Peter Tredre SSAB707 for FSX

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

I have downloaded the Peter Trendre's SSAB707 for FSX which installed just fine. However, when selecting the various icons for Fuel System, Electrical Panel, Air Conditioning, Overhead, Engine Start Switches and Pedestal Quadrant, non of the selectable icons will select any of the above screens. The only screens I get are some strange ground or sky views. I have determined that all of the files are there for the various icons but they do not select and view any of the fixed screens. I'm not sure if it is something I haven't downloaded or installed correctly. The file I downloaded was SSAB707.ZIP. This is a very simple installation and I have done similar installatlion many many time but this one has me fooled.

Need some help on this one.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Download and print out the keyboard commands, they may do the job for you.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/21854/fsx-keyboard-commands/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi Radarman... Pressing the Shift & Numeric keys does the same thing. I have removed the aircraft completely and started over from the zip file. When opening the zip file and reading the readme file it states as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unzip the "SAA707.zip" file into the FSX Airplanes directory.

This directory should be as follows if a standard installation of FSX has been done
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Herein lies the first problem. His program is telling me to install it in the Program Files and not the ProgramFiles (86). When I try to install it to the Program Files, the system says it cannot find the correct folder. Here is a copy of how it wants the installation done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intallation:
------------

Unzip the "SAA707.zip" file into the FSX Airplanes directory.

This directory should be as follows if a standard installation of FSX has been done
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\"

Alternatively unzip the "SAA707.zip" file to a tempory directory and move the "SAA B707" directory to the following

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My system is acting like it is the wrong operating system for this aircraft. However having said that, when I install the aircraft directly into the Program files (86) like I would normally do for FSX, then the aircraft appears and flies ok but the selection of the Icons for engines, startup etc do not work either from the selected icon or using the shift numeric keys. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium as the
operating system.

I hope this brings to light the problem that I am having with thie installation. It seems like a very simple installation and perhaps I am making mountain out of a molehill. I have sent several emails to the
author but have not received any replies as yet..

Thanks for your kind replies

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Your doing it right, his directions are strange.
I couldn't find it in our database.
I hope he answers one of your emails.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi RadarMan... Thanks for the reply. Yes, the instructions seem a bit odd to me as well. It would be nice if someone who has installed this aircraft and had the icon links working as they should, would pop in here and let us know exactly what they did. I am not familiar with the code to link the icons to a fixed window or I would correct the problem. I still have not received a reply from the author to this point. I have read where other people have stated they have installed the aircraft with no problem. Maybe I should give up my first officer seat and apply for a flight attendants job.... Thanks for your replies.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Don't give up the ship!

Try this guy, he seems to make a hobby of helping others.

http://fsxgetstarted.com/contact/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi Radarman... Well I have received no reply from the original author and two other addresses, one of which you gave me. After studying the panel.cfg file it appears that there is either a.cab file missing or the gauge file with its xml file missing as well. There is an exclamation point in the panel.cfg file for most of the gauges which tells me that other gauges are required to make the function work especially when working with an icon that links to a gauge file. It is probably impossible to correct the problem with this aircrafts
panel.cfg file unless we have the proper gauge and xml file to go with it. I have not found a trace of anyone else who has tried to install this particular file. The name of the file is SAA707.zip and can be found on the
flyawaysimulation.com site in case someone out there would like to try and install it in FSX and see what they come up with.

Thanks for trying anyway

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Would you like to try this one.
You can see it in action here, if you have a problem with it I'm sure the YouTube poster would help.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...