PLane doesn't take off

Guest1 Guest

Hello everyone,

Any jet, (apart from Bombardier), I try to take off at even major airports such as Gatwick or London Heathrow don't take off, they eventually take off miles away after the runway strip- why is this happening?

I have flaps set correctly, speed and trim and I rotate at the correct times but the plane just doesn't take off.

Please could anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't know your computer specs, especially the video card but that could be it.
Try lightening the fuel and cargo load and see if that works.

Radar

Guest1 Guest

Hi there,

Many thanks for your reply - it seems to not make a difference.

I notice that once it even slightly comes off the ground after over running the runway, if I engage auto pilot altitude holder it will act normal and go that height but if I leave A/P off and push up, the plane just continues to stall.

Any ideas?

Many thanks again!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I had that problem with a AN225 many years ago with an old computer.
I bought a better video card and then the aircraft took off.
???

Radar

Guest1 Guest

Hi,

My PC is a very high spec system. Turns out it's a joystick issue as if I plug in another one it works fine- although I want the old one to work because the new one doesn't have pan button!

Thanks anyway.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Great! Glad you were able to fix it the easy way.

Radar

Guest1 Guest

Thank you!

Would you happen to know what is wrong with the joystick as I am really used to it and love that particular brand and the fact it has a pan button.

Many thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Go to it's site, clean out the software you are now using for it and download the latest they have.
Yours could be older or corrupted.
Just a guess.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...