Cannot find that blasted fs9.cfg file!

Pro Member Trainee
Nate (XVII) Trainee

And I can view hidden files/folders...I searched and searched...can't find it ANYWHERE 😞

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Windows XP users the fs9.cfg file is now located in Drive_Letter:\Documents and Settings\User_Name\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9.
This is a hidden folder by default so you need to modify the folder options via the control panel: go to the view tab and check the "Show hidden files and folders" option

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Nate (XVII) Trainee

I did a search before posting on how to find a file and I did what you did, i still cannot find the file!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

ok try this

1, Click on start
2, click on search
3, type FS9 CFG

that will search your computer including Hidden folders as well

I'm at work at the moment so I'm working from memory on how to find the cfg file for FS9 if that doesn't work I'll find mine and show you in detail on how to find it

liono

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try this.

Double click the 'My Computer' Icon on your desktop

From the menu select 'Tools' > 'Folder Options'

In the new window which opens select the 'View' tab at the top

Look down the list for the heading 'Hidden files and folders'

Under that be sure to select the radio button 'Show hidden files and folders'

Click the 'Apply' button, then click the 'OK' button

Under 'Hard Disk Drives' back in the 'My Computer' window double click the one for C: (If it says they are hidden, click the link to show them)

Double click the 'Documents and Settings' folder

Double click the USER NAME you are logged into your system as

Double click the 'Application Data' folder

Double click the 'Microsoft' folder

Double click the 'FS9' folder

In the list of files you should see fs9.cfg, that is the file you are looking for.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Nate (XVII) Trainee

I'm sorry, I've tried everything, I do not have the file. Oddly though, i have a FS2000.cfg file.

[APL]
CACHE_WAV_FILES=1

That's all it says for that file

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Do as he said but you have to have the "hidden folders" options checked.
After you type it in, scroll down a little and click on "more advanced options", then put checks in the first 3 options, all search.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...