Other forums: Off Topic

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

Chris102

My Dream Came True

All day today, I heard helicopters flying overhead. President Bush is coming to town on Friday, and I thought it would just be some CH-47's transporting security. Well, on my way home, on the highway, there comes a loud helicopter sound. I look up, and th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
Jared

Do you read books?

Hi again. Well I love reading avaition books. Do any of you have avaition books that you read? Which ones do you think are interesting? I have a book called Boeing Aircraft Cutaways or something like that. It show all the Boeing plane and their cutaway pi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
Chris102

Air International Magazine

Would someone have the November 1999 issue of Air International Magazine? If you do and you are willing to part with it, I will pay you the cover price plus shipping and handling....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
crosscheck9

Defective keys on controller

For a while now, the view left, view top left, and view rear left buttons on my Logitech Freedom 2.4 cordless didn't respond in the sim, but when I went to caliberate it, it appeared like the keys were functional. Now, I came to fix it for once and for a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
crosscheck9

Interesting article

Astronomers are closing in on proof that a supermassive black hole is the source of mysterious radio waves at the center of our galaxy, the Milky Way. Black holes are objects whose gravitational pull is so strong that nothing, not even light, can escap...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
roger123 on
JarJarBinks

Synchronized lights

there was someone a few weeks ago that said the lights on planes were synchronized. I was driving to Atlanta and while we were going past the airport planes were at levels of only a few hundred ft. ( I COULD COUNT THE BOLTS ON IT) I noticed that the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
crosscheck9

What could be done

Hello all, Well, some of you may know that about 3 weeks ago, I started a topic regarding changes I could make to improve the sims performance. Well, I've been working on it since then, and here's what I've done. I went through Local Disk C...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Insight

Bonjour from Paris!

Hello chaps! I am in Paris for the rest of the week in this swanky hotel that has complimentary internet access in the lobby! Thought I would pop in and say hello and keep up while Becky is in the shower!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
Fire_Emblem_Master

SAD NEWS ABOUT HEINO

After 50 years of beautiful music, the great Heinz Georg-Kramm has announced that he is going to retire from the stage. This is very difficult for me to type, as even the legendary hard-ass FEM is finally crying seriously over something. If you don't ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
verygom

PayPal/Captain Sim dispute

Be aware that a dispute has developed between Paypal and Captain Sim which includes recent transactions for The legendary Herc -C130 - visit Captain Sim for details. Captain Sim are contacting their customers directly by e-mail but new purchasers beware....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
CrashGordon

[ Poll ] How many times did you take the Virtual Pilots Assoc test?

Here's a good one. How many times did you take the Virtual Pilots Assoc test before passing?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
atreyu

html

hey i have hosted a song and i want to put it on a website streaming, does anyone know what the code will be?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on
cv11

no-CD cracks

How exactly does one use the no-CD cracks? I am not familiar with the .rar extension...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bindolaf on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Go FEM Go!

Pary time! FEM got his letter of Acceptance to Aquinas College in Grand Rapids, MI, obviously near KGRR if anyone cares bout the airport. Anyway, I'm going to be majoring in either English/Creative Writing (As a side note, I am writing a short story about...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
CrashGordon

Daylight Saving Time

The US Congress, displaying its infinite capacity for stupidity, decided to change the dates for Daylight Saving Time starting in 2007. Does anyone have an idea how many computers will have to be upgraded due to this totally unnecessary law? Come to t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
verygom on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Could someone help me understand this noble sport

I'm curious about the game of Cricket. How is it played. It looks like baseball, but with a canoe paddle for a bat. Thanks a lot in advance for the info. Alex (FEM)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fire_Emblem_Master on
SteveT

Playstation Portable (PSP)

Hi there I have a PSP and was wondering if anyone else has. If anyone has heard of the game - Grand Theft Auto hen you will probably know that Grand Theft Auto:Liberty City Stories is coming out on the PSP this Friday - UK. Anyone else getting it....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
Chris102

Registry Cleaner

Does anyone know of a good Registry Cleaner that does not contain any spyware? I found a few through Google, but I don't know if they are safe....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Littleal100

Water landing

I need pratice with water landings but when i try to it just skids along and then sais crash??? any help??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Littleal100 on
Fire_Emblem_Master

Wobba

Dump me an e-mail please at ultimaterammstienfan@hotmail.com I have MSN messenger if you have that. Thankee! 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
OrlandoGeorge on
Asendeir

Runescape_Joining The Clan Called: The Iron Clad

Hi! If You Want To Join The Iron Clad Do This: Type If Your Going To Be A Mage/Ranger/Warior. 1st In Command Boss :Tim143 2nd In Command Ger :Nammai5 There Are Only 8th in Commands. Others Are Conlenels. 2 Gaurds For Tim143. 1 Messenger All Conle...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Asendeir on
jarred_01

Radio Scanner

Hi there, I am looking to getting into airband scanning, I was wondering if anyone here has a scanner, or knows much about them. My local airport is about 20 km (12 miles) from my house, that is by road, not sure about distance in a straight line t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jarred_01 on
crosscheck9

Spyware Adware Remover

Can anyone please direct me to a free Spyware/Adware Remover download. I think I have infected files and they've been causing me a few problems. Thanks for all of your help in advance....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Greekman72

Dat files conversion.

I have a problem and need your help. My mobile phone has crash today morning.(Drop by stairs)Unfortunately it cant be fixed(it doesnt worth the money)so i use an older one i already have. The point is that i had save all of my contacts in phones memor...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Fire_Emblem_Master

TWA Flight 800

Not to dig up old or sad memories. I've read this website's information, it seems credible, does anyone know if It's possible or not? http://www.twa800.com/index.htm...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
iMc

Real World: Lights Out In Cabin For Landing

This is not really anything to do with FS but it still relates to aviation. Anyways, last night i was travelling home from ALC (Alicante) to NCL (Newcastle) on a Thomas Cook Boeing 757-200 and for basically the entire flight it was pitch black outside....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Agus0404

Where's TTT?

I haven't seen him for a while. Did he go somewhere for vacations? :ermm:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Jared

Air Nav Live Flight Tracker

How many of you guys have it? I've owned it last year but never renewed my subscription. Does anyone have version 6? Can someone tell me if they really like it. Thanks a lot....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Jared on
Chris102

jetBlue Font

Does anyone know what the name of the JetBlue font is or if it's available for download?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
jarred_01

Question: Long haul Flights

Hey there, I have always wondered what pilots do while on long haul flights, apart from taking a rest? I mean do they just sit there and talk do each other, or do they read and do things like that? Thanks, Jarred 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jarred_01 on
Chris102

1000's Club

Well, I thought I'd make a seperate post to announce I have entered the 1000's Club! This is my 1000th post! :groupwave:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
Liono

What's on your desktop wallpaper?

Here's one for you all. What's your desktop wallpaper. Post image's if you want or not...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gazpode_l on
Insight

pictures of a Mosquito and B17

Hey guys, Don't know if I posted this link b4 but I got some pics from inside a B17 and a Mosquito (and got to sit in the pilot's seat of both 😀 my girlfriend + low top + guys in charge of stuff = me in the cockpit woohoo 🙂 I love my gf...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
Insight

IL2 / Pacific Fighters Movies

Hi Guys, I know there is probably limited interest in here but I would like to point you in the direction of an exceptional community of individuals who make movies using the game mentioned in the subject. Some of these movies are simply stunning - ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on
gazpode_l

(real aviation)Holding patterns

This morning, at around 7am BST, I was driving along the a414 heading east back to my hometown of Harlow after visiting a place called "ware" in hertfordshire. I glanced up to find two passenger planes seemingly flying in formation 😳 As i got...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gazpode_l on
atreyu

mcdonnell douglas

i heard that mcdonnell douglas (md-80 series and dc-9 series) don't have to have a pushback truck because since the engines are in the back it can just do reverse thrust to pushback, but not all airports allow it. has anyone else heard that or seen it? an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Insight on
Littleal100

Real black box recording....This is a MUST READ!!!

Here is a link. This is a websight with real black box recordings from real air disasters. WOW!!! :o :o :o Have a listen......Tell me what you think. If you have any problems with the link....contact me. 😛 😂 😎 http://...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
edr1073 on
Littleal100

Air Disaster Videos MUST READ

Here is a link. This is a websight with real video recordings from real air disasters. WOW!!! Have a view......Tell me what you think. If you have any problems with the link....contact me!! (THIS IS FOR LEARNING ONLY!!!!!) http://www.air...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
JarJarBinks

mistierious fire ball

a fire ball appeared over the atlantic coast alon florida and south GA (my home) the coast gaurd has no explanation for the fire ball...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
Chris102

Aviation Videos

Are there any websites out there that are like Flight Level 350, but with helicopter videos?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
AJWatson2209

Airfoce One DVD

Ok so i was watching the Airforce One film today and i have a little question about it. Towards the end when Mr President) takes to the cockpit to fly he askes one of the pilot people if he can fly the plane and he replys and says no sir, What does this g...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
SamIntel

VFR On Top

What is VFR On Top and how dose it work? Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on
Fire_Emblem_Master

You have NO idea how incredibly pissed I am!

OK, it's time for FEM to blow a little steam before he goes absolutely insane. You know the beautiful girl in my sig pic? OK, it was planned that I go down and see her for Homecomming week. Now, on damn monday, her dad decides I can't come for reasons unk...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
crosscheck9

Browser problems

I recently referred a girl in my school to a good program for downloading songs, called Bearshare. On my computer, this program works fine, but it's been giving her a few problems, and I wanted to see if anyone could help me. First off, when she downloa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
crosscheck9

Sad Article

http://www.newsday.co.tt/stories.php?article_id=28997...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
Chris102

HMX-1 Art

Would someone recgonize who the artist of this painting is? I was interested in purchasing a print of it. Sorry the picture is very large size of the photo. You can see the Marines holding the painting in the photo. https://www.hmx-1.usmc.mil/55An/Banq...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
Chris102

VATSIM

Could someone tell me how to use VATSIM? I'm registered, but I don't know how to connect to the server....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chris102 on
Greekman72

Do you read books???

Are we readers except of simmers?The books is the best way to make our imagination running,create pictures which are unique from all of us... A book is the best method for helping us to make our minds sharper and also making us feel free... I was wond...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
crosscheck9

Short Distance - Long Flight

I have a question, to which I can't find an answer. From Bahrain Intl to King Fahd Intl, it's only about 46nm, or sumthin around that. What I don't understand, is why the flight takes 35 minutes. I went to www.saudiairlines.com then I went on as if bo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
originalgrunge on
OrlandoGeorge

Jet Blue Flight #292 lands with crooked nose gear!

What did you guys think about that pilot's skill level in landing at Los Angeles with a nose wheel 90 degrees out of alignment!!?? -I am a Boeing fan but this Airbus looked darn good and really well engineered to stand such forces. A fine and sturdy Euro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
OrlandoGeorge on
Page 25 of 26