Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

DoubleBounce

I was on the fence until ----

I was on the fense until I went to gamespot and saw ther collection of 140 screenshots of FSX. http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/microsoftflightsimulatorx/screenindex.html I have already spent more than the cost of FSX Deluxe trying to get accurate ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
snowman01

Saitek X52 controler profile

Hey guys. Just got the game and X52 fight joystick. Anybody have a profile for the game and controler. thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
DoubleBounce

I need some purchase advice ( was flying in the big bend )

This is a repost because I did not receove any answers to my first post. Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:52 pm Post subject: Flying in the Big Bend. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Could someon...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DoubleBounce on
Zerpa

IFR Flight Plan

Is there a way to skip waypoints in an IFR flight plan with the ATC, or create a flight plan from your current location and file it with the ATC? I filed a flight from Honolulu to Kansai Intl through jet airways, but the first the legs were at such ang...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
NSX

I just RE-installed the best flight simulator

I've trown FSX in the corner next to my savings money for a new PC. Then re-installed FS2004 and now I'm enjoying super fast loading times, superb graphics and so on. And I recommend the people who have a system that just matches the requirements to s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hcomspam12 on
alastairg100

FSX Wont start

I have been playing FSX for about 2-3 weeks fine, ok it jolts abit, slow loading up but i can get over that. However i came to it today, and it just loaded up the load window, and stayed there. When I did a Ctrl + Alt + Delete, it said that FSX wasnt resp...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Scream on
captainsimon

Urgent ILS Landing Problem

Posted this a few weeks back but stillo have the same problem. A few times whilst landing the B737 (ILS) the plane turns to rwy heading and then the AP turns off the ALT Hold then instead of the plane making its decent down toward the runway the nose l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Frag on
Alex The Great

Tokyo Executive Transport, keep failing mission

Ok, i have tried 'Tokyo Executive Transport' many times, but failed due to 'losing' the Challenger Jet (even though i can still see it), most recently i got up to the point that there is a speeding Jet Boat in the water, and the Challenger is flying at ab...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Alex The Guest on
skypilot2

Deploying spped brakes

OK. I give up. How does one deploy the speed brakes on a Mooney? For that matter, how many prop planes even have speed brakes. Are we talking about prop pitch?? I know about spoilers on jets, but speed brakes on a prop airplane? Are we talking slip and fu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
airbourne

fsx Config

I downloaded this FSX config , but im notsure where to put it do i put it in the config file in fsX , but there dost seam to be any cfg files what say config to overwhite with in that folder...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
airbourne on

Loop to Loop in a C172

I have managed to do loop to loops in a C172 and it was fun 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
DoubleBounce on
Edfen

747 Missions

Whenever I select to fly a 747 mission, the mission starts but there is no flight control with either the joystick or key board. Tried Microsofts Force Feedback 2 and Saitek's EVO Force. With other missions, everything works just fine. Microsoft was no he...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Elite0259 on
skypilot2

African Relief Mission ???

I get to Katale and land OK. I taxi to the waiting car on west side of strip to unload cargo. Nothing. I shut engines down and open door. Nothing. How the hell do ya unload cargo or am I not at the right spot. I went over to the tent area and nothing. Hel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Running on
Sno0ze

Anyone else??

Just wondering if anyone else found saying the phonetic alphabet online embarrassing lol.. 😂 ~Sno0ze...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NewsLover on
hennies1

FS x icons 9photos) on learners menu disapear

Hi My icons on display for learning (Photos disapear and only a block display. No photos for scenery, radios, ec Please help Sent info to hennies@mailbox.co.za Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hennies1 on
bubba68ss

i have a major problem

just recently my computer started crashing when flying. it usually happens when i am on takeoff and am rotating. The screen goes black and kind of flashy and up pops a Blue Screen with error in white text saying something like "dumping physical memory......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bubba68ss on

Should I get flight simulatorx for christmas?is it worth it?

Should I get Flight simulator x for Christmas? is it that different from Flight simulator 2004? I need some suggestions, pros and cons, please. 😀 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
Zebraone

Garmin 1000 panel - FSX

The operating instruction say to switch between NAV 1 & NAV 2 and COM 1 & COM 2 frequency selection, push the selector knob, or toggle shift+n. Neither of these work. The G-1000 is alway stuck on NAV & COM 1. Anybody know a fix? ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Zebraone on
VonKyrin

Can't land a King Air 350

I am having trouble landing the King Air 350, and would appreciate some advice. I had some problems getting FS-X to run right in the first place, but I’ll discuss that in a minute. Suffice it to say that the problem is somewhat related to using the M...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
skypilot2

FPS question

❓ How does one check the frames per second on the fsx game. I just can't seem to figure out how to do that. I am no where close to being a pc guru. I know just enough to get in trouble LOL...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
skypilot2 on
captainsimon

Anti Ice Question

On the 737-800 can anyone please tell me when the following should be used: eng anti ice Wing anti ice Pitot ice Thanks in advance...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Micah on
fuchsias

eurowings problems with fsx

does anyone know if eurowings professional for fs2002 & 2004 is compatable with fsx. i can install without any problems, it seems, but cannot find it when i load fsx. thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
rpintonovo

Problems With NVidia GeForce5500

Hello to All! I have a Pentium 4 2.8GHz with 512MBytes RAM. A soltek board and a NVidia GeForce 5500 256MBytes and when I start my official FSX the information that appears is: "Fsx is not compatible with your video card or you don't have the latest...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
kbohme

Effect of head tracking on frame rate ?

hey, I fly exclusively in virtual cockpit. I was looking at the trackir website and it looks like just the thing for me. I use a yoke and was wondering if anyone has the trackir and can tell me if it has a huge effect on fps ? thanks in advance ԅ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
airbourne

airport trucks

For the last 1 and a half month iv been doing anythink to get the baggage truck to arive but its just not happning , iv opend cargo doors open all doors parking brake on i dunno what elce to do , can someone help me please , thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Gommy on
flyawayair

cant connect

This is really starting to tick me off. Ever since I got FSX and tried online play it says "unable to connect" It sounds like it started to work for u guys but I try it every day and it never works. Made new accounts turned of firewall **** every...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
delivery_guy on
FLY_Boy2006

Two questions

One is, has anybody found away to select the trim for take off in almost all the scenarios. I find that all of them have severe nose down on take off and I can't seem to find a fix. This issue has been part of FLightSim since away back. In FS X, is the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kbohme on
colinm

Bombardier CRJ700 Line up ILS to runway heading

When coming in for a landing using ILS how do you turn the needle so it's pointing to the runway on your compass. I used to use the OBS knob but I don't see anyway to do that on the CRJ700....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
djay08

Virtual Memory with FSX

I have a Dell Dimension 8250 with an Intel Pentium 4 processor at 2.53GHz. I also have 850 Megs of Ram. When flying the simulator with med-high scenery settings I am getting a message that says my virtual memory is too low. Does anyone have an idea how...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
djay08 on
Bullitt06

Install Interrupted disk 2

Near the end of the install on disk 2 during "Publishing Information" I get this messege: "the wizard was interupted before microsoft flight sim x could be completely installed.the system has not been modified" I usually close all applications to ins...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Bullitt06 on
flyboy X 12284

How do u open cargo doors on your plane???

For the longest time ive been trying to open all the cargo doors on the airliners but i just cant find the key.... Can anyone please tell me what the key is?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sno0ze on
Llain

menu option

How do you turn off the menu option that appear at the top of the screen after you use the ALT key. I tried the alt key again and using the right mouse button but it does not work any ideas!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Llain on
flyboy X 12284

Darn parking brake!!

every time i click free flight and then fly now... the plane always starts without the brakes on and moving forward a little. does anyone know how to start the flight with parking brakes on?! please help...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NSX on
flypro X 13352

BRAKES!

Ok i own FSX deluxe and when i click free flight, my plane automatically starts off by rolling whether im at the gate or runway. so then i have to put parking brake and then the plane stops. is there any way to start of w/ parking brake on like in FS9? do...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on

Backing Up Files on FSX

Hi new to FSX I'm after a little help explaining just where the exact files and folders are that need to be backed up that contain all my settings/data along with my mission progress for safe keeping. So if someone could point out the locations of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
airbourne

fs9 aircrafts on FSX, fsX aircrafts on fs9

First do fs9 Aircraft now work on fsX? and do fsX aircraft work on fs9...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Concorde105 on
Running

Playing the ATC controller in single player mode.

When I first ran FSX I was missing the option to play ATC in single player mode. Yesterday I was in the tower during a multiplayer game and the host ended the session. The popup box appeared asking me if I wanted to continue "flying". I selected yes. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dyad on
Mr-sony

the second dvd fsx

i got fsx couple days ago. but i dont know why my computer cant complete the installation when i insert the second dvd , it keep saying insert cd 2 ! ... can someone help me with that plz...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Llain on
MRGPS

expediate your decent and slow to 185 knots!!

Hi Guys, I am frustrated. Just trying the landing mission in FSx in St . marteen. I am expected to decend from 7000 to 3000 while slowing to 180 from 250. Even with power at idle, the plane increases speed once i nose down. How can you slow down...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jhausner on

multiplayer

to talk on multiplayer do yuo have to hold a button down?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bubba68ss on
hkconcorde

Some FSX ATC problem

When i start a new IFR flight plan, i first make the IFR clearance to ATC. ATC will answer me what attitude,departure frequency and a code. I readback to ATC. Then ATC have no respond to me. In ATC message box, There are no any choice for me to choo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Matt001 on
NSX

Hard landing...

Don't know if this one has been posted before but here goes: http://youtube.com/watch?v=x9deMKE-iek&mode=related&search= Look how it bends 😳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Alex The Great on

Multiplayer talk On Flight Simultor Deluxe

When you tolk over a mic, do you have to hold down a button to be heard? Please post. 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Murfi on
mikey39

why o why cant I fly FSX

It seems unfair to me that microsoft make such a fun simulator and put what must be a huge amount of work into it only to find not many people can run it.On the up side for them I think that their already huge bank account will get much larger with all th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GoodisonBlue on

How do you control the float plane?

Hey guys and gals.... I'm not new to FS but I am to the float plane. I know you can use the rudder but it does not work well. Is there a reverse thrust type of thing? In one of the missions you need to pick up a guy from the dock. The problem is it is...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
B2Fan on
c2fargon

CAN I LOAD FSX WITHOUT A DVD

I picked up FS today, read all the system req's, but when I opened the box, it says I have to load with a DVD only and that a stand alone CD-ROM will not work. Man is that a crazy thing, why did they not put that on the outside of the box. Sure hate to bu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
djcevera

will a full hard drive affect speed of fsx?

running intel pentium 4 3.06ghz 1gb ram nvidea geforce fx go5200 32mb video card only have 2.19 gb free on my hard drive would such a low amount effect the lag or graphics in fsx or is my system not good enough......

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VonKyrin on

Little question

Hi everybody 😀 I have this little question: You probrably know that voice in modern aircrafts which says right before you land: "50... 40.. 30.. 20.. 10" Do you know what it is called? and can you use it in FSX? 🙂 Just a detai...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on
Spoty101

Overclocking CPU

how much can u overclock ur CPU without burning it with default heatsink and fan I have an AMD 64-bit 2.01GHz Athlon processor (single core) rated at 3.2GHz, I want to overclock it to 3.6GHz any ideas how? Also is it possible to overclock the graphics car...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RandomGuest on
maciekish

Piper Cherokee

Hi! Is there a Piper PA-28 included in FSX? There is a folder called something like Pa-28 in my SimObjects folder but the only piper i can see in FSX is the old "Cub". Am i missing something? I have the deluxe version. Cheers MS...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
maciekish on
Page 58 of 66