will it be good ?

Pro Member Trainee
NeoMorph Trainee

hi i just upgraded my pc can somone tell me if i will be able to max out my traffic and visual effects to high on this pc i allso use vfr photo scenery

p4 3.6HT 660
Geforce 6 6800 GT 256mb
150gb of ram
asus p5p800 mobo

thanks

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That sure looks like a screamer, it should handle the sim wide open.
If you have trouble with the textures rendering quickly it will need more ram.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
NeoMorph Trainee

so u whould recommend more ram my mobo can take 4gig and my p4 has 2mb on L2 what make of ram whould be best i have 3 sticks on 512mb kingston atm and i have 1 slot left so whould it be better to get a better make or get some more kingston

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Well, one thing, if you have 150GB of ram, you're set for freaking life man! I know you mean 1.5, but it's still darn funny to see. 😂

I would say maybe get 512 more, to set it to 2GB, I've got 2G, and so far, I've found multitasking to be a breeze, by that I mean playing Diablo 2, FS9, and surfing the web all at once. (in case you wonder, you CANT ALT+ENTER Diablo 2, I ALT+ENTER FS9, leave it, and play D2 while I wait, every now and then getting info from the net.)

Pro Member Trainee
NeoMorph Trainee

1.5gb Surprised do u recommend a make ?? or is kingston good

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Always stay with the same type, it's usually best if you buy it all at one time but Kingston is a good brand. I've used theirs many times.

If you try to get one more chip that is more powerful than the rest all it will do is force itself to run at the speed of the slowest of the bunch. In your case, the other three.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
NeoMorph Trainee

i was thinking of putting 512mb in each of my slots or 4 1gb sticks of samsung mem is samsung a good make as well ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I never used it, make sure you have a guarantee that will be backed up. If you get 4 gigs you'll be set for the next version and for Windows Vista, good move if you can do it.

Check out prices at www.crucial.com .

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

i can highly recommend Crucial Ballistix ram.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I use 3 sticks 1gb each,from Kingston and never had problems.Excellent products.
I agree with RadarMan the the best compination is to use the same manufacturer and the same number of gigabytes for each stick.
Although,in an older set up i used i have two 512 stick and one 256 and havent problems but im not suggest it.
Its obvious that i dont have to reffer to the ram clocks which must be the same.Maybe BIOS has the ability to automaticly set it up(or you can manualy set it) to the lower clock that on of your stick is working, but you have some other sticks that you have pay for more and dont get it. 😉

As about your systems specs i think that you will not have any problems running FS in a high level of settings.

😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...