Adjusting the Pitch Trim ...

Pro Member Trainee
bsamson Trainee

Hello. I have yet another question. 🙂 Adjusting the Pitch Trim, how is it done? Let's say the airspeed is currently 80, and the trim is adjusted correctly to maintain that. Therefore producing level flight. Now if I manually adjust the speed and maintain that while adjusting the pitch wheel, I am not sure how far to adjust the wheel. Also, I do not understand the logic. You have Down(+) and Up(-). Also I noticed that there is a label ' <to '. I do not understand the logic at all. Could someone please be nice enough to help me out 🙂 I would appreciate it!

Best Regards,
Brian

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Well there is not any point (I don't think at least) in adjusting the trim if you don't have a force feedback joystick. What game controller are you using?

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

bsamson wrote:

Hello. I have yet another question. 🙂 Adjusting the Pitch Trim, how is it done? Let's say the airspeed is currently 80, and the trim is adjusted correctly to maintain that. Therefore producing level flight. Now if I manually adjust the speed and maintain that while adjusting the pitch wheel, I am not sure how far to adjust the wheel. Also, I do not understand the logic. You have Down(+) and Up(-). Also I noticed that there is a label ' <to '. I do not understand the logic at all. Could someone please be nice enough to help me out 🙂 I would appreciate it!

Best Regards,
Brian

Sounds like you may be flying the Cessna 172. The "TO" is the take off trim position. Not all planes have it marked. When
you change the speed of the airplane it takes a little time for the plane to stabilize. Until it does you will have to play with the
trim a little. There is no markings for the correct trim other than take off.

When you place the mouse above the "TO" position it shows a minus. That is correct. That is the way the trim adjustment
works. That is the way it is setup in a real airplane.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...