AFS A800 download

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

The following A340 800 download from this site would appear to be payware, but this is not indicated until the aircraft is downloaded.
**Virgin Atlantic, Lufthansa, and Qatar Air Airbus A380
Complete avionics and high textures virtual cockpit. Animated: Airbus wonderful Virgin Atlantic, Lufthansa (more blue) and Qatar Air, Pilots, Visor, sensors, mirror, emmisionseffects, landing gear and flaps, high textures **

Large black blocks are present at the sides of the a/c and they remain there during the flight. On enquiry I found out that it will cost 10 euros to get rid of these monstrosities.I believe that this should be indicated in the Flightsimulation download description.
There are complicated processes to have the proper sound and gauges files downloaded and installed.
Here are the blocks -
Click for larger pic

Is this going to be a future trend on FLYAWAY ?

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I sure hope not. But I come here for the forum not to download, so i'm not too bothered. Downloading an aircraft only to see big blocks would be rather disheartening however.

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

davec wrote:

Is this going to be a future trend on FLYAWAY ?

... The download of the day, or not so great add-ons? 🙄

I agree, that download didnt do anything for me either - it wasn't loaded and tested before it was added to the site. We'll be searching for a new A380 replacement that we can feature in the next newsletter.

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Thought that one must have slipped through flyaway - you can't filter all the bad ones - I don't mind paying for software but I prefer it through the front door 😂
I even paid for the clean version (fool that I am Crying or Very sad )but even then some of the VC display is all out of kilter.
I managed to find out which bmp files contained some of the black blocks but some are controlled by the mdl files and that is another story
I did have ideas about repainting it for Flyaway members but found some of the texture files were impossible to work with - let's put it down to the the cost of experience - you can't win them all.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...