Acceleration F-18 afterburners

Agent Orange Guest

When flying the F-18 that comes with the FSX acceleration package, how can one tell at a glance whether the afterburners are on or off? Can one tell by looking at the N1 or the ITT, or is there some kind of indicator for afterburner status?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I didn't read this but check it out and I hope it helps.

http://fsxblueangels.com/FSX_F18_Manual.pdf

Radar

Agent Orange Guest

Nope -- it shows where the MMD is (which I already know), and the different engine parameters displayed on it (from top to bottom: Engine Status; Inlet Temp; N1; N2; EGT; Fuel Flow; Nozzle Position; Oil Press; Thrust; Fan Vibration; EPR; CDP or COP -- whatever that means; CPR -- I trust this has nothing to do with first aid; THA -- I don't know that this means either; two oil temperatures (AMAD or AMAO -- whatever that means -- and engine oil); and APU RPM. But it doesn't say anything about any clear indication of A/B status. But I think I have some ideas about what would tell me that the afterburners are on -- N1 and N2 would stay the same, but EGT, fuel flow, nozzle position, and thrust would all go higher. Is that correct?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You'd have to check the effects cfg to see what they have set for the afterburners.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...