SearchSearch 

What airplane should I get for X-mas???

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well I've been thinking on what airplane to get for x-mas. Does anyone have any suggestions on what good payware plane to get? Thanks.

17 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Embraer 190-195 Regional Jets for FSX/P3D aircrafts.

https://www.simshack.net/products/embraer-190-195-regional-jets-fsx-p3d-944 😉

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Well I can assume that you are talking about the Wilco/Feelthere CRJ's, right? Well I think I am going to get their ERJ instead. I've FINALLY made up my mind. Well at lest for now. I can wait to hear what Feelthere's new BIZ jet is going to be. I will garuntee you that I will get it. We think that it will either be the Embraer Legacy or Bombardier Global Express.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

The ERJ is very nice. BTW, remove the space after [img] in your sig so it will display properly.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Thanks Crash. Now it should work. Hey can you jsut tell me what you think about the ERJ. What do you really like or dislike about her? Thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain

The panel is great. I don't think I have seen another one that presents information to you so intelligently. It is very readable.

The v/c doesn't hit your resources hard like some do.

The exterior looks crisp and clean. The flight dynamics are quick and precise. I've seen it said (real world) that it handles a bit like a fighter, but you get a warning if you bank it too hard.

The only issue I had with it was that, like any of the stretched jets, it felt a little antsy on the runway during take off. Since I hadn't flown it since getting my yoke and pedals (My VA doesn't fly the ERJ), I decided to give it a shakedown (with realism settings at maximum) before replying. To my surprise, the problems I had with the ERJ with the joystick were gone.

From 0 to 30 kts, she'll be neutral or drift slightly right. After that, she'll drift slightly left until 70-80 kts, when the rudder has more effect at which point, she'll go where you point her with almost no compensation needed.

Landing is pretty straight forward (pun intended).

If you have any specific questions, let me know. The plane does take some setup prior to flight, but it isn't tedious or terribly difficult.

One other thing I almost forgot. The sound is nice.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

I can vouch for Crash's review 100%. I think it is a very well made aircraft!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Hey Crash....I envy you new sig... 😁 Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad (i mean the landing craft)

I want one... Baby Baby Baby

😉

Chief Captain
ceetee Chief Captain

I envy you new sig

Yer, me too man!

Where did you get it, and are there any more?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Right-click on it, select copy from the menu and save it to your computer. Then upload it to your photobucket account and add it to your sig.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Right-click on it, select copy from the menu and save it to your computer. Then upload it to your photobucket account and add it to your sig.

Niaaaaa....I Baby want my own one... Baby

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

I don't know where to find them. I grabbed mine from a sig in another forum. Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I don't know where to find them. I grabbed mine from a sig in another forum. Embarassed

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Thanks crashgordon for your mini review. The airplane just looks really great and I can't wait to fly her soon. I'll be flying her in the Continental Express colors. Do you know of any Continental VA? Also one thing that I have heard of that isn't the best about her is the VC, like how the overhead panel is kind of streched out. Oh well. I don't fly in VC's that often, mainly only in cruise. Also I can't wait to hear what FT's next plane is going to be. They say it is going to be a Business jet. At their forum many people think it is going to be the Embraer Legacy. But who knows. All I know is that I will for sure be getting it. I am also curious to see how their 737 is going to be like. I doubt that I will get it though. Also they have released a set of flight manuals on their site. You should check them out if you are interested in Boeing's. I know that if they had and ERJ one I would pick it up, also if I would get the 737 I would definatly pick it up. But i'm getting the ERJ, my favorite airplane and I know I'll love it. so thanks for your comments about her and I will keep you posted about her once I get it.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ask and ye shall receive. 🙄

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Thnks for the link. Well how do i go and take the entrance exam? I can't find it on their site.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

Nevermind crash. I found the link. I got an 88% on the exam!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain

I only got 78%. Crying or Very sad Still, it was enough to get in. I will take a look and see if there are benefits over the VA I currently fly for, or whether I can work "living two lives" into my schedule. 😉