SearchSearch 

downloading...

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

Does this happen to anyone else:

When you download a file from Internet browser, then go into fs2004, for say 40 minutes, then go back to your desktop; the file you started to download 40 mins ago hasn't made any progress?

I always used to download scenery and repaints for flight sim and ran full screen app's during the time it took for the download to compleate, but nowerdays its not working the same...

I use MYIE2, aka 'Maxthon' browser, just like I always have.

Anyone else having the same issue?

4 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I use Maxthon browser too but i have never face up to this problem you reffering too.I have make downloads a lot of times while im simming.The only problem i had once was that i cant get the update of real time weather(when i fly with this option)when the same time i download something.

I have to notice that i dont use any downloader but i use the defaults windows program.Occasionaly im using Flashget for the only reason that you can store you downloads there and download them anytime you like,but i have never use it same time with FS.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

there isn't an option for it to automagically pause the download when in an application or something daft is there?

Pro Member First Officer
robbier First Officer

the only thing i can think of is that MSFS is interfeering with the download, therefore pausing it. maybe try to just start the download then leave the computer for a while, then come back.

hope this helps,
robbier

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

the only thing i can think of is that MSFS is interfeering with the download, therefore pausing it.

hmmm, I dunno why, because I've run a download and the simulator before with no problems! I will try what you suggested and tell you what happens- thanks robbier

there isn't an option for it to automagically pause the download when in an application

I use MYIE2 browser which has a exact copy of the default IE download browser window- so as far as I know there are no options for this, unless anyone knows of any?

Thanks