AI Carriers problem?

guest 100 Guest

Hi, I have downloaded AI Carriers2 and Javier Fernandez's Nimitz and Eisenhower version 2 about a year ago and had nothing but long, wonderful hours of simming heaven. I wish to thank them for their excellent work. 🙂 About 2 weeks ago I installed Abacus's Flight Deck 5 because, I will admit, for some of the aircraft that it has...the E-2 Hawkeye, C-2 Greyhound, S-3 Viking in specific. (I have not been able to locate any 1st party companies, 2nd or 3rd partys that have made these aircrafts for FSX) I then removed the desired aircrafts from simobjects-airplanes folder, (E-2, C-2, S-3) placed them safe in a folder in documents, then un-installed Flight Deck 5. I then fired up FSX and then when I went to go place the carrier...nothing happened. The interface did not show up (I usually use shift-j) The carriers also did not show up using the in flight menu. Thinking that maybe un-installing and then re-installing AI Carriers2 would fix the problem, I went to un-install AI Carriers and in doing so got the flag message: AU_.exe has stopped working. "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Windows did not give a solution. Seeing that AI Carriers seemed to be un-installed, because I did not see it in the list of installed programs, I then tried to re-install it. I got the flag message: Setup.exe has stopped working. "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Again no solution. I then checked the install to see if it was actually installed, usually it is located at local disc (C🙂 - Program Files (x86) and all seems to be fine. For some reason I am un-able to bring up AI Carriers2 interface (shift-j) to place carriers in FSX while I am playing it. Is there anyone that may have any suggestions? I would be very appreciated, thanks.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Usually you have to completely uninstall (Clean out) an old add-on to reinstall it again.
Any folder or entry in the registry will prevent you from reloading it.

Try the free version of this http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html and then see if you can load it anew.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

guest 100 Guest

Hi, I have a copy of the free version of Revo un-installer already (when I had to un-install FSX from an earlier time). I used it on AI Carriers and it un-installed it cleanly....there did not seem to be any hidden files on my computer that the AI Carriers un-install exe left behind. Revo un-installer did not seem to find any hidden AI Carriers files. I even used Revo un-installers most advanced level of un-installing programs. So, thinking that all was now good, I installed AI Carriers as usual and I ran into the same flag message as before....Setup.exe has stopped working... etc. Again, it seemed to install like it should...at C: -> Program Files (x86) I am at odds on what could be giving me the flag messages 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Too bad it didn't do the job
I would contact them and see what they can do.
I'm sure that they they have run into this problem before.

http://www.abacuspub.com/contacts

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...