Best settings/configuration for FS9

Pro Member First Officer
mako (makonnenl) First Officer

Can you please educate me, what is the frame rate, its purpose and best setting ❓ do you set different frame rates for defferent planes ❓

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Framerate, to be technical, is how fast the screen refreshes/redraws the image of whatever is displayed. The faster the framerate, the smoother the game/movie. In FS9, you'll hear people say, "I leave mine at 20-25". Slap those people. Framerate is constant for the entire simulation. So if you set it to 30, it trys to stay at 30, no matter what aircraft you have.

Set, and leave it, at 30. If you have a higher end graphics card, I.E. Anything better than a NVidia FX5200 128MB, leave it at like 40. It'll look nice that way

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Is there some way to change the frame rate?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Get more RAM and better video card 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...