FSX Freezes...

Mathias Frederik Antonsen Guest

Hello again.... I asked you about what graphic card that i should buy to run FSX smootly 2 days ago.. I was going to buy Aerosoft's PMDG 737 NGX and My TRaffic, but I haven't done it yet... Because now, an another problem has happened... When I play FSX, suddenly the whole game freezes, but I can hear the engines run in the background. The last times that I have flown, the game froze when I making a turn after take-off, or when i was going to descend for landing.. Have you hear about this before?? I have tried to delete all of my planes that I have downloaded, but without any luck..

Hope you know I have to do, because I don't...

My PC-specs are:
Dell XPS 8300
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
RAM: 6.00 GB
System type: 64 bit

Graphic card: AMD RADEON HD 6450
Total memory (graphic card): 3817 MB

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try locking your FPS at 20, not unlimited.
If that doesn't work, drag the FSXcfg to your desktop and let the sim build a new one.

Third, delete your flight log, the sim will build a new one.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Thank you for the quick answer, but sadly none of your tips worked...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try cleaning out the old video drivers and installing the latest ones.
After you launch the Sim, lower your autogen, AI, clouds and shadows.
See if these help.

Radar

How do you do that?? But now I have actually managed to fly From Istanbul to Tenerife, and also from Tenerife to Oslo without any problems... I took a System Recovery so that my computer became the same as it was for one week ago.. I think maybe that helped with the freezing..

I will contact you if something goes wrong again.. thank you for the help...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

🙂) Very happy to hear that it worked along with the system restore.
Happy flying, enjoy!

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...