Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

psalm10720

Best Computer/Graphic Card for FSX

I had to shift video to low settings to cease video lag. I was wondering if anyone had a machine which allows you to select each video selection to the max and not have video lag. I have a abit kv-80, AMD Sempron 2800, 1GB PC3200 RAM, ATI 9550 256MB Gr...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptainSlug on

Autoland

Hey guys. I recently tried the Autoland addon for FS2002-2004 with my latest purchase: FS X. Cosmetically, it looks fine, however the NAV1 Radio (which is supposed to be tuned to the ILS according to the manual) only starts at 117.xxx, rather than 110....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Ram08

sound issues

I dont know if any of you can help me with this, I can hear all the normal sounds in the plane but cant hear the ATC or copilot talking, any clue what i t could be?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
CaptDennison

FS2000//FSX?

Ya know--I used to spend HOURS and HOURS flying around in FS98--I loved it. I had thoughts about getting FS2000, but heard a lot of complaints--So I NEVER bought it. Then FS2K2 came out, gotit and it was so great that FS98 was gone the next day! FS...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
mat3329

FSX regular to deluxe!

Hi, I bought FSX regular version when it came out not knowing there was a Deluxe version coming out. Anybody could tell me what I can do to maybe trade my game or get the Deluxe version without loosing too much cash? Would Microsoft come out with an add-o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mat3329 on
Iain McFarlane

Disk 2 of FSX will not load

Hi I am trying to load FSX Standard Edition onto a PC for my kids. I have no issues with the first disc, but when it asks for the second disk, it does not pick it up! It constantly comes back with "insert disk 2" but when I click OK it never starts tha...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
High Flyer

Multiplayer Warning

The people at Microsoft have really gone to great eforts to bring FS X to a level of enjoyment that cannot be explained. My congratulations to all that are involved. One must however have the right pc to use it to its full potential. If you ever host a ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
High Flyer on
airbourne

Door probs

I keep trying to get the Baggage Door Open and i cannot do it. Iv pressed Shift + e Twise and that dont work. Can anyone help me would be greatfall. Thx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
EGNRflyer on
Doyley

Instant Replay

Is is possible to remove the red bar saying "Instant Replay" during a replay? Im making a video and its screwing things up. Thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Doyley on

FSX poor quality software

How can Microsoft make such bad software :evil: Flight simulator X runs terrible on my system and its Microsofts fault. I can't believe Microsoft can do this to their customers. I have reinstalled the 2004 edition 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on

Autopilot button missing in Virtual 747 cockpit

Ok here goes I'm running Flight simulator X and when I go to the default 747 virtual cockpit mode I can't see the Autopilot button. However in 2D cockpit mode their is a button for Autopilot on the panel :wacko: Is the Autopilot switch located somewhe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
bubba68ss

Will not run (FSX)

I just bought FSX tonight, and turns out i need a dvd drive to install. went out and bought one. Its installed now. When launching FSX i get this message: "The drivers currently installed for your video card may cause your computer to stop respondi...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bubba68ss on
mattdean

X-Box 360 Controller...

Has anybody tried the X-Box 360 controller in FSX? If so, whats it like/how does it handle etc. I was thinking about getting one to make flying helis easier....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
FSX Rocks

256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro

What do you think of this card? Can it run FSX on high settings? Why didn't Dell give the XPS 210 a better card!!!!!????...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Chat01 on
Greekman72

''Denali Base Camp Charter''(FSX Mission)

Here are a few shots from a part of a mission i really enjoy 😉 *Sorry :oops: for the labels appearing in the screen.I was lazy to find how could i disable them... https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/images/forumimages/22769/denali-base-c...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
gizmopilotdk47

Views: How to watch from Passenger Seats?

I just bought the fsx. And i have seen some pics from passenger seats on this site, how do you watch from there???...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
bobbygrow

fsx mulit flying online any players allowed

HEY so i see many players want to play flight simulator x right? ok well here is the deal everyone that is coming e-mail me at doggiedoo86@yahoo.com or post here that you will come and fly on my session it will be called flyaway no password and you must s...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
bobbygrow on

Can my PC run Flight Simulator X?

Hello 🙂 My system specs are: Windows XP 1Ghz Pentium 3 Pro 128MB of Ram Intel extreme Graphics It does struggle with the 2002 edition, but I'm hoping the FSX edition is improved and will work on my system....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mattdean on
brownbox

MY turn to ask FSX questions

Ok ok ok, Im sure everyone has already done this, but what I want to ask is, should I get it? Its not costing much on the internet, and I beleive my computer should be able to run it at acceptable levels. Also, is it worth it? Does it crash, and come up w...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
to_coolguys on
Murfi

Thank god!

I got my FSX working bout 10 mins ago! 😀 Time to get down to some serious flying!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
Timerj190

Problem Unistalling & Reintalling FSX

I was having a problem with add-on a texture to the B737-800. I made a mistake in putting the the texture in the wrong folder. :oops: After that, I could not start FSX, get it to work. 😞 I tryed using the the fix-it on the FSX Software, it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
Waiting for FSX

Important Video Card Question!!

The 256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro seems to be a good card. Could it play FSX on high settings in a demanding environment smoothly? Also, does anyone have this card who plays FSX. Advice and feedback GREATLY appreciated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Waiting for FSX on
Wing-man

FSX Tweak Guide

Not sure if this has already been posted :dontknow: but thought I'd post it anyway. 😉 . For all users having problems with the performance in new Flight Simulator X we can recommend the FSX Tweak Guide published by Greg Germanowski. Importa...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
NSX on
katarinaconnors

FSX frame rates fixed beyond belief... really.

After two weeks of hanging up stuff and multiple crashes I fixed my FSX and it is everything I had dreamed of.... Here is How.. First of all I am not a software person so forgive any oversimplifications. After totally crashing my system .... trying ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Smailey112

Help with 747 aircraft.cfg

Hey, I tried to add some now repaints for my 747, and when I was on the b747_400 I clicked on the aircraft.cfg. What happend next, was that some of the things on the aircraft cfg dissapered, and now my 747 on FSX is bugged. It falls trough the ground,...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
davepuma

Is FS2004 worth buying if FSx is due out soon(ish)?

I used to play FS2000 quite a bit then I got rid of my desktop and went with laptops. I built a SFF machine a few months back with some decent components and thought I would give FS a whizz again. I see it's only £18 or so but then discovered that FSx ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
RiginalDonDada

No gauges in the SR-71

Anyone know how to get the gauges to show up in the SR-71 that I downloaded from this site?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
juergentreml

Google Earth Tracking for AI and User AIrcraft

Hi! As I wanted to see where I'm flying to, and as it's quite interesting to compare FSX Scenery with real world images, I've written a small tool to show FSX user aircraft and AI object positions in Google Earth in realtime. If you're interested, h...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
juergentreml on
tedh

frame rates FSX

I have run FS9 and FSX with the same plane,scenery season time etc. and the frame rates just don't compare. I have a 3.8Gig box with 1 Gig of ram and an ATI 512mb card. With FS9 I get 36 to 45 FPS - with FSX 6!!!. PATHETIC...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Micah

GeForce 7950 GT OC 512MB GDDR3

What does anyone think of this? I recently bought a cheap 512mb card as an experiment and you guys were right what a pile of :censored: However, i have seen the above card for just over 200 quid. Is it worth its price and will it be a great impro...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Micah on
DwayneEarle

Start at the gate instead of the runway in FSX

In FSX how do I begin a flight at the ramp vice the runway. Preferably I would like to do it as a cold start as well. Thanks Dwayne...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Nunzio

FSX installation nightmare heads up

Fellas Just spent 2 hours with microsoft tech support regarding an installation problem.. Disc 1 installs fine, insert disc 2.. nothing.. computer hangs.. freaking nightmare.. MS tech guy tells me there are compatibility issues with Roxio and Ner...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
jensabrat

FSX trouble

I bought fsx and it its very slow. Or slow with high graphics. I had also bought a new computer for it. It was still running slow. I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me. If you can help me it would be greatly appericated....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
earthqu8kes on
CaptDennison

FSX-RETURNING THE GAME-READ

Hi all--if ANY of you knuckle dragging apes buy a pro level version of FSX, and decide to sucks-email me-I would love to get a copy-I have lots of games I am willing to trade, just tell me what ya want --------------------------------------------------...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CaptDennison on
Grim229

am i gonna be able to get by fsx with deez specz?

windows xp SP2 radeon 9000- 128MB 1 gig of ram athlon XP 1500+ 1.33 ghz i ran fs9 with no problem also i ran the fsx demo, i played it for like 5 minutes, no problems with fps at all whatsoever, but i guess they scanned my system abnd turned the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Grim229 on
RavenholmAlpha

When Will Flight simulator X be released???

Hi gentelmen! I have heard about fsX and I was curious if there was a release date for it! Please reply. Thanks! 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

First Jet flight

Just completed my first Jet flight in the missions section.Quite tricky although it is well worth it. These mission are excellent no what some might say. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 &...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Baron1

Tutorials for Beechcraft Baron 58

I have just moved up from the Cessna Skyhawk SP172 to the Baron 58. I have read the tutorial, which teaches more about why this plane differs from the Cessna. I understand the theory behind it which is well taught. However when in actual lesson it just...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Baron1 on
RiginalDonDada

Gamespy Issues..."You have been connected from Gamespy.

I was just playing multiplayer lastnight. I got up this morning and tried to connect and this is what I get. It connects for a second and then says, "You have been disconnected from GameSpy, you may have logged in on another computer." Anyone know how ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RiginalDonDada on
AkEminent

Free Flight Problem

I don't know why, but when I am in FREE FLIGHT no matter what I do... It won't shut off the Hawaiian Hana Mission. I am not in missions, I might be halfway around the world, I can't reset it, why? How do you erase all of that?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Warwind on
captainsimon

Another Callsign Question

When flying the B738 in the dreamliner C/S I set the call sign to BOEING and the flight number to 6696 but the ATC does not say BOEING they just say 6696. If I sat the callsign to any of the others like SOAR, GHIA or PACIFICA the ATC voice will say the...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
captainsimon on
andyc725

Problem running fsx

Hi Can anyone shed anylight on the problem i am having with FSX.I have installed it correctly but when i come to run it i get the start up screen and it goes through the two loading sections and then after it has completed it just stops as if i have shu...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Airbus types

Do you reckon that microsoft will include airbus types in the FSX package?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mat3329 on
Deeon

Speach bugged in free flight?

Hello all! Unlike most of the community I really like new FSX and it's worth every penny imho. My PC is 2-3 years old (AMD 2500+ Barton, ABIT NF7-s, GF 6600GT, 1GB DDR Ram) and with bit of tweeking I got it to run on 10-20 fps (20fps lock - usualy FPS ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Teh Paul on
Waiting for FSX

New Computer: Dell XPS 210 for FSX?

Im upgrading to Dell's XPS 210 for the holiday season, and will be purchaasing the most expensive unit. Im wondering whether its video card ( the 256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro) is powerful and new enough to run FSX on high settings. Advice appreaciated! than...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Vin4evr

shift + enter

Hello, "Shift + enter" or "shift + backspace" does not work "well" in flight sim x like flight sim 04. does anyone know of any of any other commands to view down while fliying? I find it very diffcicult to view the runway sometimes getting close to the a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
captainsimon

What does MIKE mean in Callsign?

When flying a B738 the pilot voice on FSX says for example, Orbit 5454 with MIKE! What does MIKE actually mean, sometimes they also say with ECHO and various other word. What do they all mean? Cheers...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mattdean on
Burner71

Strange trim problems

So I installed last night....took forever! At first when I hit free flight I was disapointed with the graphics until I realised the defaults were set to very low. I reset then loved the cars on the highways, but then something odd happened. The p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on

Help with log-in

I am not getting confirmatiom from flyway that I have paid the $5.00. I did not get a confirmation of any kink on user name pasword etc. Whats up?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mattdean on
Logi

Mission Airports Missing...?

Whenever I go to fly one of the missions, it loads up just fine, but I'll get placed in a bunch of trees (no airport to be found), immediatly crash, and fail the mission. Might anyone know my my FSX is doing this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mattdean on
Page 60 of 66