Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

CaptainKW

traffic in FSX

Hi people, for some reason i have a problem with getting any traffic in my FSX. does anyone know where i turn it up to max so i got lots of planes around me?? On the slidder where it says traffic, i have that at max but dont know if this is the right ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
flab on
rexgrant

747 Flight in FSX from and Back to London Heathrow.

Hi I hope this post may help simers who are thinking of upgrades. I have just recieved my two new 7900gtx so I will report back if there is a improvment when installed. Currant Spec. Mobo-ASUS A8N32 sli / CPU-AMD 64x2-4800 O/C to 2.6Mhz / 2 XFX E...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
greystone

FSX Dissers-- You xxxxx Need to Get Real!!

Hey, OK, so it took three hours (+/- two minutes) to finally get FSX loaded on my 2.8GHZ Pentium 4, 80 GB Western Digital, Two-GB SDRAM machine, with an ATI 512 MB VisionTek 1600 video card. It runs slow. It runs with stutters. I get weird stuff i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
UG_PL

I have FSX ,a little review from me......

Piece of Crap software !!! :evil: FSX is some kind of Joke ,people!!! Ok lets get started: Installation took 1 Hour and 15Gb of HD 😂 With Medium-Low settings I get 12-17FPS!!! WTF??? I have 1024Mb of Ram ,P4 3.2Ghz HT ,ATI X800XL ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
CrashGordon

The Official Guide

Until FS2000, MS included a real manual in book form. The Official Guide Microsoft Flight Simulator Master the Experience, which retails for $19.95, is what MS doesn't provide you with any more. 😞 To make you think you were getting more for...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
newb

error 1636 with install FSX plz help

I had already uninstall nero, and disable the kaspersky but i'ts not working.. and got a message "error - 1636..." driver C - 4GB driver D - 16GB what should i do~ please help me thanks!!!! 😳...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
yuhshin on
CrashGordon

A new definition of insanity.

Think of this. You pay $70.00 for FSX Deluxe and then go out and spend a couple thousand dollars for a computer to run it. It makes you wonder. 🙄 😳 😂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
99jolegg on
PA46Driver

Got FSX today

Hi all, I got FSX this afternoon, after a 15 minute install, I lauched the simulator and went straight to a free flight with the new Airbus at Cranfield, I was initially dissapointed to see terrible graphics so I went into settings and noticed that all op...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
jacksprat

Minimise FS?

OK, this may sound like a noobie question, but it's something I've never bothered finding out about! When I'm flying I often want to flick into MSN Messenger, change my music or something else outside of FS. Flight Sim will automatically go into pause...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PIC1stOfficer on
Liono

***FSX-Tweak Collection***

***FSX-Tweak Collection***...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PIC1stOfficer on
kazevac

How do I uninstall FSX demo?

I cannot find any way to uninstall FXS demo. There is no associated icon in programs or install/uninstall etc. Any one any ideas? Kaz...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
kazevac on
TheGuest

Great Screenshots - Showing the Multiplayer session for FSX

Check out these screenshots, give's a good idea of the new online system. A server list to choose from, very cool... http://www.totalflightsim.com/index.php...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
saint4 on
zanettelondon

FS9 aircraft n FSX

How many of you guys tried to install aircraft(posky aircraft for instance) in FSX and got lucky????????...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
El_Al 935ST

Problems...

Can someone please help me. FSX for me has got a bad frame rate and it takes so long to load and the textures are all blockey even though I chose high. These are my specs Processor: Microsoft Windows XP SP2. Hard Drive: 14.4 GB (After installing FSX...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
liverpoolflyboy

Game vs HMV

I Have just got my FSX 😂 and after a system restore (as i had a load of s**t on my hard drive that was hard to get rid of) and a Defrag it seems to run well. A bit mad at mirco soft in the head for not doing anything with the ATC!!!!! 😞 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
saint4

Hardware

My System Sempron 2800+ 754 Asrock K8upgrade 2 x512mb crucial pc3200 Club 3D 6600 256mb agp I would like to fly with most settings high. I can get aircraft maxed out but thats about it. Autogen sparse or none. Stutters with other options up. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mikecurrie on
airbourne

Ground Texture

Right iv been playing around with my graffics ect. I have some fantastic water Effects now But the ground looks like fs2004 all the fields are all MEssed up. What Graffics Setting Setting do i need. Is it the texture Revolution Or the mesh i need to turn ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
seanvv

fsx cockpit button probs

Hi there can anyone help the buttons for say throttle and gps and atc dont work when i press them any ideas guys .. thanks sean...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
seanvv on
Spoty101

Regular vs Deluxe?

I just found out that there is a regular FSX and an FSX Deluxe Edition, does anybody know what the difference is and I also found this link with 9 short video clips of FSX. enjoy 😀 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
airbourne

Where is the FSX Aircraft Folder?

Would someone please tell me where the FSX AIrcraft folder is To install fsX aircrafts cos i cannot find it...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
pudclarke

View Options in FSX

HI ALL The demo version did not (as far as i could see) have the option to chnage the altitude whilst in spot mode - it seemed to be fixed at the same level as the plane. Does the actual version have this function (as in FS9) ? Thanks *** a...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
pudclarke on
Karlw

For CRASHGORDAN and others with the c-130

I just asked on the captain sim homepage if the c-130 will be updated for fsx so ill post the answer when I get it which should be monday or tuesday...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
horrgakx

TrackIR and USB Headset issues

Well, I've got it, arrived from Amazon today And have a couple of problems... First I can't get my TrackIR to work with it at all. Will look-see their tech support shortly. Second, and this is a pain, my USB headset won't work with it. This is the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
horrgakx on
EJ316

Flight Sim X Comes Today for me W00T

woohoo. finally. i got up early so i can apprehend the postman quickly and intercept my game :p . *is exited* . knowing my luck it wont arrive today -.- oh well...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
mattdean

FSX Install Error... (Pic Inside)

Ok so I got FSX today, put it in the dvd drive, and it begins to install, but coming up to halfway through the install it tells me this: Then it procedes to exit the installer. So I took it back to exchange it for another copy which they happily did, b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mattdean on
tomthetank

BOO

I was not going to buy FSX straight away(why suck up to Microshaft 🙄 ) Anyway,driving home from work I find myself heading towards PCworld :umm...: Ill just pop in and read the box notes (yea right):rofl: Guess what ❓ They have not got i...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Dave Franks

Windows menu bar

Hi everyone, I promise I will register on here shortly. I've been simming since my first computer when I got FS2000. I've just installed FSX and I'm happy to say I can run it with all the sliders maxed out. However there is a big irritant. How...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Dave Franks on
Greg1138

FSX Prices in the UK

Thought there might be a thread devoted to this somewhere, but couldn't find it - so apologies if I am repeating stuff..... Anyway - point of the post is to mention that as far as I have found, the cheapest way to (legitimately!!) obtain FSX in the UK ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Goose343 on
Faucett

Main menu music

Anybody know how to turn it off? Haven't been able to yet....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
hinch

new demo issue - can't install,probs simple.

hey guys, i just went to install the new demo and i get the error 'please uninstall the last demo' - not quite in those words but, yeah. anyway, i have uninstalled the old demo so i guess it's stuck in the registry or something - how to i get rid of...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
JiWe on
media_pdc

New Fsx Videos

Heelo Guys! Here are some good links to new FSX Videos! I'm glad about comments. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RL7q74oLUc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCyvcvAyiEE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0wr9EAuA3k https://www.youtube.com/watch?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
media_pdc on
Greg1138

Zoom Settings in FS9/FSX?

Hi all - quick quiz.....I saw ages ago a post somewhere that stated that having a zoom setting of 75% from the main cockpit view is more realistic thanb the default setting..... Does anyone else do this? And if so, is the situation similar in FSX? ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
CrashGordon

FSX flight planner. :-(

I just found out that the people at MS do not live on this planet. I entered a High altitude route from EGLL to KJFK and it gave me a route that took me down to a point a couple of hundred miles west of Africa, then to the Caribbean and finally to New Yo...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
Liono

FSX in the UK

Got this from Simmarket earlier today STOP PRESS - The next generation of Flight Simulation has arrived! Just a short news flash to let you know that stock of the UK edition of Flight Simulator X has arrived and is being shipped out over the next ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KenTel on
EJ316

All The Airports in FSX

ok so for the ones of us tht are still playing the demo (until friday for me 😀 ) i just realied tht on the flight planner section in free flight you can keep zooming out and move the map around the whole world, showing you all of the airports in ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PIC1stOfficer on
leachus2002

FSX Order in Packing

Well, just got an Email from play.com to tell me that my copy of FSX is currently in packing and will shortly be arriving 🙂 I thought that the release date was a couple of weeks away yet..... any ideas?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PIC1stOfficer on
PanAmerican

Famous FS9 Error. Is it in FSX

Just wondering if the airport SESM is still in a crater. Has anyone flown there yet?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
nottobe

I hope FSX hasn't fallen into GAME category

For a game, the objective is for fun, but for a sim there is much more than a game for fun. I hope MS didn't try to pursue game pattern, and focused on visual excitement only. There are a lot more things the FS has to improve, holding pattern, procedure ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
mattdean

haha...

Intel Pentium 4 CPU: 1500MHz 1.50 GHz, 384MB Ram NVIDIA Geforce2 MX 400 😂 I think an upgrade will be in order for me!...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
-Jester- on
spitfiresrule

FSX Doesn't work

Oh man looks like I need to imvest in a new graphics card. 😕.It takes for ever to load and the scenery and everything is terrible. Its just so expensive 😞 Anyways rant over. BTW The game looks like fun though. The G1000 in the 172 l...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on

Fsx is out now at some Best Buys

Sorry if this is already posted but Fsx is now avaible at Best Buy http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=91665...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Flykid on
rainbow_flyer

DVD speed

Does anyone know of the DVD-ROM speed required? I have read that it is a minimum 32x http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/flightsimulatorx.aspx I have had a bit of a search around and it seems that 16x DVD-ROM is the standard even on top spec. new m...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
CrashGordon

Some observations.

Having had a chance to use FSX on a 2.8 GHz P4 with 512 MB (128 MB shared with Intel on board GFX). FSX will use around 600 MB of memory...minimum! The more RAM you have on both your mother board and GFX card, the happier you will be. Hard drive sp...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Faucett on
matt279

graphics card

hi i recently downloaded the fsx demo and realised my graphics card isnt compatible.... :cry: i need to get a new one thats compatible with fsx in a price range of about £50-£70.. can anyone recomend a card i can buy plzzzzzzzz 🙂...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Rafi on
RadarMan

*****Official Microsoft FSX Site*****

Official Microsoft FSX Site. Full of information about aircraft, airports,missions, screenshots. downloads and much more. http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx/ Another. http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/flightsimulatorx.aspx ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crash_deplane on
SIG239

FSX DVD-ROM Doesn't Like it

Just got the Deluxe Version DVD-ROM FSX. I'd like to report on how it works however, it seems that my DVD ROM doesn't like it. I get the following: This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system that supports the ISO-1334...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PIC1stOfficer on
JVD

Here's the FSX commercial

Forgive my spelling if it's wrong but I'm in a bit of a rush. Just went to Youtube to look up FSX and I found a commercial on it. Although I think it's different to the one you guys saw on Travel Planet. Anyway, hope you PC plays it and bear with it. ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
UG_PL on
Boeinglover

FSX Deluxe Release Date?

Is the deluxe version going to be released the same day as the standard version? GO FSX :groupwave:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
encarta2006 on
Tailhook

PMDG product compatibility with FSX

Many owners of PMDG products have been wondering what will happen when FSX is released. Updates? ... or completely new versions? The info below may also be valuable for those who don't own any of the PMDGs yet but have been considering to purchase the ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
Greg1138

Enjoyed the Demo.....but......

OK - I was thoroughly unimpressed with the first demo, and had more-or-less made up my mind to stick with dear old FS2004.....but decided (wisely) to download the latest demo, and there's me chugging away at it thinking "This is waayyyyyy better".......so...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
PIC1stOfficer on
Page 63 of 66