sound - c-5 galaxy

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

hey i got a c-5 galaxy and i couldn't find a soundpack for it do i got a soundpack for a 747, but when i tried out the plane it would show the cockpit and then the screen would go black. does that mean the sound is not compatible? if it is does anyone know where i can get a real c-5 soundpack.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

I have the same problem I looked and looked but i couldn`t find one.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

There are several C-5 and C-5As available. Which one are you using?

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

its the alpha sim one

Pro Member Chief Captain

I see from their site there is an optional 23 MB sound pack for it, but I don't think I'm going to spend $30.00 just to be able to get at it.

If it is like other planes, you should be able to alias the sound to that of a similar plane. Though I doubt that some of the more interestinf sounds like opoening the nose will be available that way.

Nice looking plane, I must say. I have a number of freeware C-5s which do quite well, so I doubt I'll be buying this one.

From their web site:

New addition to the USA section - the C-5 Galaxy ! The famous giant airlifter has finally touched down at AlphaSim AFB. Features include: 3 texture sets, super-smooth contouring and a highly accurate model shape, an extreme high-detail and authentic flight deck with every switch and knob depicted and labelled, a highly authentic and fully functional 2D panel and accurate gauge set, many animations incl. opening nose and tail with 'kneeling' and castoring mainwheels, a C-5 soundset carefully matched to simulate the real thing, flight dynamics and checklist based on the actual C-5 manual with an optional 'advanced' flight model for discerning users which requires proper trimming and fuel management and finally, a user flight (.FLT) which takes you from Long Beach, CA to Baghdad, Iraq. See what we mean in this all-new promotional video (28MB. Note, crew figures have since been removed from v-c) : C-5
Promo ! For FS2004 only. Filesize 15MB, soundset is optional download (23MB). Price $30.00. Screenshots: , one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, cockpit 1 , cockpit 2 , cockpit 3 , cockpit 4 , cockpit 5 , panel 1, panel 2.

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

do you have any links to those freeware ones?

Pro Member Chief Captain

There is one on this site and I found one at http://www.planesimulation.com/fsdownloads4/FS4a1x43.htm

There are more but I'm still working on my link database. 🙄

I am sure there are several on fsfreeware.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...