti virus program called Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It seems it wants to live on my computer 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

No leave Java if you already have it.

Malwarebytes doesn't need to be disabled.

Can you tell us exactly what the error message is.

Radar

Hi, sure but it's a pretty long one. When I double click the aicarriers icon in program files I get this:
Java.lang.illegalArgumentException: Port out of range:-1
at Java.net.InetSocketAddress.check Port(UnknownSource)
at Java.net.InetSocketAddress.<init>(UnknownSource)
at flightsim.simconnect.SimConnect.<init>(SimConnect.Java:176)
at flightsim.aicarriers.AICarriers Manager.init Connection(AICarriers Managers.Java:146)
at flightsim.aicarriers.AICarriers Manager.<init>(AICarriers Manager.Java:96)
at flightsim.aicarriers.Main.main(Main.Java:36)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I found two solutions, one was an update which I wouldn't download if I were you this is the other.

1. Start Java Control Panel (from windows control panel -> java, OR from Java folder)
2. On "General" tab click "Network settings..."
3. Choose "Direct connection" instead of "Use browser settings"
4. Click OK and you are done.

For update click on little red arrow, that's up to you.
Will it work Dont Know

http://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6723715

Let us know how you do (thanks for the error message).

Radar

Hi, unfortunately it didn't work. I got the same error flag as before. I am begining to feel I may have installed aicarriers2 wrong and that maybe part or all of the problem? It says to install to Program Files. It does not however show up under the Start-all programs menu where you find all your other games and applications. In Program Files I click the aicarriers2 file. 9 items appear there. Then I click on the aicarriers icon then the error flag appears. But shouldn't there be an aicarriers2 icon under the Start-all programs menu?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This one...right?

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2618/fsx-aircraft-carrier-uss-nimitz/

First you have to have FSX Gold or the Acceleration pack.
Then just follow these directions.

INSTALLATION:

1-copy cvn_68_69.cfg into 'conf.d' folder inside your 'Aicarriers' installation folder.

2-Copy all three folders (Simobjects, Effects and Sound) into you main FSX folder.

3-Run Aicarriers2 program and select any of the multiple carrier variations provided in this package

Let us know how it works out.

Radar

Hi, yes thats the one I have. USS_Nimitz_Ike_Version2 I have FSX Gold. I have to admit that I am not too computer sauve. I am not completely sure about the first step of the installation instructions. I am not sure of the location of the Aicarriers installation folder to place a copy of the cvn_68_69 file into 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It should be in one of your main FSX folders.
Look for the Aicarriers folder after you install all.

You might be better off buying one.

https://www.simshack.net/products/uss-enterprise-aircraft-carrier-fsx-prepar3d-682

Radar

Hi, I will definately take a look at TeamSDB's USS Enterprise. But I did not see any Aicarriers folder among the main FSX folders if you mean I go to: My Computer-(C🙂-Program Files-Microsoft Games-Microsoft Flight Simulator X to get to the FSX folders. Maybe I have an old verion of Aicarriers? Maybe I have the wrong version? The one I have is: fsn_carrier_aicarriers2. It is 10Mb. It has 9 items in it once you un-zip it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

As you see I bought this a long time ago and doubt that it is on my present computer.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/26806/fsx-belleau-wood/

As far as Aicarriers goes, I can't find it on my computer either.
My guess, it's made when you install the carriers.

Radar

Hi, I took yesterday off to do a little investigating and it turns out there is at least one other version of Aicarriers 2 (the version that I had). The one I had contained an aircraft carrier from a company called Flight Sim Nation along with aicarriers 2. It was 10Mb in size. For some reason the aicarriers 2 part of the package didn't work on my computer. I downloaded it at Simviation. So, I downloaded Aicarriers 2 from from you guys here (the 5Mb version), installed it and Presto!!!! IT WORKS !!! I am now able to place single and or fleets of ships anywhere within FSX !!! Unfortunately I came across another problem though. The Nimitz and Ike aircraft carriers come out black to about 1/3 of the way down the hull of the ship towards its middle. The decks are also completely black except for a few of the aircraft. The Island is ok, but the mast and antennae are black 🙄 The replenish ship is fine but it also has a black deck where the helicopters are suppose to land. Any thoughts on how to get the ships to have the right colors? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Congrats on solving it!

The chances are that your video card isn't "strong" enough to render the ship and the surrounding scenery.
The simplest way to see if thats the case is to {turn way down) the slides, autogen, shadows, AI and clouds.
The sim itself will look bad but then all the power is rerouted to the ship.
If the ship comes across nice then the card or power supply isn't strong enough.
Let us know how you do.

Radar

Hi, I turned down all my slides, autogen, clouds, the whole works and I only managed to be able to see one flag on the antennae, a few more trucks on the deck, the number 68 on the bow part of the deck and the anchors 🙄 I guess my video card is severely under powered. But I am geussing it could also be in part that I also have Flight 1's Ultimate Terrain U.S.A. and Europe, Ground Environment U.S.A., Europe and Africa. Several states from MegaSceneryEarth. REX Essential Plus Overdrive all running on an 8 year old motherboard that supports only 3Gb of Ram?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

8 years old is old, especially with a game like FSX that's very graphic intensive.
Just an entry level computer today would be an improvement, not much but some.
Too bad, you have some nice add-ons.

Radar

Hi, well it looks like I will definately have to save up for a new machine. I have a feeling that they will come with Windows 7 or 8. I was wondering if you know of any issues with these OS's with FSX?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I use W7 and I know of people using W8 so far no major problems.
With either of those if you use the 64bit (highly recommended) you can use as much ram as you wish.
Don't buy under 8gigs ram and a 1-2gig video card.
The higher the CPU the better for FSX.
Don't buy one with an integrated video card, you want to get the best you can afford.

Radar

Hi, I want to thank you so much for all the help you provided, it was imeasurable 🙂 I will definately come here in the future for downloads and advice. Please continue the very fine work you have done 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thank you and let us know the specs of your new machine before you buy it.

Radar

Hi, will do but I am going to need to save up first 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Hi, will do but I am going to need to save up first 🙂

I know how you feel, I hope for your sake that it's soon.

Radar

Liam.h Guest

hey guys I've been experiencing issues with Javier's Nimitz along side AiCarriers as when my aircraft is on the deck, the deck seems to shudder and when the carrier is in movement it regularly makes my aircraft bounce and sometimes jump.

Thanks for any any solutions or thoughts they are highly helpful .

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...