Open doors on aircraft

Pro Member Trainee
ATCTimmy Trainee

I'm not sure if this can be done on FS2004 or FS2002 but my friend did it once.
He tapped a key on keyboard and he was able to open and shut the doors of the plane he was taking off in.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

yep this can be done press

shift+E

On some aircraft who can also press

Shift+E+2

as well.

Let us know how you got on

Pro Member Trainee
ATCTimmy Trainee

Thanks that works perfectly.

?? Guest

hey....i had found that out by fluke today before reading this... but im wondering if you can get people that are inside the plane to like walk out of the doors... im reading everything i can on the kneeboard but no luck.. Banned Read

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Nope, sorry, no passengers. A couple of payware planes have virtual cabins you can walk through, a few others have airstairs, but no passengers!

As a tip, try changing the door button to something simply like "D". I Found having to do Shift+E+ some other number (for add-on planes with more than one door) a nuisance to do properly, but now D + some other number is very simple!

?? Guest

thanx for the advice 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Some aircraft have opening cargo doors 😀 (most of the IFDG models do)
You have to assign a key to it though to get it to work

IFDG (Now closed)downloadmain.php

Pro Member First Officer
lds_soldier First Officer

Every time I try to open a second door, I bring up the radio stack...what's going on?

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Since shift + 2 is a panel selection on most aircraft if you time it wrong it won't work. Simply change the door button to something like "d" as I suggested and it should work great.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...