Other forums: Off Topic

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

chlorinekid

[ Poll ] Do you read aircraft magazines?

Does anyone regularly read / subscribe to any aircraft magazines? If so, which ones??...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
spitfiresrule on
KurtPStevens

Aces High II

I have recently gotten into Aces High II ( www.flyaceshigh.com ) to work off some aggression. Has anyone else out there tried it? What do you think?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
hinch

a380 in the UK

if you have sky or digital put bbc news 24 on and push that red button. there's a neat 10min or so feature on the a380 where you get to see the simulator (news man actually flies it while interviewing) and he walks around the inside of the real thing show...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
Greekman72

Lining up with the Runway(VIDEO)

Have fun... 😉 http://www.sendspace.com/file/swq469...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oreo005 on
davidmac1

[ Poll ] Chanpions League final tommorow

It's the champions League Final tomorrow, who do you think will win? personally i think it will be a 2-0 victory for arsenal...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davidmac1 on
pilotwannabe

A380 coming to Heathrow....at last!!!

Airbus have confirmed that the Airbus A380 will be coming to heathrow on Thursday May 18, to perform ground taxiway and airport calibration work. YES!!!!! 😉 🙂)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
Oberkomando

X-51

The Air Force Research Laboratory's X-51 Scramjet-Waverider is being built by Pratt & Whitney and Boeing. This scramjet demonstrator is to fly by 2009 at target speeds close to Mach 7. Ground tests of the X-51A will begin late 2006. The X-51A is a descend...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
Insight

How to build an A380 in 7 minutes

Doesn't float my boat at all but thought some of you lot would enjoy this: (dead link removed)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
SamIntel

SpyWare

I'm looking for a GOOD, but free spyware protection tool. All I have is Microsoft Anit Spyware, but it doesn't seem to be getting things off that seem to be on my PC....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SamIntel on
davidmac1

music rivals

A good fun thing to do is go to www.musicrivals.com and sign up. You manage a band from everything to their genre to type of cd they release. its quite good. you have to build up your cash and reputation. to help build my bands reputation please...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
RadarMan

20 Questions About Windows Vista

20 Questions About Windows Vista This will answer most of the questions about Windows Vista as it now stands. http://www.crn.com/nl/crndailynews/showArticle.jhtml?articleId=187202949 :radar:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
Oberkomando

How can i improve my fs9 graphics?

Hi everyone, i was wondering if thre was an add-on for fs9, that makes it look better than before. Thanks. 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
pilotwannabe

Quick question...

Hey I'm doing this quiz need your help, the question is.... If on Tuesday, the temperature is exactly 0 degrees celcius and then on Wednesday the temperature doubles, what is the temperature on Wednesday?? I think this question is ridiculous, any...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
hms_endeavour

Training Like a maniac-might get to win

Hi, I might not be here as much as before,as I'm training for a game contest in my nearest pc shop.Unfortunatly,no it's not fs9.It's TrackMania Nations.I downloaded the exact version that we'll use,and I'm gonna train like a maniac. First place get's 20...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
Oberkomando

First mach man...

I just heard (On T.V.) that the first man that broke the speed of sound was "Geroge Welch", he did this a weak before the X-1 flight, and he was flying an XP-86. He did this flight over the desert and falling from the sky to reach the speed of 1224 km/h, ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
PanAmerican

Southwest goin' International?

Take a look: http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/business/14517010.htm Personally, I don't think SWA should go INTL. They are fitted more for domestic operations then INTL. ATA (SWA's partner) should handle the INTL routes....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SeanGa on
PanAmerican

ANZ 787 update

Just got this from Boeing: Boeing to Deliver first 787-9 to Air New Zealand May 11, 2006 -- The Boeing Company will deliver the first 787-9 Dreamliner to Air New Zealand in December 2010. Boeing and ANZ, along with engine-maker Rolls-Royce, held a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
amermel on
crosscheck9

I'm home

Well, after the long trip to Trang Thailand, with millions of connections back an forth, I'm finally back home. Everything went well, and we travelled on Qatar Airways' a330-200 on from Doha to Bangkok, the long legs. All went well, beautiful Thai Scene...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
antone

Themed ATC

This is a (not too serious) thought I had about MSFS. Wouldn't it be much more fun if the default ATC could be changed? Examples: Nasty ATC: Controller: "Well, you fubared that landing alright. Contact ground on 123.45 if you think you have even ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
antone on
pilotwannabe

*NEW* Worldairroutes DVD

Just planes have just released their latest DVD....Westjet B737-700 😉... Westjet B737-700 😀 😀 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
Wing-man

Stopped Engine Aerobatics Video

You have to watch all of this video to appreciate the pilot skills of Bob Hoover. Enjoy 😉 http://youtube.com/watch?v=9ZBcapxGHjE&search=aviation%20aerobatics...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on

Online Atc games

Hey everyone, Check this game out its really good and challenging. I've been playing it everytime i've been free Enjoy it http://www.atc-sim.com/...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Oberkomando

FS9 requirements...

I am having a new PC, so i was thinking if you guys know what is best a Laptop or a desk one?. And if you can tell me the specifications of your PC, so i can have an idea of the aspects of the new pc i am going to but. Is it ok 2.2 Ghz 80 Gb hard drive ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
Faucett

anti-virus conflict

Way off topic... I don't know if anybody will have an idea about this, but I'm running a quite recent Norton antivirus package, and its particular user sesion application - "ccapp.exe" is causing me to freeze on shutdown, and sometimes worse. Has an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
Oberkomando

Large Helicopter Discussion

Antonov An-72 https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/14906/large-helicopter-discussion_3b4b8e58b0efdf56c2eda946f19a84e3.jpg Can any one tell me what helicopter is this? (the carrier one). 😕 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oreo005 on
amermel

[ Poll ] Favorite Airline

I'm sure someone has done this before. What is your favorite airline?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davidmac1 on
Oberkomando

Combat Add-ons for FS2004?

Hi guys, i waswondering if there is an add-on of combat for the fs2004?, And wich add-ons are most usuall for the flight sim?. Thanks. 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
hms_endeavour

The 20 best excuses to continue gaming...

1)If one doesn't occupy windows,it starts thinking of new problems. 2)The flatrate is so expensive,I gotta play a long time so that it's worth it. 3)I need to conquer the world,so that we'll all have better times. 4)I'm not on the pc,that must be...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
Erdling

How to transmit radio messages

Hi there, I have a question concerning real-life-aviation (I hope it's OK to post it here...): How do pilots transmit their radio messages? Ahm, I mean, you usually have to push a button to broadcast something on a radio, but where is that button in an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Don Wood on
davidmac1

How do you upload images

how do you upload images onto flyaway...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
davidmac1 on
CrashGordon

United 93

I'll be off to see the movie United 93 shortly. I'll have a review when I get back....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
tomthetank

UKs largest crane

The UKs largest crane is coming to town and will arrive in Newport aboard 48 lorries :fear: (thats going to mess up my trip to and from work 🙄 ) The crane will be used to help in the completion of a footbridge across the river Usk Trying to find...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Oberkomando

New russian shuttle?

Well i was looking for russian Buran shuttles , an i got this picture of a new shuttle, smaller, capable of transporting 6 persons and 700 kg of equipement. And that the proposal was made to ESA and Japan space agency to join the russian space program, b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
Wing-man

Aviation Artist

Have you ever heard of an Australian artist called Nikyla Amanda Smith ? I've been looking at some of her work, what a talent she has. Some of her paintings and gallery can be seen here.......... http://www.nikylasmith.com/aviation%20gallery.htm And h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
Sico2

Anyone heard about chemtrails?

Ok, I'm not being paranoid guys, but can you explain me these below? Is it normal? What are these plains dumping? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
Greekman72

***Fix Windows XP***

Some usufel tips and infos about Windows XP can be found here ➡ http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotwannabe on
jeffb57

south pacific earthquake

just saw something about this on the news. it said those on the coast of nz and fiji should brace for a possible tsunami. just a warning...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
pilotwannabe

Stupid question...

Bit of a stupid question. Why do planes take off and land into the wind. Surely if they did this with the wind behind them, they would need less thrust and therefore save fuel and engine ware?? 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sico2 on
Sphagnum1

Emergency landing in 15 mins in Houston, missing tire

http://www.click2houston.com/news/9149400/detail.html...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NoWorries on
Liono

username's

This could be interesting. How did you come about choosing your username. I choose Liono because I loved the Thundercats when I was little and I still do 20yrs later...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jelami on
pilotguy44

my car...

hey everyone.. i drive a 1994 Toyota Camry, and considering that it has over 140,000 miles on it, it's in decent shape, and very clean on the inside. however.. the past month or so, the car has been shaking... sometimes violently. it seems that it shak...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pilotguy44 on
99jolegg

Operation Thunderbolt - Game

Quite a fun F/A-18 Hornet game: http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/mediaUpload/Games/OperationThunderbolt/index.asp I can't remember whether it has been posted before, so sorry if it has. It takes a while to load 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Oberkomando

Vactions Destinations!!

I thought that as summer vacations are coming, it would be cool to know were we all are going to... So i am going to Argentina on July, i think i can get some pics for u all, specialy because i will use Latin American airliners to go to. Thanks. see you...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Agus0404 on
pilotwannabe

New CRJ-700 DVD

World Air Routes have just released their new Styrian Spirit CRJ-700 DVD... http://www.worldairroutes.com/Styrian2.html 😉...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
amermel

When is a computer too old to upgrade to XP?

As I stated earlier when is a computer too old to upgrade to XP? I currently have WIN 98 and my computer is about 7 years old. Also what are the min. system requirements for XP?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
amermel on
pilotwannabe

Longest flight...

What is the longest flight you have been on both in real life and in the sim. For me, my longest flight was from Gatwich to Orlando, about 7 and a half hours. (Real life) In the sim, I took my longest flight just a couple of days ago from Gatwick to...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jarred_01 on
PanAmerican

Aviation Stories

If you or any of your family members have a story about aviation, why not post it below. I've got two from when my dad worked at Pan Am. 1. Takeoff Too Early "I was cleared for takeoff at 7:58am. But there is a curfue that aircraft cannot takeoff ove...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NoWorries on
Oberkomando

New B-737-700ER

Hi, can any one tell me more abou it. I´ve read an article abou it but no quiet complete. Thanks 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Oberkomando on
antone

Best and worst airports

This is a question inspired by the columns of Patrick Smith (see my other post - "Aviation Writer"). Out in the real world, what are your favourite and least favourite airports (from a passenger POV, not a pilot's) and why? The reason could be convenien...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
oreo005 on
Wing-man

It's My Birthday

It's my birthday today 😀 my missus has even bought me the Saitek X52 😂 .The beers are on me folks. 🍻 🍻 🍻...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Wing-man on
Page 19 of 26