SearchSearch 

Do you like to create a Screenshot Topic?

Do you want to create a Screenshot topic?
YES
82%
 82%  [ 14 ]
YES
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
NO
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
NO
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 17

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

A post of dear Liono ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/10042/just-4-screenshots/

And an older post of dear Captain Agus0404 too ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/9496/more-specific-sites-infos/

Agus0404 Wrote:

It would be cool if Flyaway can add a Chat Room here so we can chat whenever we want. And what about a Screenshots Forum? Sometimes the gallery has some problems and people can't add screenshots. Also many people find that it's hard to upload a screenshot there. A screenshot forum will not have those problems and it will be easier to upload screenshots.

gives me an idea. Idea

If we keep on mind that the screenshot gallery is huge not controled well and not updated so often as we would like to,i propose to create a topic here in the Off-topic forum which we all can share our shots.

I have thought and would like to propose some posting rules which of course are open to critics and changes(if at the end we create it).

1.Not full screen shots

we can share the link to our shot(s)or we can use the small icon option like imageshack did.

2.Not more than 5 shots.

If we want to share more we can use photobucket or something familiar and share the link to our screnshot folder

3.Remove shots after 1 month

We have the responsibility-commitment after 1 month to edit our post and remove the shots from there(in order to deload server)If we like we can upload them to the screenshot gallerie in order to stay there till the end of time... 😉 If this doesnt happen moderators will do it(i know...i know more extra boring job... Embarassed Crying or Very sad Embarassed for them)

4. These shots must stay close to FS

...and nothing more(our favorite pet,our cars,our girlfriends-boyfriends....etc)

Also maybe our moderators could sign this topic as a sticky one in order to be separated from the others.

Im open to corrections No, No! discussions Secret objections Nope sarcasms Puke Up or anything you like. And i have to make clear that im not offended to the site or specific to Flyaway.I just share an idea and would like to see what do you think about it... 🍅 🍅 🍅 Wacko

47 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Greekman

I total agree with the idea of a screenshot forum. Good idea we can also keep the limit of the shots to say......... 100-150kbs each and no more than 5 shots per thread.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Deeply sorry and apologise for the doubled choices in the poll options.Seems that my Censored Evil or Very Mad connection has play with me some very tough games...

I try to edit and fix this problem but unfortunately i cant so i would like to please our moderators if they can do it ,to get in the trouble and fix it.

Apologise to all about this funny and fool mistake of me. Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Liono wrote:

Greekman

I total agree with the idea of a screenshot forum. Good idea we can also keep the limit of the shots to say......... 100-150kbs each and no more than 5 shots per thread.

Thanks for your responce Liono.Its a good suggestion the size you are talking too but if we share a link i think there is no problem on this.

Also i speak for a specific topic in this forum and not a seperate-new Forum , for the simple reason that we can create it immediatly.If we ask for a Forum it will take a lot of time to be created.

Thanks again. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm not sure I fully understand the complexity of the concept you're proposing my friend, but I would welcome a way of browsing and viewing the screenshots in a more practical way. Umm...

All I need to do now is find out which one of the two "Yes" options to select... Juggle Tee Hee

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

I'm not sure I fully understand the complexity of the concept you're proposing my friend, but I would welcome a way of browsing and viewing the screenshots in a more practical way. Umm...

All I need to do now is find out which one of the two "Yes" options to select... Juggle Tee Hee

Come on...please dont tease me about this ridiculus mistake i have done...im so shame about it... Embarassed

And...where is you vote? Evil or Very Mad Whip

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Also i speak for a specific topic in this forum and not a seperate-new Forum , for the simple reason that we can create it immediatly.If we ask for a Forum it will take a lot of time to be created.

Thanks again. 😉

OK if there was a seperate forum for just screenshots you wouldn't have go through all the other posts just to find them. Flyaway could just delete one of the unused forums and make it into a screenshot forum. I unstand Flyaway is busy with RL (Real Life) work like all of us 😉.

Greekman you should know by now how to put a poll in place Hack Hack but then again will all have connection problems fom time to time 😀 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Very nice idea about the Forum...Rename...

As about the poll.... Wall Bashing Crying or Very sad Wall Bashing Crying or Very sad Wall Bashing Crying or Very sad Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Come on...please dont tease me about this ridiculus mistake i have done...im so shame about it... Embarassed

And...where is you vote? Evil or Very Mad Whip

Sorry Greekman, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, you don't need to be ashamed or embarassed about a little mistake - after all, everybody knows that you are the only person in the world who makes mistakes 😉

My vote is already in Secret I tried to cast two votes... but they wouldn't let me 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I agree with the rules posted. They will make a more organized forum or topic.

This explains better the other topic in the General Forum. We both have similar ideas, but they are just a bit different.

OK if there was a seperate forum for just screenshots you wouldn't have go through all the other posts just to find them. Flyaway could just delete one of the unused forums and make it into a screenshot forum.

I agree with that. Some forums here are not often used.

you don't need to be ashamed or embarassed about a little mistake - after all, everybody knows that you are the only person in the world who makes mistakes

😳 I am not understanding this...

I tried to cast two votes... but they wouldn't let me

You cheater Poke in Eye

😂 Just joking...

In conclusion, I would say that renaming a "not used" forum and deleting its contents will be a good idea. This new renamed forum will bring life and love with our screenshots.

Bow Down

Guest Liono Guest

Greekman it's not your day is it 😉

Liono

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Guest Liono wrote:

Greekman it's not your day is it 😉

Liono

LOOOOL probably... Crying or Very sad 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I'd rather see the screenshot gallery updated on a regular basis.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I'd rather see the screenshot gallery updated on a regular basis.

Of course this is the best my friend Crash. 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain

Exactly, that's the best. Something has to be done here.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

hmm

there would be no reason for fly away to rename one of the existing boards, he could just add one

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

hmm

there would be no reason for fly away to rename one of the existing boards, he could just add one

Agree but when we ask to creat this forum(Off -topic)we have to wait about a month. Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

hmm

I didn't know that...

So, what do you guys want? A topic inside the Off-Topic forum where we can only put screenshots? A Screenshots Forum? Or give FEM a job in the Screenshots Gallery? If you want to give FEM a job, we have to talk to Flyaway about that. Maybe RadarMan or TTT can talk to him... 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

if we think it would take a long time to get Fly Away to setup a forum, maybe we could setup one of our own?

I think a post would be awkward to keep finding and so on...

or maybe we could setup a group http://www.frappr.com/

then we can see where everyone is and post images?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

you don't need to be ashamed or embarassed about a little mistake - after all, everybody knows that you are the only person in the world who makes mistakes

I've just run this quote through my infallible Microsoft Office Spell- and grammar checker... no mistake here Read

Sooo... my conclusion - if you're not understanding this - try looking at it from a different angle Yes Not so serious, you know?

Tongue-in-cheek, (sarcastic...? - no, sounds too harsh), teasing, needling, egging on etc., etc..

What have they done to us?? We've all become so serious over the last few decades 🤔
IMO language should more often be used as a 'dance' rather than a 'prescription for medication' - let's have some fun 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

As of now, my languange is dancing across the beginnings of a book I'm picking at in my spare time. Tailhook, I'm going to PM it to you, see what you think.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Roger that. I hope it's not in german. 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Haha heck no. I don't know enough to do a book in german 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Agus0404 wrote:

I've just run this quote through my infallible Microsoft Office Spell- and grammar checker... no mistake here Read

Sooo... my conclusion - if you're not understanding this - try looking at it from a different angle Yes Not so serious, you know?

Tongue-in-cheek, (sarcastic...? - no, sounds too harsh), teasing, needling, egging on etc., etc..

What have they done to us?? We've all become so serious over the last few decades 🤔
IMO language should more often be used as a 'dance' rather than a 'prescription for medication' - let's have some fun 😀

Who is serious???!!! Evil or Very Mad

Dont you ever never talk to me again with this way... Whip

of course im kidding to the joke of my friend. 😉

Last edited by Greekman72 on Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Now what's going on here?? Over the last few weeks I have read so many complaints about the screenshot gallery never being updated and yet, when there is a poll on the table to improve the viewing of the screenies, nobody seems to take an interest. At this stage only 10 votes?? Yet those who complained about the delays must have been in their fifties!!!
Another case of : I'm gonna show you mine - but I'm not interested in yours...?

It reminds me a bit of the ridiculous situation where every new simmer wants to be the CEO of his own VA rather than partaking in the 'minor' role of being 'only' a pilot.
I see some biiig egos on the Radar

And that's all I have to say to that Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Tailhook on Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Well my friend im not going to hurry up and stay beside you in this state...I would like to give to all a break and let this Poll runs till the end of the Weekend and then we will see and talk about the results.

Although i have to notice something that maybe its a litle sharp but although its truth.

All the points-issues-notices-problems of this site rise up on the air for the simple reason that Flyaway is not presented here at all.
I find rediculus the poll i created cause its obvious that it will not be necesary if some people(i dont know if Flyaway is the only responsible for update-clean the screenshots gallery)do they Job as they have to do.If they cant they could have create some polls or proposals to find some of us and give us specific responsibilities and im sure that many of us including myself will be wiling and happy to help.

This Poll has a double goal.The first is the results in order to figure out if we want or not this new topic.Thats the simple part.The deeper goal is to check if someone of the responsibles(i dont know if its only Flyaway or there are more silent persons in the managment)would have the sensious to spend their time and take a look to a problem that excists for months.

I notice yesterday evening(my time zone)that Flyaway was logged in.I was sure that i will not see anykind of comment about this issue as i have a lot of time to see an official state of him about some problems we discuss occasionaly.

This is more than disappointed for a site with more than 66.000 members.
This site has turned to a way of life for me and i could bet for some of you too, and i spend more than 10hours a day in it,watching,learning,laughing and more.I notice proposals,ideas and comments not only to this topic, and as i read them i feel sad cause i know that all this kindly willing of these great menbers will stay on the air. Crying or Very sad

We all have a common pation in here.The pation of flying other more other less but the most important for me is that i find great and knowledgable high level persons in here.

These persons dont deserve a better treatment?.At least a sign that their problems-proposals has been heard and checked???My way of life tell me that if we respect someone we must show it to him by giving some signs even though these signs is a simple uplift.

I make clear that i will be the first i will apologise to Flyaway if im wrong and if i see a change to how he treats our problems.Im not offencive to him in person.I dont know what kind of guy he is,and this is not the point.

After this i will not be satisfied if i see a silence update of the screenshots gallery.Its not enough for me.I want to see more.

The point for me is that i DEMAND respect to the members of this site. ❗

Deeply sorry and apologise for my huge and maybe boring post.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

As i mentioned before but may have gone unnoticed in the array of messages we have here..

should we not get anywhere with this, I could host a screenshot gallery that would be for the members and run by the members.

I know this is not ideal and we would like the screenshots in here to be sorted, I am just offering it as an alternative

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

As i mentioned before but may have gone unnoticed in the array of messages we have here..

should we not get anywhere with this, I could host a screenshot gallery that would be for the members and run by the members.

I know this is not ideal and we would like the screenshots in here to be sorted, I am just offering it as an alternative

Your kindly effort is much much appriciated dear Dr. Insight but the point is Flyaway take care of these issues not every one of us.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I understand my friend 🙂 just making sure the alternative is known about should we not succeed on our other paths 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

I guess I'm starting to get what you meant. It's not that hard to understand that, and I'm not a slow learner. It's that that phrase had two meanings, and that confused me a bit. Anyway, that's part of the past. No one's mad....everyone's happy.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Greekman, I can't agree more with you. It would be great if we could see a change here. Problems need to be solved. And it could be nice if Flyaway understands our requests with this well-known issue of the Screenshots Gallery.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

We shall see Captain Agus... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

And we shall be patience too. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Agus0404 wrote:

And we shall be patience too. 😉

A litle..not too much... 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

I hope so...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

This is for those who habitually only ever read the first or the last post of a thread and therefore don't have a clue what the whole thing is about.

I'll put it in a nutshell for you.
Let's forget about the egotistical behaviour of 'I want everybody to look at the screenshots I made, but I couldn't give a rat's Ass about the ones someone else went through the trouble of making and uploading.'

This is about establishing a Screenshot Forum rather than having a 'Screenshot Gallery' which, according to the many, many, many, many... complaints this board has recently been swamped with, is not frequently enough updated.

Now if the idea of a 'Screenshot Forum' sounds like a sacrilege or too alien to you, I'd suggest you venture out a bit and visit a few other flightsim sites... and don't worry, I have it on good authority that if you do so, you won't lose your membership or your Ranking here at Flyaway Nope

Instead, lo and behold, you'll discover that many other FS sites on the web have had Screenshot Forums for a long time - and judging by the hits, everybody seems to enjoy them.

Just to take the edge off my 'seeming' sarcasm - there is a very recent post in one of our forums where the poster states in disbelief that he had no idea there were other FS sites besides Flyaway.

And I'm kidding you not Wall Bashing

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

To be perfectly honest, while it may be popular, I am not for it. Why give a bunch of Censored wits an opportunity for another chorus of, "What plane is that", "Where did you get that", "Crap graphics", and, "I flew in one of those"?

I have about a thousand screenshots. My screensaver displays them randomly. So I don't feel much of a loss. If that seems selfish, I'm sorry. I am just too tired of the idiotic comments some people feel compelled to make about screenshots, to find the idea appealing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I dont desagree with you Crash but the point who rises up for another one time here is that we discuss something while the respansibles are absent...I start get dissapointed and finding no meaning to this... Crying or Very sad

I dont like all of us to write,read,agree,disagree make our proposals for nothing...
I WANT A SIGN THAT THIS CONVERSATION ,AT LEAST,IS WATCHING ❗

Then we talk...now its useles...I think that this issue has been shifted to a bigger point than a simple creation of a screenshot gallery...

And something more...Tailhook is 100% right.We have notice for weeks now complaints from some guys about screenshots gallery....Its surpizing to me that this guys dont come here to share their thoughts even though i notice them around...

Deeply deeply sorry for this... ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I have posted messages in Flyaway's direction and his absence is extremely frustrating Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Here are some links to topics of past about Screenshots problem.

It is very interesting to notice the dates... ❗ 😳

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/9937/screenshots-fao-flyaway-radarman-fem-etc/

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/5322/an-open-letter-to-moderators/

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/9896/screenshots-complaint/

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/9902/ever-think-about-updating-screenshots/

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/9500/screenshot-gallery/

Greekman my friend, you went through all the trouble of digging up those links - I am sorry to say... you've wasted your time. I assure you that out of 100 forum browsers maybe 1 bothers to click on any one of those links and once they realize that they actually have to read something in order to grasp the meaning - they leave faster than an Apollo spacecraft at top speed.
I'd rather bring you good news - but you too seem to prefer to hear the truth instead of lies.

Regards Geek

In the end, the thinkers always win and eat the sheep!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Your words are more than wisely dear Tailhook and too kindly for me..i dont think i deserve it so much...Anyway without meaning to discomment your thoughts i would like to start my week(it starts for me now)with good and happy mode and try to share this mode with all of you too.I would like to stop gramble.Discussions has been done,proposals too and everyone of as has modulate his opinion.

As i already told to another topic i will give up from this idea,and i feel that i have to apologise to all of this members which have the kidness to get in the trouble to vote.Positive or negative there is no matter to it.The matter is that there are some people who express their opinions and thats the most improtant.(The story repeated,i remind the same thing about the discuss we have when we talk about the creation of the Off-Topic forum...life is always round and round... 😉 😂 )

Deeply sorry and apologise to all. Embarassed

Good and happy week to all of you. 😉 😀

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Yes- please please please someone create a new screenshot gallery 😂

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

rather than go through the pain of creating a screenshot gallery or a forum, why dont we just create a sticky Topic in general or something?

Then anyone can post the shots they want and all you have to do is click on the end page for the most recent shots.

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Micah wrote:

rather than go through the pain of creating a screenshot gallery or a forum, why dont we just create a sticky Topic in general or something?

Then anyone can post the shots they want and all you have to do is click on the end page for the most recent shots.

Micah 😉

Please my friend Micah read the first (i know its big and boring)post of this topic... 😉

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

i just re read it, misunderstood, sorry!

But surely then, if its that simple, lets just do it!

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Micah wrote:

i just re read it, misunderstood, sorry!

But surely then, if its that simple, lets just do it!

Micah 😉

No need to sorry my friend.There was no problem at all... 😉

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Isn't there an 'Admin' group who could sort this out? Who is in control of flyawaysimulation.com anyway?