A340 autopilot trouble

Pro Member Trainee
nevralgico Trainee

Have a problem with A340-500 "lisbon sun".
When i set the autopilot it will only keep the wings level and not give me control to navigate...Can i just set it so that the autopilot will hold speed and altitude and let me go left and right during flight?
I tried to turn off wing level hold button but it just goes back on..
Pls help i'm a newbie...Ty

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Some airplanes you can turn the wing leveler off and some you can't. You may not be able to on the one you have. Try turning your heading hold knob to the heading of your course and adjust it when ever you pass a waypoint. Why won't it hold your navigation course for you?

Pro Member Trainee
nevralgico Trainee

ok..thank you
It does hold heading,i just didn't know why some planes let me turn and some don't.

Is there any way to change that??
I have some that let me do turns,can i add some sort of file to the folders of the ones that don't turn?

Thanks again..

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...