Lost disc 4 - what to do?

Duffbus Guest

Finally got a newer computer to be able to play FS04 which I purchased some 16 months ago. I played it on my old PC which wasn't powerful enough so having waited nearly a year to play you can imagine my excitement. Opened the game case..............disc 4 is missing. Turned house upside down - no luck. AAAAGH!!!
Where is the best place to get a second hand FS04??

Answers 27 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

E-mail microsoft and ask for a new one. People I know have got various replacement disks from Microsoft so give it a go and let us know how you get on 😀

Duffbus Guest

Will send one now - I'll let you know the response.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

It amazes me the number of people that lose a CD from a four CD-ROM set. Am I odd that after taking a CD-ROM from the drive's tray I immediately place it back in its protected folder; and in the case of FS2004 then place that folder directly into the FS2004 tin can for safe keeping. I picture some users with stacks of unprotected CD-ROM programs piled up on their desks or spread about the room on chairs and the floor. 🙄 That's wild! 😳

Tip: If you've got a burner make some back ups of your CD programs.

michlin's $ 0.02

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

sometimes when you "lose" a cd, you have left it in a old CD-Rom drive. I must have did this once, then threw the drive away, as I never saw it again. But Microsoft is very understanding!! I called them and they sent me, air-overnight, and my fav word...F-R-E-E a new set. I believe the number I used was 1-800-360-7561...this was years ago...and I believe you will want to have your product key available...Good Luck, rob

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

michlin wrote:

Michlin, could you tell me how to make backup copies? I have a CD Burner, but I only know how to copy music CD's. Is there a special program you have to use?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

There are many ways and programms but a simple way is to use your burn programm to create a data cd.Its a sipmle choice in all kind of burn programms.In this data cd you can place anything you like.

Let us know if you want to be more specific to you.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Chris102 wrote:

michlin wrote:

Michlin, could you tell me how to make backup copies? I have a CD Burner, but I only know how to copy music CD's. Is there a special program you have to use?

Chris, I fortunately can copy disk to disk because I have two burners. You could use an ISO utility (See URL) which make an exact copy (image) of the contents of a CD-ROM in the form of an .ISO file. You would then burn that .ISO to a CD-R.

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/free-_iso-files.html While these are shareware, some or possibly all may have a trial period in which you could create your back up set.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have a friend that uses this for his backups.
I think you have to have a CD drive and a CD burner.
Use the trial download to see if it works for you.

http://www.alcohol-soft.com/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I m using Nero Burning and this programm gives you a lot of choises about how you can create a cd copy.There is no need to have two cd-roms in your pc(only one cd or dvd-writer).You can put the original one and the programm creats a temp file with a copy of its data.When this copy ends the programm asks you to put an empty cd in order to burn your new cd copy.

Try to download this :Nero 6 Ultra Edition 6.6.0.15 from the following link

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?qt=nero&tg=dl-20

If you have two cd-roms in your system(one simple and one writer)you can choose the choice ''copy on the fly '' and the programm creates an excact copy of your cd.

Buggerluggs Guest

Duffbus wrote:

Finally got a newer computer to be able to play FS04 which I purchased some 16 months ago. I played it on my old PC which wasn't powerful enough so having waited nearly a year to play you can imagine my excitement. Opened the game case..............disc 4 is missing. Turned house upside down - no luck. AAAAGH!!!
Where is the best place to get a second hand FS04??

It simply amazes me how many Censored like you there are! How come that everyone who 'loses' an FS9 disc automatically 'loses' disc 4?

What to do? Be more Censored careful, if infact you have 'lost' it, which I very much doubt!

Edits by Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Language now. There's no need to call people Censored it there Crying or Very sad

Edit by Radar

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

Michlin is exactly right ! If you want to make a exact copy of a CD, just find, download WinISO program. You can make a ISO image, then using Roxio EZ CD Creator, for one, choose "Make CD from Image." I do this all the time with BU's I make at work so I can burn extra copies for other techs.
Buggerluggs, this is a friendly site and I doubt you will still be here posting if you don't take your garbage attitude and put it where...well, you get the picture ! rob

Andy2005 Guest

Lost my disk 4 a long time ago. I just downloaded the no disc crack and problem solved. No hassle fiddling with disks either any more. 😀

Flight of Fancy Guest

I still have my disc 4, but on rare occaisions, my 2 year old son gets his mits on it, and it is beginning to show some signs of wear. I just downloaded the no disc fix, but it downloaded as a rar file, which my computer can't open for some reason. What do I open it with?
Cheers,
FoF

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Try this ➡

winRAR

Click on english and download. It's the same as winzip

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Flight of Fancy wrote:

I still have my disc 4, but on rare occaisions, my 2 year old son gets his mits on it, and ...
FoF

😕 Store 'em high.

Duffbus Guest

For those that are interested - Microsoft are very kindly sending a replacement. Should arrive within the next 2 weeks. Thanks very much for the advice.

For those that doubt my honest plight - It amazes me you bother to write such crap replies - obviously got nothing better to do. Yes what a fool I am for losing the disc and having paid good money for it - a pretty stupid thing to do but these things happen.

Buggerluggs: Are you always so rude??

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Duffbus wrote:

For those that are interested - Microsoft are very kindly sending a replacement. Should arrive within the next 2 weeks. Thanks very much for the advice.

For those that doubt my honest plight - It amazes me you bother to write such crap replies - obviously got nothing better to do. Yes what a fool I am for losing the disc and having paid good money for it - a pretty stupid thing to do but these things happen.

Buggerluggs: Are you always so rude??

If you look back at the posts on this thread all the members answers where helpfull (well done gang 😉 )

Its easy to loose or mis-place a disc

michlinwrote

I picture some users with stacks of unprotected CD-ROM programs piled up on their desks or spread about the room on chairs and the floor.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Not on any chairs but my desk sometimes looks like a cd factory Embarassed Embarassed Ermm... even now Embarassed Embarassed

Duffbus Guest

If you look back at the posts on this thread all the members answers where helpfull (well done gang 😉 )

A very valid point and thanks again for the responses. The job I do is very stressful and I have to be highly organised - When I get home that organisation goes out the window. If my wife had a pound for every time I said "have you seen my keys......."

Cheers folks - can't wait to get the cd!

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

tomthetank wrote:

michlinwrote

I picture some users with stacks of unprotected CD-ROM programs piled up on their desks or spread about the room on chairs and the floor.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Not on any chairs but my desk sometimes looks like a cd factory Embarassed Embarassed Ermm... even now Embarassed Embarassed

Triple T,
As long as they're protected in their protective sleeves. Yes Yes Yes Uh- huh!

mcsie Guest

When I upgraded my CD-Rom drive I think I through out the drive with disc 4 in it.

Now that everyone has had a good laugh can any body help me out ? Crying or Very sad

I used to have the drive dedicated just for the disc but I stupidly didn't empty the drive.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Same advice as already given. Contact MS for a replacement.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

mcsie wrote:

When I upgraded my CD-Rom drive I think I through out the drive with disc 4 in it.

Now that everyone has had a good laugh can any body help me out ? Crying or Very sad

I used to have the drive dedicated just for the disc but I stupidly didn't empty the drive.

CrashGordon is right, contact MS, they'll help.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326246

Radar

cheezy2k5 Guest

hi, ive lost disc 4 as well, just had to turn the house upside down to find the other three which were together, people said theve downloaded the crack veersions of the game or something, could somebody tell me what this mean and were i can get them

thnaks

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain
Maker00 Guest

michlin: Can you please send me links to the Disk 4 ISO? I have scratched my CD and it can not be read. My E-MAIL address is technicalchemical@hotmail.com

You can contact me on AIM at: MakerZeroFive

THANKS!!! 😀

Shewhaal Guest

Lost me cd4

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...