taxing from gate

I was playing this morning and was leaving from Portland Intl (Kpdx) and asked the tower for runway, and it tells me what runway and what letters to look for, but how do i know which way the letters go. up till now I have beeen flying a Cessna from a small grass strip, so this is all confusing. please help

---
New to FS04

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I usually cheat by using "Progessive Taxi" 😂 Just bring up the ATC windo thingy and click on the option that says "Progressive Taxi". That should show you where to go.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

MS doesnt show any of the gate #'s on them. maybe if you get addon scenery they might show the #'s

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

It is good to look in an airport chart. This charts shows you every taxiway, runway, and gate inside the airport. It's a little hard to find them on internet. I am still looking for some.
Also, another alternative is to hit Ctrl + S. This gives you an aereal view. Press + and - to zoom in and out.

gazpode_l@yahoo.com Guest

I think that he can also bring up the areal map by pressing control ]
and can taxi this way!

Thanks all I will try those.

---
New to FS04

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...