Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Check this article about I-Rams.I find it interesting. 😉

http://www.anandtech.com/storage/showdoc.aspx?i=2480

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Nice one Greekman 👍 I'll have a read tonight when I get in as I don't have time a work Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Pro Member First Officer
HardLanding First Officer

That is a good catch. And FS9 would fit on a card set up with 4G.

What got me is this statement: "With a Western Digital Raptor, you can go from the boot menu to the Windows desktop in 14.06 seconds;"

I guess that means with no NIC or virus/firewall program or special graphics card suite, like Catalyst, installed. I know my system takes a lot longer than 14 seconds to boot up.

HL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I guess so.... Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

my pc (when its not playing up as it has been lately) gets from power on to a booted and usable (ie not loading still) windows in about 20 seconds

Pro Member First Officer

20 seconds. Wow, I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

HL

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

HardLanding wrote:

20 seconds. Wow, I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

HL

Nothing

Its most probably just some sluggish software loading
And the longer you use Windows the slower it gets as the regestry gets added to
Radar had a link to a utillity called Regvac which will clean up the regestry and give you a little speed boost (will post link when I find it 🙄 )
Check to see what programs are loading every time you start and dissable those you dont need

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

You can also use Advanced Unistaller.It contains a very decent start up manager. ➡

http://www.download.com/Advanced-Uninstaller-Pro-2006/3000-2096_4-10474392.html?tag=lst-0-6

Pro Member First Officer

I use something called Registry Mechanic. It's like taking vitamins, I can't tell if it's really doing anything or not. The most guilty parties always seem to be the network interface card, which takes awhile to initialize--don't know why (and the one I'm using now is actually built into the m'board)--and the virus software. I'm using Norton Internet Security now but Mcafee's equivalent used to take its time, also. It's something I've just learned to live with.

HL

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

TTT mentioned regvac http://www.superwin.com/regvac.htm

Use it free for 30 days but use it in the NOVICE mode, that way you don't take any chances of screwing up your registry.
I've found it to be very safe, I think you will also.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...