Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

AnthonyG

FS2004 and FSX on the same machine?

Does anyone know if you can run FS2004 and FSX on the same computer. I wanna put FS2004 back on purely to fly concorde, and I don't wanna uninstall FSX as I have it set up in just the way I like! Are there any conflicts of files that anyone knows of? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on

FS-X crashing

Apologies if this issue has already been discussed here, but searching hasn't produced much in the way of help so here's my issue: Very frequently, FS-X terminates when 99% loading is complete (just after loading air and see traffic, I believe). The u...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Tellure landing how to complete????

OK after I try like 6 times to land that learjet at tellure, I finally did it , I manage to taxi close to the limo and shutdown the airplane,, the females copilot last said,,"park here" and thats it,, what else did I had to do? I didnt got credit for the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bunger on

Please post 'virgin' FSX.CFG file

Can someone please post a 'fresh install' FSX.CFG file? I've looked and looked (and 'shown hidden files and directories' etc and done the search) and it just isn't there. I've done three seperate installs (don't ask) and this file does not exist for me an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Micah

FSX - adult rating maybe?

Just a thought, But i think they should have put a 18 certificate on FSX, no, not because it is extremely violent, graphic, rude etc, but just so that we could limit it to people that at least show a certain level of maturity on here and get rid of all...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Matt001 on
bawns

BAGAGE TRUCK MOVING TOWARDS PLANE

CAN SOME ONE TELL ME HOW TO GET THE BAGAGE TRUCK TO MOVE TOWARDS THE PLANE AND UNLOAD AND LOAD fsx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Martyrb

Is it my ATI card or settings? Why don't I get distant haze

I can't seem to be able to get the nice distance effect - haze near the horizon.. It seemed to work in 2000. Is it my graphics card.. I have a ATI Radeon 9200 at 128.. Any ideas.. I would love to get those nice screen shots.....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Murfi

Jetways: Doors have to be open or closed?

I bet you have all read messages like this but I have searched the forum and I cannot find a post that solves my problem. Which is pretty straight foward, they won't connect! Do my doors have to be opened or closed before I use the keyboard command whi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
CrashGordon

fsx.cfg

I don't think anyone whas posted one. It is a bit long. A lot of these things are familiar, most can be guessed at, but some are mysteries. If anyone has seen documentation for these settings, it would be helpful to post a link. AmbientUIMusic...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
graham05

Modules folder

hello dose anyone know were the Modules folder is in fsx... or know were i put all my .dll's... ❓ ❓ please help i need to know as soon as possible.... thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
bayley

Can't decend, someone help!!!

hey my problem is as follows all my aircraft fly with unrealistic climb and glide performance, in a BIG way, ok starting small and getting big; in a Cessna 172 doing a circuit - i reach 1000ft before the end of the runway - i have trouble maintain...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
mat3329

Problem Installing Deluxe after uninstalling Regular

I have traded my Regular FSX for the Deluxe one. The problem started when I uninstalled regular, it would give me an error and wouldn't uninstal, so I went and deleted all the files that had to do with FSX. I even ran a system search to make sure nothing ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
captainsimon

Quick ATC Question

When I request my IFR flight form the controller at smaller airports the controller says clearence void 30 minutes from now. What does it mean, and what do i have to do? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
graham05

plane and glider

hello i want to know how to have a plane toe u in the glider... i have seen a pic of it but i want to know how????????????????...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
andymil

does your nose rise when you take off on fsx?

hi guys, this is a really weird one. I have just installed fsx and on take off in a B747-400 the nose raises right up when i hit F4 to open the throttles, so much so that i could see the runway and how far from the end of it i was. is this meant to hap...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
MRJLaunch

FPS Comparison

Can people try this config for FSX on their PC and post their average Frames Per Second. I'll go first: Average FPS: 8.5 (8.0 - 9.0) CPU: Intel 3.4GHz P4 550 GPU: GeForce 6600GT RAM: 2x512MB TwinX Corsair 2-2-2-5 DDRI Overclocked: No Here’s h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
ebgod

Snake Temple Landing Problem

Does anyone else get this: when completing the intermediate level with the Grumman Goose that involves supply delivery and a search for a snake temple, I land at the indicated airport, but the mission doesn't end. I just sit on the tarmac with 2 dead engi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

joystick problems !

my Force-Feedback Pro 2 joystick de-centers as soon as I run MFS X !!!! Why ??? 😞 It works fine though , it just dont center !!! All wobbly !! ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
captainsimon

Best Airport

What do you guys think is the best airport to fly into surrounding area scenery wise? What airport has lush surroundings and near the sea, the reason I ask is that with my new graphics I can run every setting on FSX on ultra high and would really like ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mat3329 on
G_Sarg5308@msn.com

Microsoft Flight Simulator X not running rite

When I Start Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Standard) It starts with a split screen the plane on the top and the Sky on the bottom and every thing on the left side of the Monitor....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
flight simer

can you really use atc with out multiplayer?

Does the flight sim x really give the ability to become atc without having to use the multiplayer?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NSX on

FSX and what to expect in the DirectX10 updated version....

Just found these pictures that show what FSX could look like in Vista... (dead images removed)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on

What do I need?

I am thinking about getting FSX because I currently only have FS2002. That runs fine on the computer I have but I am concerned about what I might need for FSX. I found in an earlier post that my computer lacks much of what is needed. I was wondering if so...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
tony1182

Error Id 28

Out of no where I get this error message "Error ID=28 unable to install message filter" what the hell is this? I was playing fine before this anyone have any solutions. Thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
starman316

Flight Sim X 64Bit Windows XP

does anyone know if this Flight Sim X will work on 64Bit Windows xp?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lemonwonder on
nottobe

I returned FSX to store successfully

instead of refund, they gave me store gift card, to me, its the same thing, even I dont give as gift, I will always need to buy stuff from Circuit City........

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
aeroduke88

defect weather.dll

Hey folks, I need you help! I tried to install FS-X today, but my weather.dll file (located in "...\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\") is defect or incomplete?! Somhow the installation programm can´t copy it to the FS directory on the Har...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
MRJLaunch

Demo vs. Full Version

Here are the real (non-Microsoft) comparison pictures between the FSX Demo and FSX Standard Edition. For all those who have played the demo and want to know if the full version looks any better. FSX SE (Left) | FSX Demo (Right) Both games were ru...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
lemonwonder on

Flight Sim X and my PC

Hey guys, I have been trawling the net now for days looking at various forums trying to decide whether or not to buy flight sim X. I have noticed there seems an even-ish split of ppl who have no problems when they bought it and people who did. My PC Sp...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Greekman72

Who needs...F1View???

I don't know if it happens to anyone else but as i was flying i discover something very interesting and i need confirmation in order to use it as an official Tip.And of course i don't know if it has been already mentioned. 😕 First of all ,fo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
gizmopilotdk47

Upload pics...

I take some pics with the print screen button, but everytime i try to upload one to flyaways gallery it is to big. What shall i do???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
mat3329

Water bomber Helicopters

Hey, I need help with how to suck up the water in a water bomber and then I need to know the controls on how to drop that water from my water tank. I have 2 models, one with a tank in it's belly and another with a bucket hung under the chopper. Can anyone...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
starnut

I give up.

I have tried the Catalina day spa several time with no luck. Tried flying high altitude to coast to island. No luck. Whats the trick to keep the motor from stalling over the water??? ❓ ❓...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
starnut on
mikebl

MS2000 Pro operating system

Just bought FSX today. Trying to install, I get a message that MS2000Pro wont run FSX. tell me this isn't so and i don't have to go out and upgrade to Windows XP...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
djcevera

display settings

could someone please point me in the direction of some suggested display settings. ive reverted back to fs9 for the mean time i couldnt put up with the fact that i own a game that i cant play. shame on me for thinking my system was good enough system ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
supercar1000

DDS format

Is it possible to edit DDS texture files ? (Software)...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
bubba68ss

HELP PLEASE! FSX keeps crashing

whenever i start flying in 'live' FSX out of the blue my screen goes all black and shakes and compeltely shuts off and restars. It is very madening and frustrating. RIGHT in the middle of taking off or on approach, basically at te worst time. I havent run...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
guest on
Matt001

Wrestling with the Baron

Hi all, Sorry, Ive been lurking a lot, but I'm posting in relation to this older post: https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/22803/tutorials-for-beechcraft-baron-58/ I have constant problems with the Baron (in both FS9 and X) in terms of ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Matt001 on

grumman goose water taxi

how do you water taxi properly in the goose?for example, i have failed the peruvian mission 3 times because i crashed while trying to turn around to taxi away from the temple.is there a water rudder or something?the floats are down and im using the rudder...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
FallonNv on
Worldlife

Is Microsoft Wireless keyboard and mouse compatible with FSX

The new beginner missions in FS X are very well presented and helpful and should help one progress. Much better than the earlier versions of FS I used many years ago. Unfortunately my flaps do not seem to be working through the F5 to F8 keys and this ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Worldlife on
bubbagump69

FS-X does not seem to be multi processor compatable

I was running the demo version of FS-X with the XP task window up and the performance graph tab in focus. After playing a game I shut down the app and looked at where my CPU and Memory was over the last 2Min of graph time. The game used less then a gig...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mr Plummet on
kinetic25

Terminal Buildings do not show up

Hi, the first time I installed Flight Simualator I was trying to find good configuration for my computer since it is very hard on resources. I tried it with medium-high graphics, loaded it up and the terminal buiding was there OK, but it was simply unpla...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Alex The Guest on
IND

Flight Simulator X on Windows 2000

Can anybody tell me how can I run this game with my win2k? Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SeanGa on
RICHARD752

Direct X 10 & Vista

I was going to purchase a new PCI express video card, but I read that the new direct x is coming out. There was a article claiming that you need a video card that uses direct x 10. My question here is this, Flight Sim X and directx 10? I also understan...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Wing-man on
CrashGordon

A suggestion.

Is there some way the stickies and announcements can be consolodated? They are beginning to take up significant real estate....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
swilbraham

Error on Install

Hi, Trying to install Flight Simulator X deluxe version. During final moments of install error appears stating "unable to register font" then install closes and removes all installed files. Anyone come accross this prolem and if so any idea of whats ca...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
StinkyJoe on
pc8051

****booting players????

Ok...i am tired of idiots in this game. I have hosted many games acting as ATC. As a host, I should have full control of my game and be able to boot any non complying offender. Does anyone know how to do this....or how I can contact Microsoft to have them...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
GUEST on
starnut

yoke and pedal question?

I discovered an old aquantance is into this flight sim stuff big time.I went over and tried his yoke and pedals by CH products. There great. Question I have is I saw a guy is selling his set up for a new set-up. The one he is selling looks to be the same ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Micah on
gizmopilotdk47

HELP WITH REGISTRATION

I just bought fsx but i cant register... The password is incorrect all the time. it says that it has to be at least 16 characters in alphanumeric, now what does that mean??? no matter what i write i just cant... PLEASE HELP....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
gizmopilotdk47 on
Saabotr

Recording/Instant Replay

Hi! Is there a way to record your flight (not talking about the flight analysis at the end)? I am interested in taking a look at my landings. Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Page 59 of 66