OVERSPEED!!!

BRACE POSTIONS PLEASE Guest

Im fairly new to fs2004 and have got a question regarding the larger planes, i.e. 737, 747 etc...

I can take off and do all the checks after many weeks of reading tutorials and land (Fairly) safely although it is getting better and slowly learning about GPS, VOR's and the rest of it however when ever I fly one of the larger planes, i seem to get the box flash saying OVERSPEED

Now obviously I take it that Im flying to fast in some way? but what should be done in this situation as Ive tried decreasing the throttle but to no avail.

Can anyone help! (make me a better pilot) lol

Your replys are welcomed

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Brace,

I recently saw some posts here on Fly Away regarding your question. At least it sheds some light on the overspeed issue in general. My thought is plain in that an overspeed condition is just that. Try pulling back on the throttle until the condition subsides. Also when slowing you can hit the / key on your keyboard and it will deploy your speed brake which will aid in the slowdown.

-Here is the link to what was discussed. -Hope it helps you out.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/1008/overspeed/

Last edited by George (OrlandoGeorge) on Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Well, if the problem is showing up in the larger planes, turn off the auto-throttle so that you can pull back the throttle, and if you need a little more hit the "/" key to deploy spoilers to use as air-brakes.

The statistics for the jets given in FS9 is a little misleading. Just because it says a plane can fly at a certain speed, that doesn't mean you can set that speed into the AutoPilot and let it fly. When you head up to cruise altitude, you want to switch the indicator over to the "Mach" setting. Se that to around mach 0.80 (roughly) and you shouldn't have to worry about overspeeding!

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Haha, woops OrlandoGeorge, you posted as I was replying, so I missed the reference!

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

originalgrunge wrote:

Haha, woops OrlandoGeorge, you posted as I was replying, so I missed the reference!

((((BOOM)))) -We just posted at exactly the same instant there dude! 😎

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...