Cockpit videos

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

There is an interesting TV series running (again) on Discovery Wings(UK/Europe) called Flight Deck
Each 1/2 hour show features a different aircraft from a Learjet to Concorde,from the pilot seat 😀

Also if you like this sort of thing ➡

http://www.justplanes.com/

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

The show is only in Europe/UK?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Im not realy sure,but as Discovery Wings is part of the mighty Discovery Network Im sure it would be on at some time on one of its channels

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

I think you have to have digital cable or satilite enorder to get the Discovery wings channel. I just have cable and I do not get it. 😞

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

It's a great series.... The 737-400 episode was on last night (with good old Captain Dave Henry, who's on about 3 of my DVDs!).

Pro Member First Officer

I didn't know there was a pure Discovery Wings channel just for airplanes. If this is true, I must order it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Discovery Wings ➡

UK

http://www.yourdiscovery.com/tv-schedule/?channel_code=TUUK-ENG

Rest Of The World ❓

The-GPS-Kid wrote:

It's a great series.... The 737-400 episode was on last night (with good old Captain Dave Henry, who's on about 3 of my DVDs!).

Hi there, which DVD's have you got where Capt Dave is in them?

I have the ITVV one, but would like to see more, as I think Capt Dave is an outstanding Captain.

Thanks!
Kevin.

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Cpt. Dave Henry is in the 737-400 Flight Deck programme and also the Leisure 767 ITVV DVD (that it sounds like you have), and he is also in another 'Airliner' programme (not DVD) that is quite old and appears on the TV every couple of years.

He is a legend - especially in the Leisure 767 ITVV DVD which in my opinion is the best ever cockpit DVD.

The traditional British aviation gent !

😉

Pro Member First Officer

Where do you guys see these DVD Cockpit Movies to buy on DVD? I have been wanting to buy some lately to watch sometimes.

Also, did anyone ever buy that Military Training DVD that was on TV a really long time ago?

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

Best sources for Cockpit DVDs:

www.itvv.com (based in UK but will ship out).

www.worldairroutes.com (based in US but will ship out).

The above are the two publishing houses. In other words, ITVV actually make the films (they are the best), so the web-site above only sells their own films.

Same with World Air Routes, they have a bigger variety but the films are a bit more amateur, based around someone sitting in a jump seat with a Camcorder. The ITVV use multiple fixed camera views.

Both are "internartional", the US based World Air Routes don't just release US cockpit DVDs, I have one by them that features FlyBe - a small regional airline in the UK. They also do lots' of European, Caribbean, etc, etc.

At https://www.simshack.net you can buy both ranges of the above.

(Based in Belgium but ship worldwide).

😉

Pro-Sim wrote:

Cpt. Dave Henry is in the 737-400 Flight Deck programme and also the Leisure 767 ITVV DVD (that it sounds like you have), and he is also in another 'Airliner' programme (not DVD) that is quite old and appears on the TV every couple of years.

He is a legend - especially in the Leisure 767 ITVV DVD which in my opinion is the best ever cockpit DVD.

The traditional British aviation gent !

😉

Indeed he is, I found this little interesting article about him on the Shelco website:

"David enjoyed a highly successful career spanning 28 years in the operations and flight management field of UK commercial aviation, and is Shelco’s Aviation Director. A Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society and Chairman of the Financial Advisory Committee of the Civil Aviation Authority, he joined Shelco in late 2001 after completing a 3-year assignment as Managing Director of Airtours International Airways. Previously he was Operations Director and Flight Ops Director for Leisure International Airways, Air UK (Leisure) Ltd and Air UK Ltd. He is one of the most respected pilots and senior airline executives in Europe, whose wealth of knowledge, contacts, skill and practical experience will be devoted to launching St Helena Airways, of which he has become Managing Director-designate."

I think its great that he has done extremely well in aviation, and very well deserved too!

Kevin.

Hi folks, glad to have found this little bit of info about Dave, I too think he's a brilliant Captain and also a really good host on the Leisure DVD. I've got one other ITVV dvd and it really serves to highlight just how good Dave is at explaining things, and the experience and expertees he has.

Long may his flying career continue!

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

S Censored t I got rid of DSwings a while ago cause they where showing the sam BS over and over and over again so I canceled it. Figures that NOW they would show stuff that is interesting 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Haha, thread is over a year old, how do you people find this stuff?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

Haha, thread is over a year old, how do you people find this stuff?

Considering that Guests cannot take advantage of the Flyaway Search tool I am wondering the same. I doubt that any visitor would turn back all those pages just to discover a topic of interest.

But... I don't know if you've noticed 12, often when you google for something FS-related, you end up in the Flyaway forums. You and most folks know more about Domain names or what might be at work here than I do.

As a 'hobby-conspiracy-theorist' I am still convinced that Howard Hughes made a deal with Google when he started the site.

REVENUE!!! 🙂)

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Discovery Wings is shown here in the United States. Seen it many a time but must qualify that by saying that the dedicated left seat shows are not known to me. Maybe just in the UK.

Ryan Sansome Guest

Flight Deck 737 - Part 1

Flight Deck 737 - Part 2

Flight Deck 737 - Part 3

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...