Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

ebgod

open secondary doors?

from what I understand, most planes in FSX have more than one set of doors that can be opened. I tried going through the control list but I don't see anything that will open anything but the main doors. Does anybody know how to do this?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mattdean on
bawns

ai planes default are all gone

i downloaded some ai from world of ai and eve since the i have jacked up my ai aircraft to 100% but i cant see any of the ai planes that came with the game has anyone encountered this problem...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Meylan on
Tony Fincham

Panel On/Off Setting in FSX

What is the equivalent "Event" called and Key Board setting in FSX to the View Command "Panel On/Off" event and "W" keyboard setting in FS 2004 please? I am frustrated because I cannot get rid of the Cockpit Instrument panel for a clear view ahead when...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on

DUal sound card in multi problems...

Hi All, I did a search first to no avail. I have 2 sound cards in my PC and I'm trying to do with voice only in the headset mic with all other sounds coming out of the main speakers in multiplayer. I have it set up correctly (sounds in control panel...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
airbourne

Cargo Doors

Guys What button is it to open the cargo doors so the baggage truck comes...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
running on

Registry help (not registering)

I had to move my installation folder due to the infamous error 1935. Now I can't install some addons because I don't have the necessary keys in my registry file. I found a program to repair the reg for FS9 but it doesn't help me. I'm running the World of ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Beast06

Real Airlines in FSX

Hi, Right - When I build my new PC with 2x 8800GTX in SLI 😀 I should be able to play FSX very well. What I want is real airlines such as a Virgin Atlantic 747-400 and an Emirates A340-500 like the bodies of them. Is there such addons for FS...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Doyley

AMD vs Intel

Do people with AMD have as many problems playing FSX as Intel users? Ive been reading alot about people problems and it seems people with Intel processors have problems with getting the balance right between framerates and quality. I have a AMD Athl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyer4000 on
captainsimon

Aircraft Brakes.

This does not happen in FSX I get the virtual cockpit with the brakes off, so if I accidentally have my joystick throttle open the plane starts rolling down the runway. Is this a setting fault my end, or a glitch MS end? Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jhausner on
norwichgooner

Animals and shader 2.0 ???

Hi All Spent 2 hours last night in various parts of Africa looking for game but found nowt !! Had all the scenery options turned up full and had the animations check box ticked but still couldn't find any thing. I noticed that the graphics card needs...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
gazpode

SP2 & FSX

Does anybody know wheather the full version of fsx requires windows XP service pack 2? I know the demo does. Trouble is i tried installing SP2 on my dad's mc and messed the mc up totally to the point where we had to restore the mc back to day 1. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SeanGa on

FSX playing great on laptop!

Having purchased a Sony Vaio AR11S (I know, I know...the AR21 came out a week later!) I was eager to try out FSX on it. I can only write what I see, and (using FRAPS to check FPS) with everything set to high and at fullscreen I get between 17 & 23fps. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
yuzaki

747-400

why do the texture of the wing has a glitch can someone help me to solve this, btw my video card is only fx 5200...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
jcagle

Formatting Error

Hello, I recently decided to try and improve the resolution during gameplay from 1024x768 to 1280x1024. However, after I made the switch in the settings, a big black bar at the bottom of the screen (only during flight) and the picture is squished vertical...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jcagle on

Can someone post their scenery.cfg file

I think I jacked mine up and I don't wanna reinstall.. Can someone either host it or copy and paste the text here?? That would rule thanks!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mattdean on
Karlw

PLease vote for fsx deluxe

Ok plain and simple rate it from 0 to 100 % as i am thinking of getting it for christmas as well as upgrading my comp tell me about the scenery and what not thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
RadarMan

+++++Windows Installer CleanUp Utility+++++

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility Read carefully before using! http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 :radar:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
tiger7881

FOR ALL GeForce 6 series and up buyers !!!!!!!

Hello,i have an importent announcement, for who buy the GForce 6 series or 7 like i did my GForce 7600 512 which i bought. Before you buy a videocard plz check this, That you mother bored is PCI express, because the new video cards has the PCI express, i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
omgttfs on
prepneck25

ATI Radeon x1950

I just purchased the Radeon 1950 crossfire for my new computer to run FSX. I have a AMD Dual Core 5000 processor with 2 gigs of memory. The video card is a pci-express 512 mB. Is there anything else I sould do or buy to run FSX to it's full potential, or ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jhausner on
millertime

Help Me with my future computer specs please

Its not about all the specs, its more or less between two processors. Ive heard that core 2 duo isnt amazing, and so im not set on core 2 duo anymore, i would get it, or i would get pentium 4. I want to run FSX good. here are exact cards Intel® Pe...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
CaptainKen

HELP - fsx hangs up when I attempt to launch it

Hi, I've had all kinds of problems - BUT the game was running fine. I did nothing, and all of a sudden it won't let me launch it. So I uninstalled and reinstalled it, and now it won't let me launch it. The error code i get is that fsx is hanging up ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
mattdean

IVAO - IVAC FSX

For those of you that fly on the IVAO network - have any of you tried to use the new IVAC software to enable FSX to be used for online flying? I have just downloaded it and went to give it a try, when I open it from the 'Add-Ons' menu, I get the follow...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mattdean on
JarJarBinks

B744....

anyone know a good landing speed for a B744?...... I dont usually fly heavies such as these but hey not a whole lot of d/loads out there right now....... anyway im in route from Honolulu to LAX and ive got about 3-4 more hours left in it..... an...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JarJarBinks on
mike021590

error 1935

Iv gotten so pissed off with error 1935. Everything iv tried won't stop it. It keeps appearing as soon as the games just about done installing. PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cooperjet on
Doyley

Illegal FSX

Ive spotted some illegal copies of FSX floating about already. That was quick! Have Microsoft built in any new security features to prevent people using them?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Cooperjet on
psalm10720

FSUIPC4 - Reasons for using it.

I used fsuipc4 and fsnavigator in fs2004. seeing how fsnavigator is not available yet for fsx I am wondering if it makes sense to buy fsuipc4. How do people out there use fsuipc4 and are there any outstanding add-ons that use fsuipc4?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
psalm10720 on
Vin4evr

shift + enter

Hello, "Shift + enter" or "shift + backspace" does not work "well" in flight sim x like flight sim 04. does anyone know of any of any other commands to view down while fliying? I find it very diffcicult to view the runway sometimes getting close to the a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Vin4evr on
Spam3d

Just in case u havent see this

I stumbled upon this and clearly the addon scenery for fsx look just 😳 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uYzAkR9G1k...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

Two times Activation limit.....

I can't believe it that microbrains only allow you to activate or install FSX upto a maximum of 2 times !!!!! So if I decide to buy a new PC or a new motherboard (which I will more than probably do each year) FSX will be useless after 2 years. So in...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

NTVDM CPU Error

hey I get a NTVDM CPU Error during the end of the installation, I click ignore and the installation continues but the game will not run at all. this is a brand new machine. Winxp Media Center edition. Any Ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
SeanGa

[Q] A little stupid question

I am wondering, do FS 2004 aircraft work with FSX? Please don't laugh at me for asking this question :p...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
snurckle

What I wish they had done with FSX (multiplayer)

I wish they had used Transponders more!! Use of transponders would have made ATC's job easier, as it is in RL. Pressing the PTT button is like pressing the ident button. You are highlighted on the screen. So, now we have 25 Aircraft, and lets say 3...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
saint4 on
Qantas_here_I_come

standard or deluxe?

If i were to get fsx should i save and get the deluxe or should i get the standard version for the cheaper price?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Qantas_here_I_come on
Fryingpan

My cars are gone!

My cars aren't appearing even though i have the road traffic slider to 100%, any ideas how to fix this? thanks....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Fryingpan on

Turning

hey i just wanted to how to turn effectifely if you get me on fs9 i was able to use the number 6 button and the aircraft turned great but on fsx it doesnt work that well...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
Micah

512mb or 256mb?

Following on from a previous thread, is having 512 on a graphics card all beit lower end, always better than a 256mb card at mid range??? Thanks guys, important decisions here!!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
boxer10 on
CRJCapt

FSX DVD required?

Does FSX require the DVD to be present in the drive to function?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Strove

Fonts Problem (at least i think)

when i open the game , everything look fine , than when i start a flight , the place up in the screen where there should be written thing like menu , option , help and all the other ... they just wont appear ... i can click on them (invisible them) and i ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mattdean on
airbourne

Anyone wanna Play online >...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mondragon078 on
lennylion

fsx spot view

Please can someone help me with problems I have encountered with FSX. 1. In spot view all the planes seem to fill the screen. I zoom down to 0.30 but this does not improve and the fusilage seem to stretch out of proportion to the rest of the plane....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SeanGa on
afrocat

Ground equipment

How do you get the ground equipment to come to you plane? and how do you tow your plane from the gate? and how do you move the gates?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
media_pdc

DirectX 10 cards!!!!

Hey guys! Does anyone know, when DX10 graphiccards will be released? I'm not sure. Shall I wait for them or buy a new one now. Because I have an ATI Radeon 9800XL with 128MB and 256Bit Interface. What do you think?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Micah

Sapphire Radeon X1600 PRO - your advise please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys, I AM CONFUSED!! I have just seen a Sapphire Radeon X1600 PRO, with 512mb memory for £70.00. I currently have a Nvidia 6500gt with only 256mb memory but which cost me a lot more money. I, like everyone else, want FSX to run better. Is t...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Micah on

How about this setup?

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew how well FSX would run on the home PC. I'd obviously like to have a decent frame rate and have everything turned on to the medium settings. I'm new to gaming so I'm not sure if this setup will be good enough. CPU=...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
forzaalonso

FSX graphic cards

Can anyone please give me some names of good graphic cards for FSX. Mines ok but was expecting more. Like the pictures when I was installing it Thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyer4000 on
media_pdc

Windows Vista Beta & FSX

Hey guys, do you think that my FSX would work smoother with the new Windows Vista RC1, which is downloadable on microsoft's homepage? My specs are: Pentium 4 HT 3Ghz Ati Radeon 9800 XL with 128 MB DDR SDRAM with 256Bit Memory Interface 512MB DDR ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

FSX + Old Computer = :(

MY computer im running FSX on now sucks. Here are the specs -1.4GHz Pentium 4 CPu -128MB NVIDIA GeForce fX4000 video card -512MB It runs about 15FPS on everyhting on low exept aircraft IM buying a new computer this week, here are the sp...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
jhausner on
Capt._Jacques

Help In FSX Basics

I know some of you have been doing this along time please just take the patience to read this article 1. Hello everyone, I just bought FSX Deluxe Edition Oct. 17th, I am proud to say it's the first flight sim i've ever played, I did the tutorials but...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
trainee99 on
zjc

Grapichs Card

Hello. Just wondering is my Grapichs Card any good for fsx. I have been told it is a very good card but i not sure 😕 . Its A Radeon 9200 Other system Specs AMD XP 2000+ 1.0GB Of Ram...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
zjc on
JonathanG

great game, no activation

when i get home ill register as a member I get the same problem the oen that says prodcut activation error, please reinstall when i get home ill try out the fix that one of your members has listed i have a brand new copy of the game that cost me £...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flyer4000 on
Page 61 of 66