FSX Sky White and ground completely black

Over the past week or so I have noticed that my sky on FSX has gone completely white. I shrugged it off because eI could 'fix it eventually' and for the meantime I could have it on lots of cloud. Only, when I installed "Alfs airfields volume 2" (Rochester Airport, EGTO), I noticed my ground went completely black where there is meant to be grass or outside the airport. I did the usual thing of internet searching it when a website said I had a missing file. I downloaded the file and put it where it' semantic to be and nothing changed. By this time, I had uninstalled "Alfs airfield Vol.2" and still nothing. I have lots of UK2000's products but I have had them ever since I have had my computer. I have un-clicked addon sceanry to see if that did anything, no. Uninstalled the airport, no. I don't have any of the expansion packs installed but have run FSX without them for ages. To try and make it work I installed some ground software that has already been installed by my brother for his simulator and it works perfectly. By the way, at the free flight screen on FSX, where you see the aircraft spinning around, that has gone completely white but the aircraft is still there. Help would be very much apreciated, thanks. David Wood - Flight simulator and Aviation enthusiast.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try going into the graphics tab in the Sim and uncheck the Directx10 box.
See if that helps.

Radar

I forgot to put that in, it's already unchecked. Any other ideas?
Thanks - David

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have the feeling that you have added too many add-ons that are overwriting each other.
The only way I can think of is to drop in disk #1 and choose repair (which I doubt will work).

Clean out FSX and reinstall it.
Use this to get rid of everything.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Radar

Thanks will try. Is there anyway of getting another product key?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...