Captain Sim C-130 Is OUT!!!

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well the title speaks for itself. Well I'll be getting it on Sunday or Monday. What do you think of this amazing airplane?

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

WOW! 😳 It looks pretty amazing!

The screenshots are just awesome! And the Virtual Cockpit is great!

I'm downloading some videos right now...

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I have it. It is w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l!

At the same time, it gives you more switches to flip than you can imagine, it is easy to fly and land and is well behaved. The radar/TCAS works well and the A/P is easy to figure out. The 2D cockpit views are so good, you almost can do without the V/C. Visability and wing views are superb.

The sound is excellent. The engine smoke is good and there are even countermeasures for heat seeking missles. The cargo ramp and wheel chocks are all there and work.

They even improved the installation process which had been a pet peeve of mine with their 727. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

The Herc looks as life like as anything I have ever seen, next to the real thing.

This weekend will be my time to play with it.

If anyone has any questions about it, let me know. I have hundreds of hours in it.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Just flew it from Dar es Salaam, Tanzania to Cape Town, South Africa. This is one hell of a plane. I'll put some screen shots up (if they look okay).

Synopsis of flight:

Flight OAS444 End of flight report Date October 20 2005

Flight ID: OAS444
Pilot: CrashGordon
Company: OmegaAir Strategic
Aircraft: CS Legendary C130 1
Flight Date: October 20 2005
Departure: 06h01 (04h01 GMT)
Arrival: 10h41 (09h42 GMT)
To: FACT - Cape Town Intl - South Africa
Nbr of Passengers: 8

Report:

Flight Distance: 1,987 Nm Landing Speed: 101.93 kt
Time Airborne: 05h38:10 Landing Touchdown: -343.08 ft/m
Flight Time (block): 05h41:15 Landing Pitch: 7.51°
Time On Ground: 00h05:44 Landing Weight: 122217 lbs
Average Speed: 352.49 kt Total Fuel Used: 28623 lbs
Max. Altitude: 11003ft Fuel Not Used: 33623 lbs
Climb Time: 00h04:08 Climb Fuel Used: 653 lbs
Cruise Time: 05h22:36 Cruise Fuel Used: 27052 lbs
Average Cruise Speed: 360.36 kt (M0.55) Cruise fuel/hour: 5031 lbs (calc)
Descent Time: 00h11:26 Descent Fuel Used: 918 lbs

Passenger Opinion: Mostly uneventful apart from a few moments. (70%)
-Were in a better mood because they had food.
-Were irritated because they were hungry sometime during the flight.
-Were pleased by the music on ground. A very nice addition to their flying experience.

Financial Report:

Ticket Income: +$0 (1,987 Nm)
Cargo Income: +$39,316 (11792 lbs)
Services Income: +$73 (1 sandwich 1 hot food 0 drink)
Services Cost: -$38 (20% quality)
Fuel Cost: -$14,858 (28623 lbs Jet-A1)
Airport Taxes: -$175 (Large Aircraft)
Insurance Costs: -$2,552 (4.32% rate)
Penalty Costs: -$407 (see penalty points)
Total Real Income: $21,359
Total Income: $1,067,950 (real x50)
Fleet Bonus: $176,684 (8 aircraft)
Total Sim Income: $1,244,634 (total income+fleet bonus)

Company Reputation:

Considering that the flight was average the ticket price low, the service price good and the service quality bad, passengers on this flight think that your company's reputation should be 70%
Your company reputation is now: 65% (+0.45 increase)

Overall Flight Result: Average

Pilot Bonus points: 20 points (-30% because you used time acceleration)
· You landed at the scheduled airport. (+30)

Pilot's Penalty points: -111 points ($407 bill)
· All aircraft are prohibited to exceed 250Kts below 10000 ft AMSL; your speed was 37 Kts above this limit Our company received a fine of $408. (-111)

Pro Member First Officer

360 kts cruise??? I hope that's groundspeed with one hell of a tail wind. 360 far exceeds the max speed of the aircraft.

Try flying about 290 true...

Also, as a rule, you should plan to land with about 7,ooo lbs of fuel per AF regs. About 1.0 for STTO and 5.0 enroute should be a good estimate on what you'll need. No need taking extra fuel (weight) unless you are going to be filing an alternate because of the weather, expect icing, or thunderstorms.

It appears that you took off at over 184,000 lbs. That's WAY overweight. Empty E models are about 89,000 lbs. Add fuel and your max gross weight take-off is 175,000 lbs (155,000 lbs ideal).

Just a few fruits for thought 🙂

Other than that...looks cool!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Good analysis. I'd be skeptical of the numbers as far as speed is concerned, but I did the math and FS Passengers is within an acceptable margine of error.

I will pay more attention to these things.

Pro Member First Officer
john (verygom) First Officer

Having spent many, many hours learning the Plane Designs Lancaster bomber and managing to handle it fairly comfortably now I've given myself some more hours of studying and training!! I simply cannot resist any aircraft with 4 props so downloaded the 130 last night (I do n't know why it would only load at at 15kb/s instead of my normal speed - it took for ever!) - But am I a happy bunny 😀 😀 or what?
Oh Boy what a sim aircraft !
Just printed off the manuals - quite a library - it will be ages before I can consider myself competent on this one (probably hours before I get it off the ground in "true" fashion) Be prpared for questions Av8r77 and Crash Gordon!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Now that word is out, their servers are probably are probably feeling the load. Hence, the slow D/L speed.

While doing it by the book will obviously take some time to learn, the panels are so well done, you can fly it without any problem. I mention this because I remember a member of this forum who said hea had either a Level-D 767 or PMDG 737NG but didn't use it because he couldn't wrap his head around the FMC.

The Herk even allows you to use the A/P in conjunction with the FS GPS. Now, before folks say that isn't realistic, remember this. The model requires one person to do the work of three. There have been times I could have used six hands to fly a plane, but alas...only had four. 😂

Pro Member First Officer

Using the GPS isn't really that far outside of the real world.

The nav has a system that has an INS, GPS, and doppler. You can couple the autopilot to the system and the Nav's waypoints that are programmed in the system is what you will fly to.

The system uses the GPS and INS primarily for navigation and position updating.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Haha, excellent point! I'll remember that the next time I complain about some lacking detail!

After flying with FS2Crew for so long I got used to doing only the work of 1 pilot. Now when I jump in planes like the 744, I'm usually like "Heck, I don't want to do that! It's so not in my job description!"

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

could one of you guys with her tell me the download size. thanks.

Pro Member First Officer

Folder on my HD worked out @ 55MB + minor folders @ 60KB +/-.

I've spent 10 hours reading and training and I've not left the apron yet!
This is indeed some big bird Read Read Read Juggle Juggle

Pro Member First Officer

Sorry Jared - X information - see specs required at link below:-

http://www.captainsim.com/products/c130/sysreq.html

Pro Member Chief Captain

Jared wrote:

could one of you guys with her tell me the download size. thanks.

79MB

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Embarassed I should have read this post before asking up above which one had the flare effects. 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...