Flight Simulator X: General

Search

Search for Your Question First...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Latest Questions

nottobe

I pre ordered for US$65, FSX Delux, is this a good deal?

what is the difference between standard and delux version?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CRJCapt on
nottobe

and what happens to all my payware aircraft?

I have more than a dozen payware traffic weather and environment addons, are they gonna be wasted too?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Liono on
Karlw

fLIGHT SIM X AND THE 737-200

i HEARED THAT FLIGHT SIM X IS GOING TO HAVE AREA 51 SCENERY WITH THE JANET MISSIONS INCLUDED IS THIS TRUE...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on

Thrust Vectoring

Will FSX Support Thrust Vectoring like the Harrier,SU-37,F-22 has on it's aircraft ❓ 😎...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Solotwo on
rafferty5268

Installing FSX in a Separate Folder or Instal OVER FS2004

Where disc space is a consideration (as it is for me) - will I be able to install FSX OVER FS2004 or will it require a separate folder leaving all the FS2004 material intact? MS doesn't give any advice on this. Anyone know one way or the other for sure ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
RadarMan

*****FSX Release Date!!!!!!!

FSX has a release date and price now. https://www.simshack.net/products/microsoft-flight-simulator-x-steam-edition-74 :radar:...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
jetman35

Once you have FSX...

Hey all of you flyers out there. My question to you is; once you have FSX installed on your speedy PC, where are you going to go first??? Which plane are you going to take for a spin first??? For me.. I am getting onboard the Janet plane and heading ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Sico2 on
-Jester-

Microsoft Quote

Hey guys, I was flipping through my sep. issue of Popular science and I came upon a FSX add that had a ingame pic. of elephant/girafe/the jungle, and below it it had a quote "After that, let's see you rescue and injured climber on Mt. Kilimanjaro. Or ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
piperpilot on
Jamier

FSX and pc etc?

Hi guys its been probably 5-6 months since ive been here and i cant remember were these posts go so if its in wrong place a mod can move it? Anyway ive pre-ordered my copy of FSX and ive been saving to buy a new pc for it, but what im wondering is ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
SeanGa

FSX DELUXE?

I'm wondering, what is the difference between the FSX deluxe version, and the regular one? Will the deluxe version be available in stores? Also, if you pre-order FSX, how many days will you get it earlier than the stores start to sell it?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Karlw

Space flight in flight sim?

Will you be able to zctually fly into space in flight sim x I don't mean to the moon or eros but can you at least achieve orbit in fs x thanks 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
response on
cheechm

Too suck, or not too suck, that is the question?

Lets wait until FSX comes out before we add up the PROs and CONs for other people, but would you rather your "pimped" out FS9 with like GE PRO, ActiveSky. . . .etc or would you rather spend loads on buying computer hardware, just for a simulator?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
anipilot on
afrocat

Multiplayer

When I get FSX, does anyone want to be my co-pilot in the new multiplayer? If so, let me know...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
tiger7881

My opinion on this game

hey guys, as the title says, my opinion on this game, i like the game its really nice especialy how the airports are done with the cars and etc, i like the scenery and the traffic, the i downloaded FSX Today this morning and i'v tried it, its great, my co...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Taylor on
password

hercules c-130 flight sim

ok, well i have installed this new software and havent a clue how to do the refueling prcedures, what model type and how to get the aircraft to go into te fueling mode. thanks for your help jamie 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
Ifikratis1

video card for fsx

Hi all! I know such questions are very common the last months, but I would like your experience. SO, I have a P4 2.8Ghz 1Gb of Ram and the GF4 Ti4800SE grafics card (128mb) . So, I want to get ready for FSX. My first thought was a comlete pc upgrade, (ne...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Ifikratis1 on

Video Card

Hi, I currently have FS2002 and play it mainly for the fun and challenge that flying brings. My question is about what a video card is and what it exactly does. I assume that it has something to do with graphics. I need to know this because I plan on ge...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KenTel on
cheechm

Will my computer handle FSX

* * * FSX * * * Hey look, it is another one of those. I am sure you have noticed many threads on asking if my computer is compatible or if the one I am going to buy is. I thought, I will try and stop people from doing that by making a post explaining F...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheechm on
bubububu19

will my system work

dell dimiension 3000 pentium 4 cpu 2.80 ghz 512mb of ram intel extreeme graphics card(sucks) but planning to get a geforece or raideon graphic card but will it run just how i have it now...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
Guest 12

demo problems

why wont my fsx let me see the virtual cockpit of the bombarider. my computer specs are intel 4 2.80 ghz 512 mb of ram...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
cheechm on
Al1978

Does FSX Retail perform better than the demo?

I dont know if its even out yet, but does the full version of Flight Simulator X get better frame rates than the demo? I have a brand new top end computer and I am getting terrible frame rates on the demo....

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
greystone

Loading FSX on an SSD Drive is Better

So I have this long conversation with a local compu-geek who tells me I should check out an SSD as an alternative for hard disk loading of FSX. He sez: Access times are four times faster with SSD's that are ported through a USB 2.0 socket and the texture...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
greystone on
matt279

PCI to PCI-E cards

my computer is PCI not PCI-E. is there any way to change my computer to PCI-E or AGP plz help........ can anyone recomend some good PCI graphics card compatible with fsx...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
angelogg

aircraft overstressed

😞 Aircraft overstressed !!!!! *fly ends* ill be more careful next time*...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
helpppp

FSX demo wont start

I downloaded the demo and got it all installed and everything., everytime i click the shortcut to start fsx, nothing happens. the program doesnt even start. any ideas what causes this? thanks...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Greekman72 on
99jolegg

Enhancements for FSX...

Some interesting features in this list - I hope its accurate. Simulation Enhancements in FSX A lot of users have asked what we have done in the way of enhancements to aircraft and the simulation in general. Here are some that stand out for me off th...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
sa4life!

ground vehicle

Hi there. Does any one know what ground vehicles their will be (if any) and if they will interact with your plane?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on

FSX Beta? (Not demo)

Did anybody from here get the chance to download the beta? And if so, can you post some shots of it? 😀...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tartanaviation on
brownbox

do you think my system will work?

1.7Ghz Pentium M 1024MB RAM 128MB radeon 9600 pro turbo win xp home the big question... do you think it will work...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Tailhook on
KEEGAN

Pushback Detail in FSX

In fsx do u recon when u do pushback for a jet the pushback cart will come and drive up to the front wheel and actualy start to push you back or will it be just the old boring fs9 way...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
robertjhenry

will computer run this?

i am thinking of geting this as a new computer http://www.pcnextday.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?ProductCode=3365-7502 what do you think?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
robertjhenry on
Flying-Scot

FSX Demo Feedback

I downloaded FSX Demo and being fully aware it is only a demo and will not operate as the full version will when released I spent the time segments looking at the various details and maybe ace studios might tweak hear and there. please dont suggest moving...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Wing-man

Be Warned, Be Very Warned..............

I dont know if this has happened to anyone else, (hope not) but right now, totally PI**ED OFF is an understatement. I had problems installing the FSX demo, but with help from members, I managed to install it, my firewall was causing the problem. L...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Mc_GaNgStA on
greystone

FSX and Internet Explorer 7 ??

I did a beta on IE7 and really liked some of the enhancements. Unfortunately, I could no longer run FS9. Flash screen would come up and then...nothing... took me back to the desktop. Stay with me, I'm getting to the point. After much snarling and g...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
Thunderbirdman2

FSX DEMO

Im in the process of download the FSXdemo I hope it at least works also i hope i dont take long well only a 20 min download for me so how did it go for you and what should i expect...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
TimH

Entering ILS Frequency into PMDG 737?

Hi everyone I recently purchased the PMDG 737 (I got both packages, so I have from the 737-600 all the way through to 737-900) I'm still in the process of learning the FMC, which is coming along great, but I dont know how to enter the ILS frequency ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
SeanGa on
Bartholomew

FS2006 - FSX! Same thing?

What happened to all the fuss about FS 2006? Or is this it? Or do I keep waiting ... ? Did they just change the name? FS X!? You gotta be kidding! The name itself tells me not to buy it! Oh, wait! Is it freeware? 😂 😂 ԅ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
Maldo860

FSX super deal

For those who are interested in buying FSX online, head to PCAviator.com and you will get a deal that is worth almost a $180.00 for $69.95 including the Deluxe version. Besides you'll save a trip to the store and be among the first one to receive it. The...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
KenTel on
tudeski2006

FSX DEMO!!

Just downloaded the FSX Demo and I have to say I am dissapointed. Firstly with the " Robotic " ATC. One of the developments I expected Microsoft would make would be that of the ATC, but it remains the same. I'm sure that with the advance of technology, AT...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
mypilot on
leachus2002

FSX Deluxe

Anyone here ordered FSX Deluxe over the original? I decieded to spend the extra pennies! Has anyone had any experience of the deluxe version?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
99jolegg

Features not included in FSX...

FMS, ATC, SIDS & STARS were all considered but were dropped from thought due to the following... All of these features are often requested and we are very aware that one segment of our users want these in the product. We seriously talked about all o...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
crosscheck9 on
to_coolguys

FSX video - cool and humorous

quite cool and humorous FSX video.great ad to get people hooked on... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AJ1u-KHHgU&NR...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
VegasFlyer on

passengers

will there be passengers on the planes? If not will fspassengers work in the new sim? Also will project pai traffic work?...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
HowardsRock

Will this PC run FSX??

Here's my system: Pentium 4 2.6 MHz 1.5 GB RAM WindowsXP Home Edition (Version 2002), Service Pack 1 ATI Radeon X800GT 256MB DDR3 graphics card In order for FSX to run smoothly with maxed settings, which of these things needs to change, and wh...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
lenin

specs for fsx

here are the minimum system requirements for fsx: WINDOWS XP, SP2 OR VISTA PC WITH 1GHZ EQUIVALENT OR HIGHER PROCESSOR 256MB OF RAM FOR XP, SP2 OR 512MB FOR VISTA 14GB HARD DISK SPACE 32X OR FASTER CD ROM DRIVE (or for crash, DVD rom drive 🙂 ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
RadarMan on
TXeagle

Problem with MSFS2004 on top end computer!

If anyone has a remedy to this problem please post it! Just bought a top end computer - HP Pavilion dual 2.0 Ghz processors and GeForce Go 7600 for graphics. I first had a problem with FS even loading but then I loaded it with "default" settings and it d...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
UG_PL on
Spedley

Has anyone tried the demo on a Dual Core Processor?

Has anyone tried the demo on a Dual Core Processor? I've been reading/watching videos and it seems that FSX relies heavily on threads and 'backgournd tasks'. I figure because the graphics settings make little difference there must be a reason for it b...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
hms_endeavour on
Wing-man

FSX demo wont load.

I know I said I would'nt download the demo untill it's final release, but thats just aswell, as I can't get it to load anyway 🙄 . Thought I'd download and take a look at it, and compare everyone's comments, but it wont load 🙄 . It gets ...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
CrashGordon on
Flyingdevil33

Demo

i just played the demo of the new flight simulator X and i have to say it is bloody amazing!! the graphics were amazing and the flying controls better then ever this will be the next stage in the averege mans dream of flying in a plane does anybody...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
tomthetank on
Goose01101

MSX Demo problem

My system is a:- AMD Athlon 2200+ 1.80 GHZ 512 MB Ram NVidia TI4400 Problem with the demo is every time it jumps to another screenshot the screen goes either luminous purple or luminous green. I have the feeling my system is not going to be abl...

Answers
Views
Last answer by
Guest on
Page 64 of 66