Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Shoreham 'Flying Club' screenies (for Micah)

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Post some screenies of your shoreham add-on for me, if you can as the ones on official websites often look better than they actually are!

Well here you go Micah, these are some screenshots I took at the airport with the included add-on Piper Senaca. The images have been shrunk down to fit on this page and load quicker, but I'm sure you still get the general impression:

Parked by the famous art deco terminal

Sitting on the runway

Looking back over the whole airport

A birds eye view of the airport and surrounding photoreal textures

Low over Brighton and the South Downs

Included on the ‘Flying Club’ CD-ROM are much more than just the airport scenery. There are four fantastic as-real-as-you-can-get planes (and I would know how accurate they are as I have flown one of them myself) There’s also a program called ‘Aero-Tools’ which lets you personally adjust the repaint of each aircraft (so you can make your own), personally add your own photo to the pilots face (so you see yourself flying the aircraft in flight sim), and a tool allowing you to adjust the default settings for fuel, body weight and luggage weight for each aircraft.

To make sure it runs perfectly on your PC, as well as being able to slide the scenery density bar up and down, the add-on comes with this tweaker that lets your choose what objects you want displayed in Shoreham!

You can buy Just Flight’s amazing add-on here for 29 quid:
http://www.justflight.com/en/(3wcsd4552lf4yhaunn5ualuu)/index.aspx
or visit the offical website here:
http://www.jfflyingclub.com/
I give it 10/10 for the amazing attention to detail and the level of customization involved!

Last of all, I couldn’t help sneaking this screenshot in, coz the flyawaysimulation galley still hasn’t been updated… Angry It’s my POSKY British Airways 747 over Waterloo station, Central London which is part of another VFR Photographic Scenery package!

Hope this is what you were looking for Micah,
Cheers,
From Andrew

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked ABSOLUTELY STUNNING GRAPHICS

You've sold me on this one, just breaking into my kids piggybank to buy it right now Baby

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Lol, go for it sonicninja! These screenshots are pretty average really and dont do it justice- your be amazed when you actually install it! I have a mid-range PC, so it may look even better for you. Plus, I have the scenery slider down low, and when you put it higher, you can see some cool landmarks like the local 300 year old college, the port and docks, power stations etc etc!

Its also a great little base to do flights from, taking off from it early in the morning, taxing around with the busy south coast traffic, then taking off, exploring the local photoreal scenery, prehaps touching down at the Isle of Wigit for lunch before retuning back to shoreham in the late afternoon. Its a great feeling coming in low over the downs to see the airport buildings glistening in the low light as you touch down!

+++ for 29 quid, I rekon its a bargin! The planes alone are worth that much.

I hope you do get it, it would be great to do some online flying there!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

sonicninja wrote:

... just breaking into my kids piggybank to buy it right now Baby

ROFL

Now that's a nasty trick!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

sonicninja wrote:

just breaking into my kids piggybank to buy it right now Baby

That's evil Twisted Evil and we're so close to Christmas as well. Shame on you Whip Whip Whip No, No! No, No!

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Okay Okay, so ive put the money pack and glued my kids piggybank jar back together as the wife said " Nope ".

instead ive decided to sell the wifes foot spa on Ebay, seeing as she now has trotters like an Elephant that has just finished a 30 year career running across drawing pins for the Circus.

Hooray for Ebay and my wifes trotters!!! Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

sonicninja wrote:

Okay Okay, so ive put the money pack and glued my kids piggybank jar back together as the wife said " Nope ".

instead ive decided to sell the wifes foot spa on Ebay, seeing as she now has trotters like an Elephant that has just finished a 30 year career running across drawing pins for the Circus.

Hooray for Ebay and my wifes trotters!!! Thumbs Up!

ROFL ROFL ROFL
You sure know how to find your way out of a tight spot!!

Say... does your wife ever read any of your poetry here on this board Umm...

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

hi,

they look stunning!!

I need to get this add-on! as soon as i can it will be on my shopping list. by the way, what sort of system are you running???? Your graphics look awesome!!

Micah Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

hi again micah,

my system is adverage- 2.4ghz celaron processer, 768mb ram, geforce fs 5600 256mb graphics card.

what sort of system do you have?

flying club runs on just about any machine, as there is so many ways you can customise the preformace of it!

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Hi CT,

Well my system is as follows:-

hp media centre, 3.4gig p4
2gig of ram
NVidia 6800GT 256mb ram.

I think it should look pretty good.

What do you run your settings on anyway?

Micah

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I vary my settings depending in what sort of scenery I'm flying in. At the moment for straight VFR flying over the UK, I'm using these settings: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/444000/DisplaySettings.jpg but if I'm flying at shoreham, I put the complexity bar up way higher.

Your machine is top of the range - so it will run real smooth on yours. Lucky person!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

cheekytrolly wrote:

I vary my settings depending in what sort of scenery I'm flying in. At the moment for straight VFR flying over the UK, I'm using these settings: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/444000/DisplaySettings.jpg but if I'm flying at shoreham, I put the complexity bar up way higher.

Your machine is top of the range - so it will run real smooth on yours. Lucky person!

Did you ever try it with AA unchecked and set to Trilinear . That should give better results.
If not, change it back.
Just a suggestion.
Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Did you ever try it with AA unchecked and set to Trilinear . That should give better results.

Nope never. I was asking for some advice in another forum because I keep getting blurrie photoreal textures. Will this improve my framerate or my blurries or what?

I'll go try it now and let ya know what happens.

Thanks for the advice mate!

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Well I changed it and nothing happened- my photoreal textures are still blurry. Is there a way of editing the fs9.cfg to help stop this?

For anyone whos's interetsed, I found a circuit pattern of Shoreham Airport which I uploaded for you here: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b235/444000/CircuitPatternMedium.jpg

Cheers

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

i just got the shoreham scenery today cheekytrolly, and i have to say its awesome, as are the planes that came with it!!

I will post some screenies tomorrow, here and probably more in the screenshot post, (off topic forum)

Thanks for the reccommendation!! Very Happy

Micah Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

AWSOME MICAH! Great News! Looking forward to the screenies! Smile Laughing Very Happy

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

here is some shoreham screenies, especially for Cheekytrolly, (does it make you miss home mate?)

Micah Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Fantastic shots friend, haha, it does remind me of home yes, but miss it? Not right now man- its the middle of summer and I'm getting sunburn rather than having snow fights Cool

It's such a great add on init? I hope you enjoy it as much as me Smile

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

cheekytrolly, ping me a pm about how to get flying online and i will fly with you from shoreham sometime. i have never managed to fly on-line yet, but would love to.

Cheers mate

Micah Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That is a very nice set of scenery you have there.

Radar