Shut-Down engines Won't properly Restart....

Pro Member First Officer
Mason Gilliam (harleyman) First Officer

Many times after a flight I will pause the program and just turn off my monitor...That way I can come back later and be at the exazt place at the airport that I want to be....I like to go thru the whole shut down routine...Lights,mags,generators,engines....

Problem is that many times after a restart of engines they start up just fine,but as I begin to roll one engine will give no power so the plane will just want to go in a circle...All guages seem to be fine ...

So I bring up the throthe quadrant and check settings...On a twin,only one engine throttle will respond as I add power from my stick..Moving the dead throttle manually will give full power till I manualy back off power then again will not respond....Trying to shut down and restart the dean engine will not help...It acts as if it is permently feathered.... Hmmmm..Any suggestions....Is no big deal,but it dows spoil the realness for me to have to exit the game and find that someone has moved my plane from one place to another whilw I was in the terminal flirting with some Stu..........LOL......Thanks...See Ya....Maason

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Jim Glockner (jimmyglockner) Trainee

Just a thought. When I want to return to a flight exactly as I left it, I save the flight in "my saved flights" after pausing the flight. This way I can return to the flight exactly as I left it. This includes different positions at an airport.

Let me know how this works for you.

Happy flights.

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks...I have tried that many times...But they never reload properly...Always says the file is corrupt...Must be doing something wrong...... 😞

Pro Member Trainee

HarleyMan, yes, it is possible the save feature of your flght sim is malfunctioning. Maybe you will need to reload the software.

Are you are to save any flights at all and still be able to restart it from that position?

Happy Flying.

JimmyGlockner

Pro Member First Officer

No can do......

But I just discovered that I can pause the game,,,hit the Sleep button on my kewboard and that puts my puter to sleep...Once awoken,,there sits my plane,,paused,,ready to fly....

It may not be the best way ,,,but,,,IT WORKS.......YEA........*Does The Happy Dance*

Thanks Jimmy Glockner

Pro Member Trainee

harleyman, I wish I could be of more help to you. However, without being there to see what is actually happening on the screen, it is difficult to say exactly what is happening. I hope you can resolve the problem to your satisfaction soon.

Happy flying.

JimmyGlockner

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

try hitting E + 1&2 together. That should allow you to adjust both engines at once, instead of just one.

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks OG...I will give it a try........... 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

yeah sometimes when im landing a l-1011 an engine will giveand i tend to go into a stall then CRASH but when it does that its like a real crash no warning unsovled reson its spectacular for me and it makes flying funner

Pro Member First Officer
alohajoe First Officer

I do the same thing, pause it and turn off the screen. I to shut everything down. What i do for start up is push,CRTL\E on the keyboard which is the auto start. I've had this problem happen to me in one of Abacus's expansion packs. I restated the engine after and it worked fine. Hope same goes for you!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...