AvioGrasf A340-300

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Has anyone downloaded the Payware (download only) A340 from AvioGrasf, available on the banner fron this site, and also from www.simw.com ???

I'm tempted as it looks good but I don't want to waste the £££ if it's too similar to the fab PSS A340.

If anyone has this, please drop a post and let us know if it's any good !

😉

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain

Original Grunge - you not invested in this A340 yet ?

🙄

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

How did I know this question was aimed at me? =D

I recall in reading revews that it's not as functional as it seems, and that it had enough bugs to not be worthy of release as soon as it was. Granted I looked at it roughly a year ago, so things may have changed! I have a feeling though you'd be taking a very similar risk to the SSW, which we all know didn't work out well for you at all!

I thought a man of your calibre must have checked this out 😉 I'll give it a wide berth just now then. Good advice, always worth checking with other simmers before investing!

Have you picked up Airliner Pilot yet ? I have bought it but haven't tried it yet....

Pro Member Captain

That was me..... not logged in.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

The idea of FS passengers and Airliner Pilot havn't really thrilled me too much. Now that I'm flying with UVA, using the LDS for heavy flights and the PMDG + FS2Crew for domestic, I really don't feel the need to get something to help me make a career out of it.

UVA is very well regulated when it comes to hours, checkrides, training, and keeping your passengers in mind. They even offer a pseudo "pay scale" now based on points, including a salary based on your rank/equipment, and rewards/pentalties based on arrival times! On top of that, my domicile is now in the process of testing out a bid-system soon to be in effect for the airline as a whole.

Whatever UVA doesn't pick up in realism, LDS and PMDG + FS2Crew does!

For my next few purchases I'm actually turning my eyes to scenery, both domestic and foreign. Now that I've had a taste of super airports (world-airports 2), I can't seem to go back to the regular ones!

Pro Member Captain

I'm with you there.... I ordered Airliner Pilot weeks before the realease date and it came late last week and I haven't even taken it out of the wrapper, as it just doesn't excite me. You can replace the default planes with add-ons BUT they've made a big mistake as until you make the Captain grade you HAVE to fly the basic Dash 8 Panel (only basic functionality).... so I'm turned off by the thought of having to fly XX flights in this basic plane before using my proper add-ons.

It's a shame - I think it's a good idea that is flawed.... But as you said, if you fly for a Virtual Airline (I fly for Delta and Air Canada) you get most of the 'career' stuff anyway.

I'm also investing in some new Scenery, I have "Aerosoft Balearics & Gibralter" and it's fab scenery, so I have just ordered their version of the Canaries Islands and Madeira - ready for my planned month flying for Binter Canarias. (Check out binternet.com).

I also have world Airports II, as well as Lago Italy, and British Airports 1-5 - since I got the new Graphics Card I'm really getting into my scenery again 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...