0%  [ 0 ]
Can't be bothered-Only install Payware
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Which Zip Utility do you use?

It would be nice if you'd comment why you choose one over another. This is not meant to be a competition - there are neither gonna be winners nor losers. I feel that your contributions could benefit us all.
Thank you for participating Clap

Last edited by Tailhook on Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I voted WinRAR

You don't get the annoying "use evaluation buy help" window that pops up when you use WinRAR.

Also WinRAR can open more types of compressed files, (tar balls, gz files etc)

It also supports a higher rate of encryption if i recall correctly... to sum it up, WinRAR is the compression tool of champions Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Win Rar for me too.

For the same reasons Dr.Insight refers to,and something more...Better and friendly enviroment Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

I voted WinRAR

You don't get the annoying "use evaluation buy help" window that pops up when you use WinRAR.

It also supports a higher rate of encryption if i recall correctly... to sum it up, WinRAR is the compression tool of champions Smile

Thanks Insight - something that confuses me a little is your statement that

Have I misread it again? thanks for your contribution Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I voted for WinZip. I have WinRar too, but I find WinZip to be really easy to use so I'll stick with it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I use WinZip but I also have Winrar just (checked) for their files.
Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Winzip and Winrar for me

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Insight wrote:

I voted WinRAR

Thanks Insight - something that confuses me a little is your statement that

Have I misread it again? thanks for your contribution Smile

lol doh!

I meant "that pops up when you use WinZIP"

gah, undone by my hideously bust mind earlier on... i have now extinguished all 'fires' at the office and am settling down for a relaxing evening writing this complicated SQL report Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I've tried to edit the options for the poll - just look at the mess I've made. Wall Bashing
I give up!!!

I find it hard to believe though that everyone keeps crying out for help with installing a/c, yet no-one uses extraction tools. What kind of magic is at play???

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Ha..... Twisted Evil Well well well.....seems that i find company in my lonelynes to be the only one who is making mistakes... Poke in Eye

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

i tend to use winzip as it is so incredibly simple. its all you need really!

Micah Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

Ha..... Twisted Evil Well well well.....seems that i find company in my lonelynes to be the only one who is making mistakes... Poke in Eye

ROFL ROFL ROFL

I feel honoured to join such an elite group of bunglers of which you, my friend Greekman have the dubious honour of being the founder.
To my defence I'd like to remind you that I am the Baby regarding everything that is even remotely related to 'computing' - where on the other hand you my esteemed friend ... are the expert!!! (No, I won't even mention battery operated radios and flightsticks Nope )

Gotcha Tee Hee

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Ha...!!!! Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good try... Wink